• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am i the only one that finds it strange that a player has his heart set on us?

It's great but It seems a bit of a surpise that a good player is desperate to play for us.

He's dreaming of playing alongside Jenarse and Bentley

So what the fudge am I supposed to do with the Niko tattoo on my arse... hmmmm? tell me that!

It's great but It seems a bit of a surpise that a good player is desperate to play for us.

Apparently supported Spurs as a kid ... makes a change considering you hear about half our squad growing up as Gooners.

My favorite Niko moment absolutely taking the tinkle on a corner vs Emirates Marketing Project

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qd_4oZiAEE[youtube/]

I think it's because if he looks at the top clubs around in the top leagues, the one that needs a centre back the most is us.

Real or Barca aren't going to chuck him in straight from Holland to be their lynchpin. Man United have 5 centre backs, City aren't looking. Chelsea aren't looking. Liverpool aren't looking and we're better than them right now. Arsenal aren't desperate for him with Koscielny and Vermaelen, as well as Metersacker.

So really we are the best team that can say to him 'we want you to play every week' and that's what he's looking for. Smart man.

I saw nothing to suggest that Kranky could play a central role or be the puppeteer. Too easily dispossed every time he played central for us.

I don't recall Kranjcar playing the second striker role . Center midfield , yes and agree with you that's not his position.
Harry likes players with pace but there are times when guile , speed of thought is needed rather than pace, such as when teams have parked the bus so to speak. I do recall Kranjcar coming off the bench in such games and scoring a couple of goals but then Harry soon knocked that idea on the head.

I don't recall Kranjcar playing the second striker role . Center midfield , yes and agree with you that's not his position.
Harry likes players with pace but there are times when guile , speed of thought is needed rather than pace, such as when teams have parked the bus so to speak. I do recall Kranjcar coming off the bench in such games and scoring a couple of goals but then Harry soon knocked that idea on the head.

Agreed.

I really think he was under-utilised in opposition-parking-the-bus situations. I would argue that he could be our most effective player in such situations. Has the skill and technique to create a bit of space for himself in tight situations, and has a good long-range shot on him.

After watching a Youtube compilation of Doumbia

[video=youtube;IRXkaBVgnjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRXkaBVgnjs[/video]

... That certainly looks like him in that picture posted a few pages back in the Spurs car park. But can we afford a player this talented? What would be his price tag anyways?

What manager doesn't? But I don't think it's fair to say that Redknapp is pace obsessed. VDV, Parker aren't exactly speed merchants!

I'd have kept Kranky and made more use of him personally, but I'll back the Manager on this one because I've only ever seen Kranky play well on the left flank and even then I am not sure he is a 4-4-x player.

Agreed.

I really think he was under-utilised in opposition-parking-the-bus situations. I would argue that he could be our most effective player in such situations. Has the skill and technique to create a bit of space for himself in tight situations, and has a good long-range shot on him.

I think something happened between Kranjcar and the management . I seem to recall not so vividly (old guy here lol), Niko coming off the bench and scoring with one of those long range shots you speak of. Then rather than celebrate it with his team mates, preferred to demonstrate his anger by glaring towards our bench.

He's set his heart on the Prem in my opinion, so...

He's probably a bit too un-proven for both the Manchester clubs, I doubt City want another Savic on their hands and Utd are fairly well stocked with young promising CB's.

Chelsea have Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic and Luiz and he's probably not expensive enough or demanding high enough wages for them to be interested.

Arsenal would LOVE to have him, however this is where the player choice comes in, it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that Spurs are a club on the way up and Arsenal on a serious downward spiral, dragged in to the CL qualification by 1 point, by the 1 world class player they have who has 1 year left on his contract and must be odds on to leave this summer. It's a no brainer he'd want to come here over the scum.

You agree Bale?

What manager doesn't? But I don't think it's fair to say that Redknapp is pace obsessed. VDV, Parker aren't exactly speed merchants!

I'd have kept Kranky and made more use of him personally, but I'll back the Manager on this one because I've only ever seen Kranky play well on the left flank and even then I am not sure he is a 4-4-x player.

Yes that's true, in certain positions you can have a couple of players in a team that do not have the pace such as holding midfield and behind the striker. You also rightly point out VDV is not blessed with pace so a like for like substitution with Kranjcar would have for me made more sense rather than have him trying to fill in the boots of either Bale or Lennon.

Thibaut Courtois has extended his loan deal with Atletico Madrid from Chelsea for another season.

My favorite Niko moment absolutely taking the tinkle on a corner vs Emirates Marketing Project

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qd_4oZiAEE[youtube/]

Was at that game and remember him being pure quality. Scored our first too if I'm not mistaken?

Sad to lose him, but no surprised. Cheers for the memories Niko

I'm a Kranky fan personally. I do feel that the only position he could play in was left midfield though, and that put him up against Bale. But I also think we under utilised him. One thing I'd have liked to have seen Harry do more was drop Bale to left back when we were dominating possession but failing to break through. And then utilise Kranky or Pienaar in front of him. Kranky is (was) our biggest goal threat from the midfield because he is the only midfielder we have who actually attacks the box and tries to get in there.

Against weaker teams at home I'd also have liked to have seen Bale start at left back with Kranky/Pienaar in front of him.

Ditto MK, I think we will miss the goals* he scored and the fact that he could take a corner!?

* On top of those already mentioned, I will remember with fondness the winners against Bolton (at home) and Stoke & Sunderland (away).

Good luck Niko.

Back