• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I like the fact he can score some goals aswell. Always a bonus. You need players who can strike a ball especially if you play with just one striker.

I agree with this but who is going to be the first of us to jinx him by picking him in their fantasy team?

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Barcelona had a total deal with Tottenham on the loan of Ibrahim Afellay, but the player has now asked to join German club Schalke. [terra]

As reliable as Agent ITK@

so where are the youtube compilations ?

I like the fact he can score some goals aswell. Always a bonus. You need players who can strike a ball especially if you play with just one striker.
Must say mate.... Love the avatar! Lloris is a rather handsome man! Hopefully he'll be in-between the sticks at the Lane :). Especially seeing he may be having his medical tomorrow.... Would be great :)

can this Willian cover the CF position if necessary ?

thinking we may hold off on a forward until Jan, when the Brazilian season ends :-"

Not in my opinion, not as a lone front man. Sitting behind the striker in front of two deeper midfielders or playing off the left or right, but not as a CF.

Wed - Dembélé
Thur - LLoris
Friday - Willian & Afellay (loan)

Happy days..

Edit: To late

Weird time to have a medical isn't it? Would think that if he's having a medical he's agreed the move. Why not wait until tommorow morning?

Does he have to be registered by tomorrow to play on Saturday maybe ?

So we know we'll make at least one last minute signing who then won't be eligible to play against Norwich :(

Problem with the transfer deadline falling after the registration deadline.

I'm hearing all the Lloris, Dembele, Willian etc talk, which is very exciting -- but I think it is essential we get a forward who can stick the ball in the net ( a lot).

We've already demonstrated we can pass the ball around nicely on Saturday. But I'm not confident that Defoe is going to score anything like enough goals, and I reckon Ade will be in the African Nations.

Having said that, maybe AVB is trying to set the team up so Defoe can just be a greedy striker in the box. That might work.

Last season only 6 players completed more passes, or had a higher %, one or the other. He's obviously not Modric level in that respect but he's not bad.

Fair enough, cheers. Does he sit back as much as modric and dictate or is more of a pusher (from what I've seen I'd say pusher but, once again I haven't watched him specifically too much tbh). Didn't he also have one of the highest tackling success rates from last season?

Dembele
Lloris
Hmmm who else could we sign? :-k

I'm hearing all the Lloris, Dembele, Willian etc talk, which is very exciting -- but I think it is essential we get a forward who can stick the ball in the net ( a lot).

We've already demonstrated we can pass the ball around nicely on Saturday. But I'm not confident that Defoe is going to score anything like enough goals, and I reckon Ade will be in the African Nations.

Having said that, maybe AVB is trying to set the team up so Defoe can just be a greedy striker in the box. That might work.

I agree with this. Really do think we need to add strength up front. But may be very difficult to do with so many deals going on, but based on reports Inter turned down another bid for Leandro it does look like we have been trying at least.

I see the £350,000 SLR that Gallas owns broke down on SSN

Does he have to be registered by tomorrow to play on Saturday maybe ?
IRC.... The registration deadline for Saturdays game is Friday mid-day... I think it is more likely to get him in quick and get him with the squad to build a rapport, or just to make sure no-one else gets him!

Back