• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely it's gonna get so big eventually that it will start weighing him down and affecting his pace :-"

It's all part of avb's revolutionary new tactics. Thudd will grow an afro so big you can cut a football sized nest in the middle into which our players can lob the ball. I Thudd will then walk from down field and and stick it in the back of the net. He'll be our new goalscoring sensation!!

Keane - Crouch - Pavluchenko

Modric - Huddlestone - Krancjar

Rose - Bassong - Dawson - Corluca

Alnwick

Not to far away from what got us cl a few seasons ago...

just stuck it on..saying with harry they were super fit and did loads and loads of running..avb is more technical, hardly any running and just ball skills

Super fit under Harry, I really disagree, if thats the case why did we run out of steam the past 2 seasons after xmas

Also players were saying under Harry, pre-season was one run around session at most, under AVb it was 3 sessions a day

I would assume they're not standing still while practising with the ball. They'll be fit even if they don't go on 10 mile runs every day.

I don't know what Bassong has said so I won't comment on that but you are right in terms of fitness. If anyone on here plays football they'll know that you can do 50km running a week training then get on a football pitch for the first time in ages and be completely knackered. It is a different kind of fitness, and thus just because Harry had them running a lot doesn't mean they were any sharper than under AVB. Indeed the more ball work should increase sharpness and also enhance efficiency in how it is used and how we defend when we don't have the ball.

It's all part of avb's revolutionary new tactics. Thudd will grow an afro so big you can cut a football sized nest in the middle into which our players can lob the ball. I Thudd will then walk from down field and and stick it in the back of the net. He'll be our new goalscoring sensation!!

Im sure that would be illegal dude! its like the Harry enfield sketch from the 50s when the footballer puts glue on his boot and the ball sticks to his foot and he runs into the goal!

"I couldn't see the ball, and so I had no choice but to give United the goal when it apeared in the Tottenham goal" : Howard Webb...

Which one was that we have gotten fudged over so many times against United they all run together. Clearly Mendes one was the worst that ball almost hit the back of the net

Which one was that we have gotten fudged over so many times against United they all run together. Clearly Mendes one was the worst that ball almost hit the back of the net

Can we stop talking about this, I saw this the other week on ESPN greats when they were doing Schmeichel and how the keepers in between him and Van Der Sar were all brick! They showed Carroll pulling the ball 700 yards past the line and then sheepishly looking at the lino and carrying on. It still pains me so much.

Back