• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Defour

Cochise

Steve Carr
**** me if we really buy another midfielder this month.

LB and Striker, repeat after me ... LB and Striker

I've only seen him a couple of times over the years nowhere near enough to judge but I know he was considered a talent whilst he was still in Belgium. From what I do remember he's got energy and works hard, likes to get on the ball and dictate but he's not the biggest or strongest.

Spurs are probably just being used to kick off bids on the player like so many agents seem to do as he's desperate to get out of Porto after dropping down the pecking order.

With Bentaleb on our books and Carroll hopefully returning next season, we're covered when it comes to thin, tenacious yet composed midfielders. I fail to see what Defour offers that's worth stunting the progress of those two for.

Might be a pipe dream, but long-term (if Bentaleb and Carroll continue to impress, of course) I'd like to see a midfield of three that looks like this:

---------------Sandro/Dembele---------------

----Carroll/Bentaleb----------Eriksen/Paulinho

Ergo, I don't think spending 10 million plus on Defour is a good idea.

This is so bizarre. We don't midfielders. We have so many we're selling a few. We need a left back as we only have one who isn't great. And we need a striker as we're selling one of the very few we have... This seems to be the same problem for how many windows now!?!??!?!

Back