• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My take on LLoris is that it will be very hard for us to get him. He is regarded as one of the best keeper in the world..if not the best. I would be shocked if we managed to get him.

So, in terms on the fee we would give to Lyon, that should be fine, it isnt that expensive for a keeper that would stay in the goal on for years..

Would he sign for us? My heart says yes but i cant really believe it.. I think he'd turn us down.

Definitely not the best

Some ITK said we had talks planned for today with Lloris, these stories tie in with that. All I know he was rated as one of the worlds best prospects a few years back when he moved to Lyon, not hears much since which doesn't usually bode well.

You (or anyone else) speak Croatian? From what I could see it doesn't mean that. Or do you have a different article than I have?

http://www.24sata.hr/nogomet/luka-se-dogovorio-s-realom-bit-ce-to-rijeseno-vrlo-brzo-272624?ticker=6

"Luka je na “iglama”, ali i Jose Mourinho, trener “kraljevskoga kluba”. Zbog lošeg iskustva s Turčinom Nurijem Sahinom, za kojeg je više puta ponovio kako je jedan od razloga što se nije uspio uklopiti cijele godine taj što nije s momčadi odradio pripreme, Jose bi želio s Modrićem napraviti specifičan plan priprema. Odšteta Spursima trebala bi iznositi oko 35 milijuna eura."

According to google translate:

Luke is the "needle", but Jose Mourinho, the coach, "the king of the club." Because of bad experiences with Turk Nuri Sahin, who has repeatedly reiterated that one of the reasons why he did not manage to fit this year as the team did not prepare, Jose would like to do with bruises specific plan preparation. Compensation Spurs should be around 35 million euros.

I suppose thats one way of calling him a massive prick

With respect to keepers and the sweeper keeper system we are going o embark on, why not get tried and tested keepers like vorm (Swansea) or Helton (Porto). At least for now, getting the tactics and understanding in place should be priority number one.

Let me get this straight... according to rumours we are on the verge of signing Vertonghen, Oscar, Lloris and Fryers to add to Sigursson? 5 players and the window hasn't even been open a week? What has happened to the Spurs I once knew!?

Must say Sigurdsson is the only one I've seen a decent amount of, but completing our business early on sounds lovely nonetheless...

Still, we look nowhere near signing a bloody striker!

Almost 100% certain that we will sign a new keeper. As certain that it will be someone who is very comfortable on the ball (for a goalie). Friedel isn't and because of that AVB will be looking to bring in someone new. Similar to how Rodgers spent a lot of time finding Vorm for Swansea, we need the right goalie to make the AVB system work properly. Vorm would work, but he would probably also be in the $10m+ category easily at this point, maybe we can find someone better abroad.

Keepers like Shay Given would probably be better and fudge loads cheaper. Foreign keepers are waffty, stick to British methinks.. Or yanks, they are good with hand games

I don't think there is much chance of us going for Given. AVB will be looking at younger keepers, Given looks on his way to becoming past it and has injury issues. He also doesn't come for crosses unless they're about to hit him on the head.

Apart from Given and Hart I can't think of a single consistently good British goalkeeper in the last decade (I could be wrong of course), meanwhile there have been plenty good foreign keepers in the PL. All about finding the right man though.

Let me get this straight... according to rumours we are on the verge of signing Vertonghen, Oscar, Lloris and Fryers to add to Sigursson? 5 players and the window hasn't even been open a week? What has happened to the Spurs I once knew!?

Must say Sigurdsson is the only one I've seen a decent amount of, but completing our business early on sounds lovely nonetheless...

Ade too.

Ade is either close, or we're not interested. Depends who you believe. :lol:

That would make me very happy, his all round game is up there with the best in the league. If he could head the ball/finish he would be a ridiculous player... 17 in 33 in the league is pretty damn good anyway. I've just never really believed we could stump up enough in wages.

I've been lurking on sc for a bit and there's all sorts of ajax twitter feeds saying Vertongen is done for about 8 million euros... If that's the case than Daniel has worked his magic again! That's about half the asking price :)

Expect Fryers and Vertonghen to sign tomorrow...

Our defence:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto - LB
Zeki Fryers - LB
Jan Vertonghen - CB, LB, DM
Younes Kaboul - CB, RB
Steven Caulker - CB
Michael Dawson - CB
Kyle Walker - RB
Kyle Naughton - RB, LB.

We are more than covered in each position...jizztastic

Back