• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What we really need is a separate thread for fantasy tactics discussion and leave this to rumours and such.

I got to say I think Modric is a goner this summer, and even though I am loathe to lose the little man, I would be quite proud (in a way) to see him line up at Real or Barca. Clubs like those are the pinnacle, and I would not begrudge that at all (well, much)... And if we happened to acquire a top CM like Diarra (who I rate even if others don't) in exchange, then great. We'd have to change our style obviously as he is our conductor and there aren't many like him, but I feel we have strength in the centre of the park in Sandro and Parker (and possible additions).

I would be fudging gutted if he ended up at the 6th best team in England, but supposed best in Europe, however.

Emirates Marketing Project would be a wrench as well.

In fact, anyone in England can pay double.

Last edited:
And numerous PM requests.

Jeez, what is your problem? Like I said, if you don't like it, don't read it.

My problem is that it was perfectly fine the way it was, and now its been made awkward.

On the basis of a handful of divas having a moan.

Last year we kept it all in one place and the first post of the thread was conitnually uupdated - worked perfectly.

Sky Sports understands QPR and West Ham are eyeing up moves for Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson.

How is this different than ITK?

Brazilian ace Leandro Damiao has hinted that it could be the right time for him to leave South America.

The international striker has been linked with a host of clubs across England, Italy and Spain.

Tottenham are known to be long-term admirers and failed with a bid to land him last summer, whilst Italian giants Juventus have been linked in the past few weeks.

The 22-year-old signed a new long-term deal last year, and suggested he would stay in Brazil until 2014.

However, he has now suggested that he could now be ready to move on.

"I can't say much, it depends on Internacional too," he told a press conference.

"Of course my wish is to stay, but there comes a time when you need to go, but I don't know whether it is that time.

"If an offer arrives, then we will decide."

Internacional boss Dorival Junior admitted they have to be braced for an offer.

"We have to get ready," he said.

"There is nothing concrete yet but it is natural that several players draw attention.

"We will try to anticipate any loss by signing another player to minimise any damage [to the team]."

----------

Get Sandro on the case and sign him up!

And exactly what the fudge are we supposed to make of that?

Imagine a place? Take a guess. Beg for more?

Either say it or fudge right off, little greasy qunting rats fudgers.

It doesnt worry me, it annoys me.

One thread was working perfectly well until a bunch of pansies moaned that ITK was being posted.

Now there are multiple threads to monitor. And, on top of it all, they wont be managed properly (no slight on mods, its basically impossible) and will blend into one and the same thing - spread over multiple topics...

If people just got on with it and obeyed the rules then there would be no need to manage it properly. It's really shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand or stick to. I wasn't one of the requestors for it but now it's happened I am pleased we have an official ITK thread as it makes it easy to keep up with the rumours via my phone while I am on the move.

Anyway - I am pleased to hear the various rumours about Vertonghen being close, Remy being possible and even Adebayor talking up a permanent move to us. If we hoovered up those 3 and (say) Hoillet, we could fund most of that by selling the players we no longer want (Defoe, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Bassong, Dos Santos, Bentley, Corluka) and if we also brought back Naughton and Caulker from their loans then we would have a stronger unit overall than we finished this season with.

Then if Modric did decide he was going to go it would all be about getting the right price for him and ensuring that we put that money to good use for both our existing team and the long term future of our squad (theoretically you could swap Modric for Dembele, Sigurdsson, Bas Dost and Marvin Martin for example.... I'm not saying you would go out and buy all those players but it does show what about ?ú30 to ?ú35 million can get you if you go shopping in the right places.

Last edited:
wpd659:

There are 4 gk's on our list we scouted all year and none of them play in holland sorry guys not a GK will ask thou just incase!

Or the fella who got mighty lucky

Your pick

Tell me honestly - what would it hurt to tell us the name of the city were Levy's supposedly visited. No club name, no player affiliation, etc. - just a simple name. Could be Milano, Lisbon, etc. Tens of possible clubs and hundreds of players

Last edited:
Or the fella who got mighty lucky

Your pick

Tell me honestly - what would it hurt to tell us the name of the city were Levy's supposedly visited. No club name, no player affiliation, etc. - just a simply name. Could be Milano, Lisbon, etc. Tens of possible clubs and hundreds of players
I read it as him intimating that Levy also went to other places while in the Netherlands. Personally I would love us to be in for either Luuk De Jong or (especially) Bas Dost.

In this darkest of hours for the club, the one chink of light appears to be the urgency with which our chairman is pursuing key summer signings. Makes for a pleasant change. Let's hope that we haven't been misled by newspaper reports and ITK's and that we will have our three or four priority signings done and dusted, in the shirt and on the official website before the Euros get under way.

That might, at least, help to numb the pain and make for a bearable summer.

Nice piece in the Daily Mail today with Hazard on Hazard ! Micky Hazard basically saying be careful which club you choose, don't go for money, look at what's happened with Torres, etc. and finished with... Spurs is a great club for a young player to go and learn his trade at !!

This was obviously a tongue in cheek piece as Eden probably hasn't got a scooby who Micky is, but nice to hear an ex player still clearly being a supporter of us.

If people just got on with it and obeyed the rules then there would be no need to manage it properly. It's really shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand or stick to. I wasn't one of the requestors for it but now it's happened I am pleased we have an official ITK thread as it makes it easy to keep up with the rumours via my phone while I am on the move.

Anyway - I am pleased to hear the various rumours about Vertonghen being close, Remy being possible and even Adebayor talking up a permanent move to us. If we hoovered up those 3 and (say) Hoillet, we could fund most of that by selling the players we no longer want (Defoe, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Bassong, Dos Santos, Bentley, Corluka) and if we also brought back Naughton and Caulker from their loans then we would have a stronger unit overall than we finished this season with.

Then if Modric did decide he was going to go it would all be about getting the right price for him and ensuring that we put that money to good use for both our existing team and the long term future of our squad (theoretically you could swap Modric for Dembele, Sigurdsson, Bas Dost and Marvin Martin for example.... I'm not saying you would go out and buy all those players but it does show what about ?ú30 to ?ú35 million can get you if you go shopping in the right places.

Marvin Martin would be a good shout should Modric leave. Very skillful player great awareness and eye for a pass. Not sure about his consistency as I've only watched him a handful of times you'd maybe question why at 24 he's still playing for Sochaux.

Vertonghen in waiting room

AMSTERDAM - Tottenham Hotspur has yet to reach an agreement with Ajax over the transfer of Jan Vertonghen. But the chairman of the London club, Daniel Levy, after a day or negotiate hopeful returned to England.
Levy came in the morning at ten o'clock at Schiphol airport and traveled to the ArenA, where he was welcomed by the director Jeroen Slop and Henri van der Aat. With the leadership of the Amsterdam club has long been talked about constructions to reach an agreement on the ransom for another year continuous contract of the Ajax captain to come.

For Vertonghen to wait and see if both parties can find each other. Between supply and demand is still a substantial difference. Ajax only knows that the other parties no longer have to wait. For the champion would be beneficial if another club in the struggle for mixing the footballer of the year because the price would increase. But Vertonghen wants only to the club of Rafael van der Vaart and wants the board of Ajax makes the deal in order.

levy_jpg_1003558d.jpg

Levy with Vertonghen's agent Mustapha Nakhli

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/12180088/__Vertonghen_in_wachtkamer__.html

Back