• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've always had 4 although we always played 442 admittedly. If we're going for Ade in front if VDV it's my opinion you should look for a natural replacement for both to cover injuries/suspensions. Now I'm not saying that's an easy job but you can't have Ade and Defoe otherwise you have to change the whole system to accommodate Defoe when Ades out.

Vdv's natural replacement is Sig, surely?

Yes that's why I'm delighted we've signed him.

Will be interesting to see how AVB accommodates both of them - unless Sigs been told to bide his time and he'll be first choice sooner rather than later??

Yes that's why I'm delighted we've signed him.

Will be interesting to see how AVB accommodates both of them - unless Sigs been told to bide his time and he'll be first choice sooner rather than later??

------------Ade
------------------Rafa
---Bale

-------Moutinho---Sig
-----------Sandro

maybe?

People are talking about needing some cover for Lennon, but I think AVB might successfully utilise Rafa on the right and use Lennon as cover.

The fudge formations that??? Shouldn't VDV and Bale be on the same line?? :)

Yeah I see what you mean but I just feel we miss out on something without Lennon. Unless we're gonna use Walker as serious support for VDV with his pace?

The fudge formations that??? Shouldn't VDV and Bale be on the same line?? :)

Yeah I see what you mean but I just feel we miss out on something without Lennon. Unless we're gonna use Walker as serious support for VDV with his pace?

Sig would be out right a bit too. It's 4-3-3, rather than a flat 5.

Who will we replace Luka with?

A) Moutinho
B) Sahin
C) Cabaye
D) Dembele
E) Allen
F) Someone else
G) We won't

I dont think we need three just two. Hell just one for fudges sakes

If one of the 2 strikers is African and goes to the ANC that would leave us with 1 striker who could then pick an injury and would leave us royally fudged. Would you take that risk with our luck?

If one of the 2 strikers is African and goes to the ANC that would leave us with 1 striker who could then pick an injury and would leave us royally fudged. Would you take that risk with our luck?

Did Ade not quit Togo?

And i would take the risk. Dude we will be lucky to bring in one striker let alone two and definitely forget three (we will play Kane/Defoe or VDV up front - we will improvise)

Did Ade not quit Togo?

And i would take the risk. Dude we will be lucky to bring in one striker let alone two and definitely forget three (we will play Kane/Defoe or VDV up front - we will improvise)

He did, but then he unquit.

Who will we replace Luka with?

A) Moutinho
B) Sahin
C) Cabaye
D) Dembele
E) Allen
F) Someone else
G) We won't

A-C would be my shortlist, in that order too.
D-E are last 2 days of the window 'oh fudge' signings. Not the worst players in the world, but not especially upgrades on Huddlestone.

Did Ade not quit Togo?

Rafa and Sig as false 9s in the Spain at Euro 12 tradition. Simples.

Did Ade not quit Togo?

He did but last season he came out of retirement

Kane is not remotely ready, not in the slightest

But what about when he rips apart the likes of Brazil, Argentina and USA which he does whenever Mexico meet them? Or do they not count?

Thing is, when he's played in a Spurs shirt he's been average! Doesn't matter what he does for Mexico, for Spurs he's been poor and so has not had much game time. Why give a player who shows very little a chance over others who are more effective?

City Watch ‏@City_Watch

Mancini on Adebayor's on-again, off-again transfer from #mcfc to #thfc: "I think maybe we can close this in the next few days."

Thing is, when he's played in a Spurs shirt he's been average! Doesn't matter what he does for Mexico, for Spurs he's been poor and so has not had much game time. Why give a player who shows very little a chance over others who are more effective?

Depends who against.

He looks brilliant in his first pre-season for us, looked great in FA Cup, Carling Cup and Europa League games too in the past. League wise, well he's not started a game for us since his first season where we had the worst start in over 50 years. Modric was also poor in these opening games.

Back