• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Caulker is what 21? he will need years of playing time to get to King/Gallas level.

He is playing in a PL team, every game with a good style of football (posession/passing, no panic, no hoofing).

If we are confident that we can get one more year out of Gallas, with Kaboul/Dawson starting next season fit and King/RN as cover, why would we recall him? for cup games?

I would agree to loan him out again.

Another half season at the Swans will do him the world of good and extend it to a full season if he's not required.

Can the terms of loan be set that you can recall the player at any time?

Yes Caulker is ready. The thing that strikes me is that caulker is more like King - he watches and anticipates the play more than just reacting to it. Very cool headed for a 20 year old, much more level headed than Kaboul or Dawson. He should be eased into the squad next season with the goal of making him a regular starter by the end of it, in place of Nelsen/King/Gallas, the group of them i expect to be besieged with injury problems 12 months on.

Swansea is the perfect club for him right now as they like to pass the ball and not hoof it at every opportunity. A full season there is much better than the odd appearance for Spurs. We should send him out again as long as he isn't going to be first choice for us.

Spurs would be the best club for him. Keep him around.

There's absolutely no point in going and throwing money on someone like vertonghen who may not adapt to the Premier League style of play when we have someone who is probably just as good with a years premiership experience.

He will learn more accompanied by an older head. Play him alongside king/Gallas and tbh i'd love to see him start a partnership with Kaboul.

People say he might make mistakes, yes he might. But pretty much every defender makes mistakes when he's not used to his partner. They need understanding and the best way they will ever get that will be by playing with them.

Watching him right now and can say he currently looks better then Dawson in my mind. (and no, i'm not insinuating Dawson is crap)

Please tell me what Vertonghen has done to impress you? I do not think he is all that. I am not even sue he is faster than Dawson

He is class, a ball playing CB would can bring the ball out of defense, he is good in the air and his reading of the game is very good as well. He can also play LB so is the ideal back up ( if needed) for Benny, he is only 24 and and will get even better then he is now.

He is not the quickest player but he would leave Dawson for dead on pace.

He is class, a ball playing CB would can bring the ball out of defense, he is good in the air and his reading of the game is very good as well. He can also play LB so is the ideal back up ( if needed) for Benny, he is only 24 and and will get even better then he is now.

He is not the quickest player but he would leave Dawson for dead on pace.

So pretty much like Caulker, but can also play LB?

If Naughton is back next year he can be LB or RB back up.

So pretty much like Caulker, but can also play LB?

If Naughton is back next year he can be LB or RB back up.

As i have said earlier my hope is that our 4 CB's next year will be Kaboul, Veronghen, Dawson and Caulker, so we can have both.

As i have said earlier my hope is that our 4 CB's next year will be Kaboul, Veronghen, Dawson and Caulker, so we can have both.

You can't be serious about ditching King, Gallas and Nelson this summer. King still has something to offer as does Gallas.

I'd keep Caulker at Swansea for one more season and save the money on Verongen.

King, Kaboul, Gallas and Dawson is fine for now. Nelson as a squad player if needed and recall Caulker if required.

You can't be serious about ditching King, Gallas and Nelson this summer. King still has something to offer as does Gallas.

I'd keep Caulker at Swansea for one more season and save the money on Verongen.

King, Kaboul, Gallas and Dawson is fine for now. Nelson as a squad player if needed and recall Caulker if required.

I like everyone else love King but the truth is that his injurys are catching up with him, for his own sake he needs to either move onto the coaching side or retire. We have struggled through for ages with two injury prone players ( King and Gallas) and even Dawson has been missing through injury on more then one occasion.

We need to establish a constant partnership at CB for the good of the team, and that is not going to happen if we persist in playing King and Gallas.

If we've had a problem this year it's been an unsettled defence, this weekend, two games, two different line ups.
I want to see a pairing next season played together every game if they're fit.
Last year we were having the same discussions on whether Walker was ready.
This year we have two players in the same position, Caulker and Naughton have had brilliant PL seasons and should both feature for Spurs next season.

Would caulker be classed as an academy player?

I know it sounds like a daft question so bare with me.

But last season for a europa league game i seem to remember that bostock could not play as he was not classed as an academy player because he had spent to much time away from the club on loan in the last 2 seasons.

Well caulker has spent even more time away having been on full season loans. Obviously we brought bostock and caulker came through the youth team but im not sure if that matters.

Anyone that can spread some light on that would be appreciated. May have a relevance for us in the europa league this season.

I think you mean youth player, rather than acadamy? I think Bostock missed out as during his time with us since 2008 he hasn't clocked up the necessary 36 months to figure as a young Spurs player due to all his loan time. I'm probably wrong but I think Caulker would be OK as he has been with us for more than 36 months before his loan periods even started? I think it's a cumulative thing, rather than concurrent.

I think you mean youth player, rather than acadamy? I think Bostock missed out as during his time with us since 2008 he hasn't clocked up the necessary 36 months to figure as a young Spurs player due to all his loan time. I'm probably wrong but I think Caulker would be OK as he has been with us for more than 36 months before his loan periods even started? I think it's a cumulative thing, rather than concurrent.

Thank you, that makes more sense.

To be on "List B" for Europe, the requirement is to have been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday.

Caulker went to Yeovil on loan in August 2009. He hasn't had an uninterrupted period of two years with Spurs since then. I believe he joined Spurs in 2007, when he would have been 15, but it depends if that was before or after August 2007 as to whether he would have fitted the two years in before he went to Yeovil.

To be on "List B" for Europe, the requirement is to have been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday.

Caulker went to Yeovil on loan in August 2009. He hasn't had an uninterrupted period of two years with Spurs since then. I believe he joined Spurs in 2007, when he would have been 15, but it depends if that was before or after August 2007 as to whether he would have fitted the two years in before he went to Yeovil.

now im confused...

I actually thought this was the case but the news reports from the time are saying something about 36 months. I reckon you're probably right though as I remember this being talked about in the past on here.

Regards to Caulker though, I thought he'd been here for quite a young age, just "joined" the year 1 academy at 15/16?

Back