• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Porto tried to shaft us.

I'm sure such games are played by many clubs, including ourselves.
While I trust little of what the Lyon chairman says in public, I am pretty sure that we weren't behaving like innocent choirboys throughout the whole Lloris affair.

Of course - it swings boths ways - simply hurts more when we're on the receiving end

Get your business done early. Preferably before you've dropped 5 points.

Get your business done early. Preferably before you've dropped 5 points.

That is certainly the ideal but if you cannot get a sensible price out of the selling club earlier in the window, what are you meant to do?

The transfer window has had a funny effect on the transfer market. Clubs are like teenagers at a disco, everyone standing around the edge of the room not wanting to be the first to dance.

Clubs are like teenagers at a disco, everyone standing around the edge of the room not wanting to be the first to dance.

Or you don't want to settle too early on who to take home. One of the hot ones who seemed beyond your pulling power might become available late on when other options don't materialise.

Have you ever been involved in a contract negotiation? Small errors can cost you a lot of money.

How is that different to what I said?

According to the above story it came down to silly little details

Last edited:

assuming this is true then porto just did to us what we do to others i suspect

I did read that and the first two thoughts that came to my mind was Levy's PR machine is in full swing (and I now seriously think that there could be a real case of Levy does this on purpose, e.g. goes for unobtainable players to create the illusion that we are ambitious to placate the managers and the fans alike) and that IF it is true how karma has bitten him on the arse for all the bricky moves he pulls on other clubs. Almost every club that seems to deal with us, moans about our behaviour.

I did read that and the first two thoughts that came to my mind was Levy's PR machine is in full swing (and I now seriously think that there could be a real case of Levy does this on purpose, e.g. goes for unobtainable players to create the illusion that we are ambitious to placate the managers and the fans alike) and that IF it is true how karma has bitten him on the arse for all the bricky moves he pulls on other clubs. Almost every club that seems to deal with us, moans about our behaviour.

agreed. this didnt need to come out..clearly someone thought that the situation to obtain a player crucial to as system going tits up needed to be explained...and the back lash on that needs tempering

We only have ourselves to blame why did we wait until deadline day to enter serious talks with Porto?

How is that different to what I said?

According to the above story it came down to silly little details

No it doesn't, the article said

"contractual documents they provided to the Premier League contained errors that could not be rectified in time to complete the transfer"

it doesn't say anything about what kind of errors they were.

Have you ever negotiated a big contract? The details are important.

No it doesn't, the article said

"contractual documents they provided to the Premier League contained errors that could not be rectified in time to complete the transfer"

it doesn't say anything about what kind of errors they were.

Have you ever negotiated a big contract? The details are important.

And my comment was t-i-c guess on the kind of error it was. I even added a smiley at the end

I have never negotiatied contracts on professional footballers - would hazard a guess and say no one regular on here has. In my line of work we do building contracts mostly which I would imagine are a tad more complex but I still don't see how personal experience comes into this. It was a mere guess - nothing more or less - as explained further back in my reply to Spursalot

I'd laugh if we got a deal agreed for him to join in January and in the mean time AVB gets the sack.

Duncan Caste has really good sources, been following him for quite some time on twitter, usually speaks the 100% truth

Duncan Caste has really good sources, been following him for quite some time on twitter, usually speaks the 100% truth

If by 100% correct you mean what he has been told then sure.

But you can't guarantee he hasn't been told what would make us look better.

Back