• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GK: Friedel, Cudicini

RB: Walker, Naughton
CB: Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Caulker
LB: Ekotto, Rose

RW: Lennon
DM: Parker, Sandro, Livermore
CM: Modric, Huddlestone
LW: Bale

AM: VDV
ST: Defoe

That is our squad, as I said, worryingly paper thin. Even then there are doubts over some of those players' future. I'm not going to keep up the pretense that Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Khumalo, Bentley, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pienaar and Gio are actually squad members because we all know they aren't really.

Cudicini's yet to sign a new contract, not sure we're offering

What an absolute nob cheese, and a clueless one at that. If I thought he was a 16 year old kid, I'd think he's a genius. He's been able to string out a whole bunch of Spurs fans over about 2 years now because apparantly once upon a time he got something right. But alas, I don't think that's the case. I genuinely think he believes all the brick he posts.

Im glad some of the other sites are joining the GG way of thinking that 99.9% of ITK are ****s and deserve all the abuse they get. Most people remember the 'Blue and Yellow' farce of last season which was obviously referring to Rossi (blue + yellow = Villareal, plus the 'bap bap americano' comments) but then mysteriously the "and" was the important word because blue was Diarra (blue = France) and yellow was Ade (Yellow = Togo), until finally when Ade signed and Diarra did not, the blue represented Emirates Marketing Project all along.

I'm not sure how the contents of his rant provide any excuse for calling Hazard to City, especially since he's come out and said he chose Chelsea over United, seemingly had as much chance of signing for City as he did for Spurs.

So on to Vertonghen. 17th May he posted "pretty much agreed on. happy days" And almost a month later he still hasn't signed, and the player personally came out and said he's still an Ajax player and don't believe everything you read. Is the delay due to the things Porker of the Ladyboys listed? No of course not.

Yes transfers are complex but negotiations, formal offers, contracts, agents fees, bonusses and add ons are done well before things are "pretty much agreed on". So what exactly is agreed on to be "pretty much"? The font on the contract? It's arial 10 - better order your shirts.

Medicals can often be a lay down misere so in the case of a low risk player, it's seen as a formality and again, if things were "pretty much agreed on" on 17th May, the medical would be done and passed with flying colours shortly thereafter.

The other items are a crock of brick. FA registrations? Give me a break. They do hundreds of them and for a EU player, it's only an administrative function that holds nothing up.

FX conversion? This is the thing that made me laugh most. At the end of the day, buying a player is merely a contract, no different to the multitude of contract transactions that happen between different currencies every minute of every day. Foreign Curreny is a risk with every contract. You either bare the risk, or hedge it. It's not a reason for the contract not going through, or being delayed. You won't ever see a multimillion pound deal be delayed because the buying club wants to play the market and see if they can save a few quid on the forex. What a load of cobblers. The currency the fee is paid in is simply the currency the selling club has their bank account in. And in this case it's simply the Euro, not the Tongan Pa'anga.

And to end my rant against the rant, regarding the club's "disgression"about announcing the signing. Ajax would be well within their right to announce the sale and could see no reason for the delay. What reason would Spurs have for the delay? Surely we'd want the football world to know that we've secured a well recognised hot prospect from Ajax, and maybe guys like Bale and Modric would think that's pretty neat.

Apologies for the rant rant, but this joker does my head in.

That was a complete farce wasn't it:ross:. The guy is a total clown that gets near enough everything wrong yet for some odd reason they all worship him on SC. What exactly did he get right all those years ago that they worship him for?

Agent_ITK @Agent_ITK

Levy does the transfer negotiations at #THFC and Jewish Shiva lasts for 7 days Don't expect much/anything to happen for a week.

Nothing to do with something else then, which you tweeted about yesterday? ****.

He's funny as fudge, that guy, always self-publicising then getting in a hissy fit when people dig him out.

I've decided that he basically trawls club threads like the Spurs Community "ITK" one, then passes off the info as his own. This came from his saying "?ú5m bid in from Spurs for Tomkins, remember where you heard it first", and then I pointed out to him, twice, that that info had been posted on an "ITK" forum a number of hours previously. For someone so keen to retweet every bit comment headed his way, I'm surprised I was ignored both times....!

What an absolute nob cheese, and a clueless one at that. If I thought he was a 16 year old kid, I'd think he's a genius. He's been able to string out a whole bunch of Spurs fans over about 2 years now because apparantly once upon a time he got something right. But alas, I don't think that's the case. I genuinely think he believes all the brick he posts.

Im glad some of the other sites are joining the GG way of thinking that 99.9% of ITK are ****s and deserve all the abuse they get. Most people remember the 'Blue and Yellow' farce of last season which was obviously referring to Rossi (blue + yellow = Villareal, plus the 'bap bap americano' comments) but then mysteriously the "and" was the important word because blue was Diarra (blue = France) and yellow was Ade (Yellow = Togo), until finally when Ade signed and Diarra did not, the blue represented Emirates Marketing Project all along.

I'm not sure how the contents of his rant provide any excuse for calling Hazard to City, especially since he's come out and said he chose Chelsea over United, seemingly had as much chance of signing for City as he did for Spurs.

So on to Vertonghen. 17th May he posted "pretty much agreed on. happy days" And almost a month later he still hasn't signed, and the player personally came out and said he's still an Ajax player and don't believe everything you read. Is the delay due to the things Porker of the Ladyboys listed? No of course not.

Yes transfers are complex but negotiations, formal offers, contracts, agents fees, bonusses and add ons are done well before things are "pretty much agreed on". So what exactly is agreed on to be "pretty much"? The font on the contract? It's arial 10 - better order your shirts.

Medicals can often be a lay down misere so in the case of a low risk player, it's seen as a formality and again, if things were "pretty much agreed on" on 17th May, the medical would be done and passed with flying colours shortly thereafter.

