• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
City Watch ‏@City_Watch

Mancini on Adebayor's on-again, off-again transfer from #mcfc to #thfc: "I think maybe we can close this in the next few days."

Has Ade actually been traning/keeping fit or has he just been lazing around NY?? If we do buy him I hope he carries on performing as he did last season. I'd hate it if he would start sulking and getting all big headed as he did at Arsenal and ManCity.....

Has Ade actually been traning/keeping fit or has he just been lazing around NY?? If we do buy him I hope he carries on performing as he did last season. I'd hate it if he would start sulking and getting all big headed as he did at Arsenal and ManCity.....

Ade seems like the kind of player that wont put on weight too much and I imagine is naturally very fit. At least I hope so because he also doesn't seem like the kind of player to train in his own time!

Yeah hopefully! Like I said before, I think they love all the front, but ultimately are a selling club and if we just offer what is fair and not just offer tiny fees we should get what we want out of it.

Brazilian clubs are quite wealthy right now, the economy as a whole is booming and the money is flooding back into the game. They are obviously aware of this and don't have to sell their players for the first offer any more (see Oscar, Moura, Damiao transfer talk). They also know there is always another talented kid coming through.

Not that it's really relevant, but I was off work last week and caught a round up of the Brazilian league. They were talking about this guy, Bernard of Atletico Mineiro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZsa4amIFRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTcX_qPUtW4

Think Ade is training with Man C's youth team, along with one or two other players who are on their way out of there

Brazilian clubs are quite wealthy right now, the economy as a whole is booming and the money is flooding back into the game. They are obviously aware of this and don't have to sell their players for the first offer any more (see Oscar, Moura, Damiao transfer talk). They also know there is always another talented kid coming through.

Not that it's really relevant, but I was off work last week and caught a round up of the Brazilian league. They were talking about this guy, Bernard of Atletico Mineiro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZsa4amIFRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTcX_qPUtW4

He looks OK. Were they talking about him in regards to us, or just about him as a player?

He looks OK. Were they talking about him in regards to us, or just about him as a player?

As a prospect, someone who has developed very well in the last 6 mths or so.

I suppose if it's not Damiao, then there will be another up and coming star of the Brazilian league to try for. Maybe one who doesn't cost the earth and does want to come.

I cant understand why people are thinking that we're going to be able to sign Leandro (or Damiao) either in the next 19 days before we play Saudi Sportswashing Machine or by the end of the window when we're be sniffing around him for about 18 months and not been able to conclude a deal.

Can see us having just Ade, Defoe and Kane as our out and out CF options on 31 August and then having to cross our fingers that Adebayor stays fit for most of the season

Roll on the new stadium and a higher income.....

To start the season with misfiring Defoe, youthful Kane and possibly Ade on loan would represent an epic failure of transfer strategy. But this has been the case for what, 3 years or so? So, the blame can't be footed at the Manager; it's the Chairman who's been the ever-present.

Tend to avoid being a 'blame person' but, sooner or later - especially if nothing changes - then it IS right to ask questions as to what the hell is going on. Having those three strikers patently isn't enough to achieve the goals which we're apparently setting ourselves.

To start the season with misfiring Defoe, youthful Kane and possibly Ade on loan would represent an epic failure of transfer strategy. But this has been the case for what, 3 years or so? So, the blame can't be footed at the Manager; it's the Chairman who's been the ever-present.

Tend to avoid being a 'blame person' but, sooner or later - especially if nothing changes - then it IS right to ask questions as to what the hell is going on. Having those three strikers patently isn't enough to achieve the goals which we're apparently setting ourselves.

Absolutely spot on - Ade is not even 'guaranteed', mind you

9 windows running yet to replace Berbatov

Absolutely spot on - Ade is not even 'guaranteed', mind you

9 windows running yet to replace Berbatov

Isn't Rafa the closest thing we've had to Berbatov? I've always thought of them offering similar things, guile, craft and goals.

But I know what you mean, and I do agree we need another couple of strikers before the window closes, and ideally before we kick off against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Ade, Defoe, Kane and another would be good as long as the other was more Adebayor than Kane in terms of quality.

Just some twitter talk.

He was 12/1 with SkyBet about 10 mins ago to go QPR , now 5/4, could be some truth in it.

Modric, Pienaar and Defoe out (£49m).

Moutinho and Ade in (30m).

That would be a pretty decent week, and leave us the time and funds to sort a 2nd forward and a GK.

Back