• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you will find (like with Davids) that there would be a committment to a signing on bonus, but that bonus would not be paid in full - but relased over the course of the contract. In effect a "wages top up" rather then "Lump sum".

I would imagine, also, that the contract would have clauses coming out of its ass as to when and what its payable

Which is other words what I suggested above. Not a chance Levy would dump such a massive sum on Ade's floor at the very beginning

bad ade! :barnet:

emmanuel-adebayor.jpg

Attachments

• emmanuel-adebayor.jpg
    emmanuel-adebayor.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 17
Personally i think it is a bad shout. Ade is 28 years of age and from what i've seen has rarely played in that position. So he drops deep and goes wide left during the game....VDV drops deep to the cm positions it didn't look like you were too keen on him starting there?

I take your point. Robbie Keane did the same thing and was tried at left wing and was awful. The problem we have is that to play the 4-3-3 the way I say it you either need extremely hard working inside forwards (Kuyt) or you lock up central midfield (Essien/Makalele) and have two more maverick inside forwards (J.Cole/Robben). So I guess Ade/VDV may work as the inside forwards but that would almost certainly mean we'd need Sandro/Parker in the middle with a hard working box to box midfielder alongside them.

I think Lewandowski is gettable because he is by far the biggest name on his agents books and right now is the time to cash in and make a big move. (Lewandowski is set to enter the final two years of his current deal and contract talks with Dortmund broke down last month. His agent Maik Barthel said at the time: 'The offer from Dortmund is not enough and I can confirm there is interest from Manchester United) He has had 2 seasons there, won 2 league titles, a German cup, so professionally he has been fulfilled and can leave as a success

I imagine Spurs would pay up to 20-25 mill for a 23 year old international striker proven in the Bundesliga, and give him a wage bigger than he is currently on there. Dortmund have signed Reus already, with another 20-25 mill they could strengthen even more. Even though Dortmund are a big club with big resources, their prudent nature would indicate that they would find it difficult to turn down a big offer for any of their players

why would he choose Spurs? A team that finished in the top 4 last season, new manager, new training ground, already signing big players to improve further, London, Spurs right now are quite an attractive proposition when all things are considered

If its true that Lewandowski is AVB's number one striking target (according to a Portuguese journo close to AVB who tweeted this fact and then quickly withdrew it) then i see this as a transfer that could be a goer

Hardly the comparison to the Bundesliga.

Plus he's only been with them for 2 seasons

league wise, no you're right but it's still not the greatest reasoning.

Falcao the same. He left champions and CL football to go to Atletico Madrid who were never going to challenge for the title and weren't in the CL. Plenty of players do it.

Hardly the comparison to the Bundesliga.

Plus he's only been with them for 2 seasons

Lewandowski has never been at the same club for more than 2 seasons, and at Dortmund he has won everything there is to win domestically

quick google translate....

The Atletico have not liked anything the way that Tottenham has been interested in Adrian. In fact, within the organization are more than upset with the conduct of the London club.

In rojiblanco know that the Spaniard is a player who has attracted much attention for their great season and there are several clubs that follow the steps, but are not willing to consent to any entity, neither the Spurs nor any other, closer to the player without talking to them.

That is, both with Adrian as with any other member of staff, who wants to take it has to follow legal channels. It's nothing new, is the law which governs all clubs and from the banks of the Manzanares just want, like they keep it strictly, so do others.

So much so that leaders Atletico are considering the possibility of denouncing the whole of White Hart Lane having touched a player under contract in force, which is strictly prohibited.

To continue the team Villas-Boas with their negotiations behind the entity Calderon, Atletico top leaders would know that FIFA is going to stop the operation. The club president Enrique Cerezo did not want to breathe in any way it used to Adrian and all the weapons at its disposal.

The ram Teverga is one of the key pieces in the project that is building for both Atletico next season and for seasons to come, so they do not want that, the first change, see a club and without their consent, negotiate with him to take him.

But it does not stop there, because the leaders Atletico are willing to act as well against Tottenham, against the officer's own player, Eugenio Botas, as they believe that their attitude would not be right for this situation. If the English club wants to take Adrian and offers an exorbitant salary, the first to know should be the team that owns the player.

AS English ‏@English_AS
Cuatro TV channel have it that Modric is to sign for Madrid until 2017 for around €40 million

West Ham News ‏@WHUFC_News
KUMB forums: West Ham have had 8 offers accepted for players....all 8 players didn't join because we couldn't reach their wage demands

Mild chuckle aside, good to see clubs not bowing to the demands of average players.

Back