• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted to say I'd like Kuyt but thought I'd be laughed off the board. He could do a job for us.

Who is worth to follow on twitter for transfer news?
Guillem Balague seemed to be OK with spanish news but who else is known as reliable?

He's 32 in July, mate - zero re-sale

No way would Levy entertain that

Fair comment although someone quoting 1m or 2m is just ridiculous to my mind. I think then given his age, I thought he had just turned 31, that 5m wouldn't be a bad buy.

Fair comment although someone quoting 1m or 2m is just ridiculous to my mind. I think then given his age, I thought he had just turned 31, that 5m wouldn't be a bad buy.

32 when we kick off next game, one year left on his Liverpool contract, on 80k a week.
Liverpool have more or less said he can leave. Perhaps they wouldn't like to sell to us as we're a rival, but they aren't expecting much money back.

Isn't there a clause in his contract that he can leave to any team abroad for ?ú1 million?

Can't see him being in the Premiership next season

If he was serious about leaving I would definitely be interested in us signing Dirk Kuyt and play him in his natural position up top. Seems a bit unhappy at Liverpool, I wonder what an acceptable offer would be for him? ?ú8m?

Kuyt is a decent enough player who I think has been played out of position for years (another discussion) and who works his socks off, chipping in with the odd important goal. I wouldn't be adverse to signing him but would he improve us? I don't think so, not our first eleven anyway.

I think if we bought Kuyt in as the Saha replacement it would be good business to my mind, all personal opinion of course.

NZonzi is a very good shout....that lad has a bright future. I like it.

actually, i agree also with Olsson and Hoilett too, even though i still am not sure about having a player with a name sounding like toilet

the problem could be that we're hoping these young players come in as back up and do a job, but them not getting regular football will almost certainly be detrimental to their development.

i think, as a club, we're almost past the stage where we can buy promising youngsters as we simply don't have the gaps in our first 11 that we used to.

Apparently Cahill didnt want to join us whereas Jan does. Cahill also knew Chelsea would come in for him with bigger bucks later on as well so held out.

Apparently Cahill didnt want to join us whereas Jan does. Cahill also knew Chelsea would come in for him with bigger bucks later on as well so held out.

Wasn't it also that we couldn't agree a fee with Bolton? We must try and knock Ajax down by that last ?ú10. And if they won't budge and he goes to Arsenal for a tenner more than we are willing to pay for him? Oh well.....

Back