• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Do you think we'll keep Toby though, or keep Dembele and him be reliably fit?

Who knows? I tend to subscribe to the view that we need a couple of players, and then we need to replace those like Dembele/Alderweirel should they actually leave.

Dembele looked the fittest I can remember last season playing two games a week something we never thought he would do again.

I googled Dembele injury 2017 and other than the start of the season he was fit.

*this was returned in the google https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ttino-barcelona-defeat-friendly-a8468526.html - one Mousa as good as another.

One thing with him though is he does seem to take time to get up to speed, doesnt he?

I think we will need to add in central midfield even if dembele stays, as Wanyama and Winks are both still suffering with injuries picked up over a year ago, which sadly really does not bode well for them - fortunately Winks has time on his side, but it's looking like we really cannot rely on them fully this season.

Dembele himself is not the most reliable with his fitness and if he doesn't go this summer he will go next summer anyway.

That just leaves Dier who we can really count on.

We shouldn't have to mess around putting onomah, sissoko or eriksen in there.

We will need to bid £67.5m for N'Dombele and I would suggest we do it soon i.e. Now!

Last edited:
TOP DOG
Tottenham transfer news: Mauricio Pochettino set to bid for £72m-rated Valencia ace Geoffrey Kondogbia with ‘talks ongoing’
The La Liga side activated his £22million release clause from Inter Milan after starring on loan under Marcelino last season

GOSSIP
By Steve Goodman
30th July 2018, 2:18 pm
Updated: 30th July 2018, 2:24 pm

TOTTENHAM are bidding to sign Valencia midfield powerhouse Geoffrey Kondogbia.

The France international shone last season for the Spaniards while on loan from Inter Milan.

Valencia recently triggered Kondogbia's £22million release clause to tie him down until 2022.

But well-respected sources in France claim this has not prevented Spurs from making an approach for the 25-year-old.

White Hart Lane officials are said to have opened talks with the five-cap defensive midfielder, according to France Football.

Liverpool have also been credited with an interest in him.

Kondogbia's box-to-box style would make him a natural replacement for Mousa Dembele, with the 31-year-old Belgium ace tipped to leave north London this summer.

Born in the Paris suburbs to parents from central Africa, the versatile Kondogbia can also operate at left-back or as a central defender.

He began his senior career with Lens, then played for Sevilla and Monaco before Inter paid £32m for him in 2015.

The midfielder's career stalled after two years at the San Siro, but he recaptured his best form with Valencia - making 30 appearances to help the La Liga side win a Champions League place.

Would appear Valencia had him on loan and then picked him up for £22m, maybe could be tempted to make a quick profit?

One thing with him though is he does seem to take time to get up to speed, doesnt he?

Yep looked terrible in the WC, if we are talking about next season out of Dembele and all the alternatives I would want Dembele we are not getting £30M+ for him that was once rumoured and he will go for £15M at most so keep him for the year and let him fly to China next summer (seems most likely).

Going to have to start spending money next year I think, the squad will need a refresh.

( although, I think we will buy a few before the end of the window based on nothing).

Yep looked terrible in the WC, if we are talking about next season out of Dembele and all the alternatives I would want Dembele we are not getting £30M+ for him that was once rumoured and he will go for £15M at most so keep him for the year and let him fly to China next summer (seems most likely).

Going to have to start spending money next year I think, the squad will need a refresh.

( although, I think we will buy a few before the end of the window based on nothing).

Im fairly in favour of him going this year. I particularly liked the link with Milan, I think it would suit him.

IMHO he is so unique, we need to learn to live without him - and to carry on from now while his powers wane will not be a good move for us.

Equally, Serie A knows how to look after older players, he will get a few years at the top (relative) level out there, especially compared to here.

MARNEY MOVES TO FLEETWOOD

Fleetwood Town have completed the signing of former Burnley midfielder Dean Marney.

The experienced 34-year-old, who was released by the Clarets at the end of last season, has signed a two-year contract at Highbury.

The move sees Marney reunite with for Burnley team-mate Joey Barton, who it embarking on his first season in management with the Sky Bet League One club.

Things that make me feel old...

...I still remember his debut, and in my mind he must only be mid-20s

Keeping Dembele will be like a new signing
Keeping Toby will be like a new signing
Moura with a pre Season will be like a new signing
Lorente with a pre Season will be like a new signing
The new Stadium will be like a new signing
Winks coming back from injury will be like a new signing

I think I have them covered.
Lamela's third year as a new signing?
Harry showing up in August would be like a new signing
Son coming back from the Asian games will be like a new signing
Rose trying to reclaim his spot will be like a new signing.

My word, this is getting expensive! We're signing new players, spending money left, right and centre!

Lamela's third year as a new signing?
Harry showing up in August would be like a new signing
Son coming back from the Asian games will be like a new signing
Rose trying to reclaim his spot will be like a new signing.

My word, this is getting expensive! We're signing new players, spending money left, right and centre!

When and how long is Son away?

Plenty of people were saying this when it was announced, goes down as by design rather than unexpected imo.

Whose interests does it serve? Seems to be working out okay for the hubcap aficionados and Woolwich, but I don't see how that would have been designed in for them.

Whose interests does it serve? Seems to be working out okay for the hubcap aficionados and Woolwich, but I don't see how that would have been designed in for them.
Those who wanted the window closed by the start of the season - not any dodgy motivation just for them this trumped all the negatives of doing it in a WC year, no conspiracy just lethargy.

Back