• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So it only took us 3 months to get a player that we clearly wanted, his club wanted to get rid of and he clearly wanted to come. Shouldn't be a problem to sign the absolute essentials of another striker, a winger and a replacement for Modric within 10 days then!

So it only took us 3 months to get a player that we clearly wanted, his club wanted to get rid of and he clearly wanted to come. Shouldn't be a problem to sign the absolute essentials of another striker, a winger and a replacement for Modric within 10 days then!

:(

I find it funny that the anything 'Official' to do with Spurs has said 'more to come soon!' in a transfer update. That is waaaaaaay out of character. Pretty much confirming someone else pretty noteworthy should be coming very soon.

Everyone's seems obsessed re: high line as AVB's only formation and supposedly how Dawson will not fit into it. I'm sorry but 1 tactic will not win anything. The key to winning things in this league is mixing it up a bit not slavishly following a tactic. It won AVB nothing at Chelsea. Posters happy to get rid of Dawson, Club captain, England centreback more proven than Kaboul, Vertongen and Caulker put together. AVB imho will be making a big mistake. That's not nostalgia that is common sense.

How did it work at Porto? And do Barca play one way? Seems to work for them?

This is from Globo Esporte, translated via Google:

Officers Tottenham come to Porto Alegre for new vested in Damiao
English club dreams of counting the goals from striker colorado later this transfer window

Leandro Damiao is under the focus of Tottenham. In Porto Alegre, the English club representatives promise a final bid for Inter striker. The goal is to close the still hiring for the current transfer window, which closes on August 31.

Representatives from the English club has a meeting scheduled with the board of the Inter on the afternoon of Tuesday. It would be the "largest transaction in the history of English club," as revealed by a source close to the athlete GLOBOESPORTE.COM.

It will be the third time that Tottenham will officially invested by Damiao. The first, held in 2010, was rejected by Inter. The proposal was 12 million euros ($ 29 million). Amid the negotiations, the British sent representatives to negotiate different, as a strategy to force out player after negative red. In the middle of 2011, the numbers grew and reached 18 million euros ($ 44 million). The offer was also refused by the dome colorada.

The posture of the Inter continues unchanged when the agenda is Leandro Damiao. The club does not intend to sell the center forward, unless the values ​​are considered "extraordinary." In the early afternoon of Tuesday, the president Giovanni Luigi denied meeting with agents at Tottenham player. However, he admitted that the 9 shirt is the target of harassment strong.

- It has no leader Tottenham here. Nothing marked. What has emerged are businessmen. The scorer Damiao was the Olympics. Has appeared entrepreneur, companies interested in playing the negotiation. I have no hours with Tottenham - Luigi stressed. - The Inter wants to stay with Damiao. It would only be a deal if extraordinary.

The week will be decisive for the striker. Gunner Olympics with six goals, Damiao is more valued than ever. Therefore, chances are good business out.

Damiao made only minor races early on Tuesday, after returning to the team in the 1-1 draw with the Portuguese. There was talk of about 10 minutes with the vice football Luciano and David, after work, sat on the lawn watching other athletes train conclusions on goal.

The center will be the holder of the Gre-Nal Sunday. Coach Fernandão start earning options for splitting the offensive sector with Damian. Apart from Rafael Moura and Forlán, Dagoberto trained with the group on Tuesday and should be at least on the bench in the Classic next Sunday.

----------------
No idea what their source is, don't see us breaking the bank, especially before Modric moves.

I love Dawson he is committed to the team and a whole hearted player BUT how often did I read on this site over the last three seasons he only plays well next to an experienced player ie King or Gallas. If we get an acceptable offer for a player AVB deems surplus to requirements so be it. Do you think Dawson at 28 wants to be fifth choice? Good move for him IMHO.

I find it funny that the anything 'Official' to do with Spurs has said 'more to come soon!' in a transfer update. That is waaaaaaay out of character. Pretty much confirming someone else pretty noteworthy should be coming very soon.

I think that bit was in reference to details on Ade's deal:

@SpursOfficial said:
Read more about the deal to bring @Sheyiadebayor back to the Club: http://bit.ly/Pu977T - Welcome back Ade! #COYS

In interviews the other week Huddlestone basically said his ankle would never be right and would need to be "managed" (ala Ledley?) but he thought he should be able to play regularly.

Given that he hasnt played for a full year, and there are perhaps question marks about the durability of the ankle would it not make sense to loan him? Until Jan at least?

That said I can well imagine AVB just doesnt see him fitting into his high line/high pressing game.

even thinking about this thing logically it doesnt make sense at all to me

if there are questions about his ankle and you want him in your plans..dont you test him out under your own roof? it makes no sense at all to send someone thats firmly in your plans away on loan. if you are sending him on loan your basically saying he can play. why not play for you that guy that has him in the plans.....

do you have a link to any of his interviews where he said that his ankle would never be right again. i want to see if i can get the tone of the article

it doesnt make sense to me at all

eh?

EDA = ADE

Anyway if we sell Dawson it will be Gallas, Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker for the season which is fine imo. Selling Jenas and letting Huddlestone go is also fine with me but is Luka replacement, Sandro, Parker, and Livermore enough for the season? i'm leaning towards no.

nowhere near enough creativity.

i'll be so sad if we sell Hudd. got a lot to offer us.

even thinking about this thing logically it doesnt make sense at all to me

if there are questions about his ankle and you want him in your plans..dont you test him out under your own roof? it makes no sense at all to send someone thats firmly in your plans away on loan. if you are sending him on loan your basically saying he can play. why not play for you that guy that has him in the plans.....

do you have a link to any of his interviews where he said that his ankle would never be right again. i want to see if i can get the tone of the article

it doesnt make sense to me at all

Not to hand, google it - shouldnt be hard to find. The tone was generally positive, "should" be ok but would need to be managed.

Given his tendency to break down over the last couple of seasons perhaps we want to see if he really is up to it? What better way than not having him cost you a squad place and letting someone else take the risk?

If by Jan he is going great guns then fantastic, bring him back. If he has broken down again then theres our answer, and we didnt get hit with the lost squad place...

How did it work at Porto? And do Barca play one way? Seems to work for them?

Portugal's league not as tactically advanced or varieed as PL. As for Barca - great players help with this formation and when teams such as chelsea developed an answer to their way of playing they had no "plan B."

Back