The other items are a crock of brick. FA registrations? Give me a break. They do hundreds of them and for a EU player, it's only an administrative function that holds nothing up.

FX conversion? This is the thing that made me laugh most. At the end of the day, buying a player is merely a contract, no different to the multitude of contract transactions that happen between different currencies every minute of every day. Foreign Curreny is a risk with every contract. You either bare the risk, or hedge it. It's not a reason for the contract not going through, or being delayed. You won't ever see a multimillion pound deal be delayed because the buying club wants to play the market and see if they can save a few quid on the forex. What a load of cobblers. The currency the fee is paid in is simply the currency the selling club has their bank account in. And in this case it's simply the Euro, not the Tongan Pa'anga.

And to end my rant against the rant, regarding the club's "disgression"about announcing the signing. Ajax would be well within their right to announce the sale and could see no reason for the delay. What reason would Spurs have for the delay? Surely we'd want the football world to know that we've secured a well recognised hot prospect from Ajax, and maybe guys like Bale and Modric would think that's pretty neat.

Apologies for the rant rant, but this joker does my head in.
:ross: :ross:

literally at my desk laughing my head off in silence.

great post sir

GK: Friedel, Cudicini

RB: Walker, Naughton
CB: Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Caulker
LB: Ekotto, Rose

RW: Lennon
DM: Parker, Sandro, Livermore
CM: Modric, Huddlestone
LW: Bale

AM: VDV
ST: Defoe

That is our squad, as I said, worryingly paper thin. Even then there are doubts over some of those players' future. I'm not going to keep up the pretense that Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Khumalo, Bentley, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pienaar and Gio are actually squad members because we all know they aren't really.

i think bassong and charlie are still our players though

do we still own ryan mason?

I know that he was referring to Rossi but what did he say to get out of it?

carpet.jpg

No need for the back handed insult was there? I can read facts and figures about distances covered by players during a match, especially at high intensity. Work rate is one of the few things in football that isn't subjective and can be ascertained by stats.

No, because players who are faster can cover a greater distance. And Kranjcar is slow as fudge.

Personally I was impressed with his work-rate when he came into the team. In particular away to Liverpool.

I'll be sad to see him go. Love the way he plays football. Started 19 games I believe in the season we clinched CL football. Think it's a shame he's never been given a chance in VDV's role when he's been subbed or out injured. Would also have liked to see him play left-midfield against teams parking the bus, with Bale bombing forward from left-back.

We played some absolutely fantastic football with him in the side...matches versus Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season,Emirates Marketing Project(at home) and Wigan in 09/10...Undoubtedly one the most talented players,but its hard to shake off "images" in football,like being lazy despite actually always being in the top 3 players who ran the most.Only downside to Niko was his lack of pace,but he proved he didnt need it with his playstyle in LM/AM.

Oh well,atleast he will have CL football now on a regular basis.

Great player technically however doesnt fit into the way we play nor, arguably, English football.

Presumably Levy will have extracted a full price for him so we're better of selling and getting in someone who's more of a like for like replacement for Lennon or Bale

We played some absolutely fantastic football with him in the side...matches versus Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season,Emirates Marketing Project(at home) and Wigan in 09/10...Undoubtedly one the most talented players,but its hard to shake off "images" in football,like being lazy despite actually always being in the top 3 players who ran the most.Only downside to Niko was his lack of pace,but he proved he didnt need it with his playstyle in LM/AM.

I fully understand your patriotic subconscious bias but most of these events took place 3 years ago. He didn't look the part most of this season and was steam-rolled in midfield. We cannot afford to carry such a player against the top sides and quite frankly he didn't look to be interested in putting much effort either so fair dos on both sides.

agree with this 100%

its akin to when people called taarabt lightweight.

some people here just follow stereotype as opposed to visual aid.

racists

Sad to see him leave, class act and such a good finisher. Not his fault that Harry wasn't able to use him properly. Too bad he's going to Ukraine though, surely good enough to play in any of the biggest leagues, but I guess the money is good. Wish him all the best.

I fully understand your patriotic subconscious bias but most of these events took place 3 years ago. He didn't look the part most of this season and was steam-rolled in midfield. We cannot afford to carry such a player against the top sides and quite frankly he didn't look to be interested in putting much effort either so fair dos on both sides.

So that means if I m a Croat,I automaticly rate Kranjcar? Have you actually seen what he can do with a ball?Most of the players in our team can only dream of that.And as I said once,I rate TECHNICAL players,flair players who can produce stunning moves with their football.

Arguably our best games last season were Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home,and Kranjcar played a big part in both of them.Out of the 16 matches he played,we only lost 3-to United(away),City(home) and Arsenal(away) which were all collective team fails.

Great player technically however doesnt fit into the way we play nor, arguably, English football.

Presumably Levy will have extracted a full price for him so we're better of selling and getting in someone who's more of a like for like replacement for Lennon or Bale

you didnt like his performances then when he started half of our season in the year we made 4th (for the first time)...the 9-1 was pretty good, he seemed to fit into that game well enough, i would liek to think it was the totenham way

plus the home games against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and liverpool this season looked pretty good...the tottenham way hopefully? even the away game to pool was pretty well disciplined

actually, what IS the tottenham way?

So that means if I m a Croat,I automaticly rate Kranjcar? Have you actually seen what he can do with a ball?Most of the players in our team can only dream of that.And as I said once,I rate TECHNICAL players,flair players who can produce stunning moves with their football.

Arguably our best games last season were Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home,and Kranjcar played a big part in both of them.Out of the 16 matches he played,we only lost 3-to United(away),City(home) and Arsenal(away) which were all collective team fails.

are you kidding? are you using facts and evidence to back up your arguments / preferences? shame on you

Back