• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.calciomercato.com/news/tottenham-e-fatta-per-m-vila-859519

Translated:

Yohann M'Vila will shortly become a player of Tottenham. The deal, in fact, is in its final stages, as confirmed also the sports director of Rennes, French club membership M'Vila: "Yes, we are dealing with Tottenham - his words to calciomercato.com - offering is still a bit 'low, but we are confident. "

In short, closing the deal seems a done deal. The request of Rennes, 20 million euros, slightly away from the offering on Tottenham, still only at 15. But contacts are continuing, and now seems to be the serene horizon. The player, 22, is one of the most interesting prospects of the French scene.

Question marks over it considering that they called him Yohann, but still interesting.

It really baffles me though. We sell Modric and let his perfect replacement in Sahin go to Arsenal, whereas they sell Song and let his perfect replacement M'Vila go to us!

I don't think those bids were propaganda to be honest, but if you genuinely belive that (even the other club's chairmen confirmed it) - well, let's leave it at that. A lot of clubs wouls conisder selling at 30m, btw

Hell, let's take it back further - 50m from Berba and Keane reinvested into what exactly?

But even if we assume some of the above to be true (from your comment) - do you really believe we'd blow 30m on a player with all those things considered?

We have money (imv) but are probably saving for other things - presumably (hopefully!) the stadium.

At the 11th hour on deadline day? I dont think they were ever going to happen and I do think it was just power plays by the club, propaganda as you say.

Regardless, to advance on that point - even if they were genuine I dont believe the logical conclusion is that we had £30m in the bank. More likely we had open lines of credit to get the funds.

However, if we took £30m cash up front for Modric, well thats actually cash in hand - an entirely different scenario IMO

However, if we took £30m cash up front for Modric, well thats actually cash in hand - an entirely different scenario IMO

We had over 50m cash in hand from Berba and Keane and over 25m last summer after Palacios, Crouch, Hutton, Keane, etc. all left.

For me the precedent is a telling one - all into the savings account by the looks of things. Or Joe's yacht according to Bale.

We had over 50m cash in hand from Berba and Keane and over 25m last summer after Palacios, Crouch, Hutton, Keane, etc. all left.

For me the precedent is a telling one - all into the savings account by the looks of things. Or Joe's yacht according to Bale.

We spent a lot in the summer of 2008 as well so we roughly broke even. Then we spent a brickload on sacking Ramos, Comolli and Poyet before signing first Redknapp, then Defoe, Keane and Palacios. Don't think we made much profit that year.

But you suggeted Modric's fee would be cash in hand

Why wouldn't have those other ones been the same?

He is suggesting that would be a special requirement for us agreeing the deal.

My understanding that international deals are typically paid in installments. For instance, Modric was announced as a €21m deal with payments over four years. When United sold Ronaldo they made a big deal of the fact than Madrid were paying the £80m in one sum up front and that this was unusual.

He is suggesting that would be a special requirement for us agreeing the deal.

My understanding that international deals are typically paid in installments. For instance, Modric was announced as a €21m deal with payments over four years. When United sold Ronaldo they made a big deal of the fact than Madrid were paying the £80m in one sum up front.

I quite understand that but ask again - why would have those other deals been any different?

you think we will bring in modric replacement cant believe we aint got rid of deadwood #hurryupdeadlineday
The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
Yes

And next a couple of interesting tweets re Sahin.....

Bet Levy is tinkled at RM offloading Sahin to the scum#movethosegoalpostslevy
Is that official? That he has gone there?

Not official official but BBC have jumped on the bandwagon, BBC aren't infallible but they get the scum news almost always spoton
RM have been a little bit deceitful then ! Thats it, lets keep Luka!!

Then...

2 players in by WBA? Optimistic, likely?
Probably just 1.

Next couple of posts re Adam Johnson...
any truth in Adam Johnson?
Any truth in AJ wanting to leave to play football yes. Any truth abt 10 clubs asked abt him yes. Are we 1 of those, yes.

will it happen? Doubtful.

fair enough, cheers. Would be a great signing though for £10 mil but a winger isn't our priority at the moment any word on A GK?
If you think its 10m you need to keep going! 7-10m its a borderline good deal. its nowhere near that currently!

And in reference to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang...

AVB likes him

I imagine you think a deal is progressing then, will try and gain some more info on it tomorrow. He would fit AVB's system well!
No it isnt but AVB does like him.

And just to put everyones mind at ease re Chamakh...

HA HA its total gonad*s I think someone is abusing their journalistic priviledge and showing their true team colours.

Next up.....

is Adebayor the 1 player in this week captain?
yes

Who: The Goat
When: 20th August
Where SC

The Goat hears that our stance on Modric has not changed and that rumours saying we have moved the goalposts are false.

Who: Alex
When: 19th August
Where: FTL

Topic: Hudds been told we want to send him on loan

Aint gona mug the person off who told me, but its from a good source.

Who: Alex
When: 19th August
Where: FTL

Topic: Hudds been told we want to send him on loan

Aint gona mug the person off who told me, but its from a good source.

Hope that's not true. Currently he's our one player with any form of creativity in the centre of midfield....

Hudd and Daws both not selected for the squad on Sat. AVB doesnt think Hudd is fit enough, hasnt had many minutes pre season but that is up to Andre, and Daws simply didn't make the squad.

POTL

Back