• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Drake [z0la25™]CFC ‏@AllisterDrake
Close friend of Edin Dzeko says that pending Aguero injury news, will join Spurs on Wednesday signing a £4.3m a year deal. #MCFC#THFC

I quite understand that but ask again - why would have those other deals been any different?

You generally get a higher transfer fee if you accept the payment over a longer period. Exceptions will include clubs with an immediate need for cash, who will accept a lower transfer fee in exchange for an upfront payment, or clubs that don't need or want to sell, who can demand more stringent conditions.

Hudd and Daws both not selected for the squad on Sat. AVB doesnt think Hudd is fit enough, hasnt had many minutes pre season but that is up to Andre, and Daws simply didn't make the squad.

POTL

The Daws thing is definitely believeable - quite likely that Gallas, Vert, Caulker and Kaboul would have all been ahead of him

The Thudd thing was curious over pre-season particuarly given we didnt have Parker, Sandro or MOdric. AVB could have got Thudd more match time if he had wanted to. I hope he doesnt leave as he's different to what we have however with any new manager at any club there's always one or two which doesnt fit in

Close friend of Edin Dzeko says that pending Aguero injury news, will join Spurs on Wednesday signing a £4.3m a year deal. #MCFC#THFC

Would quite like that. Cant see us getting anyone better than Dzeko

You generally get a higher transfer fee if you accept the payment over a longer period. Exceptions will include clubs with an immediate need for cash, who will accept a lower transfer fee in exchange for an upfront payment, or clubs that don't need or want to sell, who can demand more stringent conditions.

That still doesn't answer my initial question, but fair enough

Hudd and Daws both not selected for the squad on Sat. AVB doesnt think Hudd is fit enough, hasnt had many minutes pre season but that is up to Andre, and Daws simply didn't make the squad.

POTL

Thanks for that Prick of the Lane. Especially the Daws didnt make the squad bit, really dont know how you got that information. prick

Really?

I think he's a Vauxhall Corsa in a Renault 5 GT Turbo body kit.

really, you seen a lot of City games last season where he was pants?

He had an awful first season, nothing short of a huge flop but last season scored 14 goals in 28 games, and was frequently used as a sub in these games. Not a bad stat, and would be immense in AVB´s system

The key line here is 'pending Aguero injury'. Could have easily read 'my get out clause is the Ageuro injury'.

But you suggeted Modric's fee would be cash in hand

Why wouldn't have those other ones been the same?

I put forward the consideration the hold up with Modrics deal might be unusual demands on the up front element - allowing us to perform some "unusual" business of our own.

I dont know if its true, its a hypothesis.

Berbatov/Keane - who knows? Im sure there are posters on here close enough to the accounts to confirm one way or the other.

Well it seems like the Aguero injury isn't as bad as first seemed according to his own twitter account so this one will come out in the wash sooner rather than later

FourFourTweet ‏@FourFourTweet
Interesting news from The Times this morning, Lazio have rejected a bid from Spurs for Hernanes- a Brazilian playmaker #THFC

@gstobart: A thought: would Spurs be childish enough in the Modric negotiations to try and stop Real Madrid from giving Sahin to their biggest rivals?

Ps I'm loving all the "should complete their transfer within the next week" that we always see added to the itk stuff when there's not gonna be any chance it'll go through AFTER this week!!

Back