• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe it's too much FM, but this is surely how it works? Otherwise, it's tapping up.

I mean obviously the story is total bull, but I've read stories like this elsewhere.

The grey area is the agent. Utd wouldn't have to speak to Modric directly, but are fully allowed to discuss with the agent anything they want. The agent can then hypothetically speak to Modric about what he would want if a contract was offered.

wtf??? surely transfers don't and can't work that way. totally arse about. player terms can only be discussed when a fee has been agreed?

Maybe it's too much FM, but this is surely how it works? Otherwise, it's tapping up.

I mean obviously the story is total bull, but I've read stories like this elsewhere.

The transfer fee doesn't have to be agreed, but the selling club must accept that the buying club meets with and discusses with the player (and his agent). A transfer fee can then be agreed upon later on.

This story seems like flimflam in several ways to me, very unlikely that Modric would want to be dealing with stuff like that during the Euros, and even more unlikely that Bilic would accept it.

The grey area is the agent. Utd wouldn't have to speak to Modric directly, but are fully allowed to discuss with the agent anything they want. The agent can then hypothetically speak to Modric about what he would want if a contract was offered.

No they aren't.

H7 This Regulation limits the circumstances in which an Authorised Agent may approach
or start negotiations in relation to a Player, where they are doing this with a view to
becoming involved in a Transaction.
An Authorised Agent may only do this if:
(i) the Player’s current Club has given written permission to do so; or
(ii) the Club or Player for whom the Authorised Agent is acting can do so in
the specific circumstances provided for in the rules of the Premier
League, Football League or FIFA as may vary from time to time. The
relevant regulations are contained within the Premier League rules on
Player’s Contracts, the Football League rules on Players and FIFA’s
Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players.

Who: BEN
When: 12th June
Where: FTL

young forest centre half
told deal done and we are loaning him back

No they aren't.

H7 This Regulation limits the circumstances in which an Authorised Agent may approach
or start negotiations in relation to a Player, where they are doing this with a view to
(i) the PlayerÔÇÖs current Club has given written permission to do so; or
PlayerÔÇÖs Contracts, the Football League rules on Players and FIFAÔÇÖs

The key word is hypothetical. Informal meetings, chats etc. Until it's formally in writing no rules are being broken (or at least impossible to prove they've been broken).

There is no point in us becoming incensed about it. We do it too. All teams do it.

It's usually general practice for a "selling" club - where the club has the player on the market, wants to sell, so will allow the player to negotiate personal terms with prospective clubs before any deal is agreed between clubs to expediate the negotiations.

Agents are just that, agents. i.e. their actions are taken to be done on behalf of the player, ergo they are taken as if the player was taking those actions himself. So no, Modric's agent cannot begin discussions with Man U as it is viewed as Modric himself undertaking those discussions.

No they aren't.

(i) the PlayerÔÇÖs current Club has given written permission to do so; or
PlayerÔÇÖs Contracts, the Football League rules on Players and FIFAÔÇÖs
MK makes a good point that Luka's agent could well be the agent of many other players (I have no idea). A club meeting with an agent can't really possibly be proven to be illegal.

You said fully allowed. Man U are not fully allowed to discuss Modric's situation with his agent. Would they do it, probably, but the gap between what Man U and the agent would discuss and agreeing terms is huge.

Harry is resigned to the fact that his time at Spurs is over. He believes that the people he has to work with (above him) are a horrible bunch. His words not mine!

Well Harry, I don't think they like you either.

MartinLipton@Martin Lipton - Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will definitely make use of Paris St-Germain interest in Luka Modric to ensure he exacts the maximum price if he is going to sell. Levy determined not to be forced into sale to Manchester United, irrespective of any agreement between Croatian and Old Trafford club - as he did last year when Chelsea tried to make it a fait accompli. PSG have the money to blow even United out of the water and Levy would prefer to sell Modric outside Premier League if he has to go

Given that lack of actual transfer activity and the boredom of a Tuesday morning, thought it would be interesting to put together a team of those players who we are perpetually linked to. Here's my starter for 10; am struggling for defenders:

----------------------Green-----------------------

---Richards----Tomkins---xxxxxx----xxxxxxx

---------------Veloso-------Diarra----------------
---Kallstrom-----------------------------Downing

--------------Leandro------Benzema------------

we keep fudging around while the scum wrap up m??villa, giroud and podolski, probably sign van persie up after the euros too.
unbelievable stuff every fudging window.

People have been saying that M'Villa has been 'wrapped up' for weeks but nothing appears.....kind of like Vertonghen!

Is there one company on the planet where everyone likes and gets on with everyone ? According to these tossers, Harry's had about 3 million meetings with Levy.

Levy wouldnt step without looking first. IF he is to sack Harry and he hasnt yet its because he is trying to line up a replacement

The thing is, given that Harry was nailed on for the England job, Levy has to have already done a lot of the ground work. My guess is, he knows who he wants.

Mike Calvin on the Life's a Pitch YouTube channel, said back in Feb/Mar that if Spurs couldn't get Jose, that Levy liked Moyes.

Given that lack of actual transfer activity and the boredom of a Tuesday morning, thought it would be interesting to put together a team of those players who we are perpetually linked to. Here's my starter for 10; am struggling for defenders:

---Richards----Tomkins---xxxxxx----xxxxxxx

---------------Veloso-------Diarra----------------
---Kallstrom-----------------------------Downing

--------------Leandro------Benzema------------

Everybody-------Kjaer-------Tasci---------Taiwo
-------------Veloso-----------Diarra--------------
Kallstrom-------------Diego-------------Downing
-----------------Everybody Mk II-----------------

re adamB/alaric

...still, they manage to identify their targets and in the end they??ll get them.

if we want cl-qualification next year it??s the scum we should compare ourselves with imo (city, united, chelsea are significantly stronger)

Back