• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Fantastic moment. Shrugs off Jimenez, keeps his balance and composed enough to find that sublime piece of skill, all done right next to the touchline with very little space to work in.

Can't really believe that people aren't more excited by his performance yesterday.

People make up their minds and that's it, Bergwijn & Lucas have been mentally discarded by lots a long time ago.

I'm more interested to see him play with an actual striker in the lineup.

People make up their minds and that's it, Bergwijn & Lucas have been mentally discarded by lots a long time ago.

I'm more interested to see him play with an actual striker in the lineup.
Was only for a short time and at a point when we were trying to see the game out, but him and Kane seemed to be working well together imo.

His role last season was a very different one to what he's being asked to do now. That versatility will serve him well.

Will have to start producing end product at some point, I just think it's still early given as he was almost playing as a second full back at times last season (I know that's an exaggeration, but I think the point stands).

Came very close to an assist for Dele. Good shot for the chance late on and again could have had an assist leaving it nicely for Son in the same move. May have been others too. Given how little service we provided to the front men that's not a bad showing at all.

Was only for a short time and at a point when we were trying to see the game out, but him and Kane seemed to be working well together imo.

His role last season was a very different one to what he's being asked to do now. That versatility will serve him well.

Will have to start producing end product at some point, I just think it's still early given as he was almost playing as a second full back at times last season (I know that's an exaggeration, but I think the point stands).

Came very close to an assist for Dele. Good shot for the chance late on and again could have had an assist leaving it nicely for Son in the same move. May have been others too. Given how little service we provided to the front men that's not a bad showing at all.

We have had two really tough games to open.

Hopefully we get to see him with Kane, against a team where we have possession and see what happens

Lucas starting last night means that Bergwijn starts again against Watford?

If so on form/merit after that Wolverhampton game. Impressed with Bergwijn yesterday too, right into the action showing real quality once he game on. Seems full of confidence.

Still very early this season, but he's looking ready to really take a big step up.

The guy is going to mature into a terror. Excellent feet, excellent work rate. Just needs either more luck on shots or finishing practice. Nuno's formation makes good use of him.

The guy is going to mature into a terror. Excellent feet, excellent work rate. Just needs either more luck on shots or finishing practice. Nuno's formation makes good use of him.
4 goals from an xG of 3.95 so far across all his PL games for us so far

More about the role he has been playing under Mourinho than his finishing imo.

Just two games so it's 100% a useless sample size but his xG and xA numbers are way up so far this season. I see no reason to think they will return to where they were under Mourinho.

I didn’t think Bergwijn had it in him to get to our required level, but I agree he looked much more confident and able last night. Would love him to prove me wrong!

I didn’t think Bergwijn had it in him to get to our required level, but I agree he looked much more confident and able last night. Would love him to prove me wrong!
He looks fitter
A few coaches have commented online on this around him and dele
This is the joy of team not having any intentional tournaments

4 goals from an xG of 3.95 so far across all his PL games for us so far

More about the role he has been playing under Mourinho than his finishing imo.

Just two games so it's 100% a useless sample size but his xG and xA numbers are way up so far this season. I see no reason to think they will return to where they were under Mourinho.
Mourinho had him water carrying most of the time.

Harry and Sonny were the only ones with 'permission' to do anything attacking.

He has the ingredients, hopefully Nuno brings it all together.

Young foreign lad takes at least a year to get comfortable with his new teammates, new league and new country shocker!

Mourinho had him water carrying most of the time.

Harry and Sonny were the only ones with 'permission' to do anything attacking.

He has the ingredients, hopefully Nuno brings it all together.

Yep, and he will benefit from Nuno's -> attackers stay high policy

It was noticeable again (live, not sure you see on tv), when we lost the ball and the opposition went into our third, Kane and Lucas for the most part still stayed high (it's why our transitions and counters look better under Nuno)

Yep, and he will benefit from Nuno's -> attackers stay high policy

It was noticeable again (live, not sure you see on tv), when we lost the ball and the opposition went into our third, Kane and Lucas for the most part still stayed high (it's why our transitions and counters look better under Nuno)
2 or even at times 3 of our attackers staying high up when we defend has been what I've seen against City and Wolves quite a bit of the time at least.

Not sure about the Pacos game. We dominated so much of the time we barely got into an organised defensive setup in our own half.

Quite clear yesterday that he wanted to progress based on the team he sent out and the subs he made.

I think it will be a useful competition for us.

I think so, that said I've never understood the people who don't want us to play in "certain" cups, fudging happy to see Spurs play every game we can.

Back