• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steak

I'm a huge fan of steak but I'm not really going for the peppercorn sauce, it's one of the few food related things that I'm not a fan of.

Rib Eye.

Long term cooked at low, low temperature. Finished off with a blaze on the Weber Grill.

Rare and bloody, please.

If you get a chance in life to eat a decent piece of Wagyu (Kobe) fillet or sirloin then it is not to be missed. I got a call a good while back from a mate who had been part paid in Beef for a job he had done. He'd been given 8 x 1.5 inch thick sirloin steaks and said one was mine if I came over and cooked them at a dinner party. It is actually trickier to cook when that thick due to the way it is marbled. Now at about ?ú50+ a steak even back then who was I too refuse. :lol: Room temp, seasoned initially just with a very lightly mustarded Maldon (the salt..) and then cooked in a hot griddle pan (well three of them) and served medium rare to medium. It was certainly an experience. Loved the quiet and concentration as we all started eating which easily covered the amount of hype we had given the steak. We did a couple of dipping sauces but the beef was that good most just ate it as it came.

As supermarkets go , Sainsburys have recently been producing some excellent matured Sirloin. Not cheap but worth a treat.

Best steak I have ever tasted, anywhere in the world, is in South Africa

the quality of the meat is beyond awesome, and boy do they know how to cook it

Ribe eye for me

(followed by a bottle of statins)

I've been enjoying aged rump quite a bit over the last few months

7-8 mins on very hot coals. Served with cranberry and brie sauce and potato wedges

If anyone is ever up in liverpool there is a cracking Argentinian steam house called 'Meet' on Brunswick St - best steak ive ever had, its also not too pricey.

Going to Hawksmoor on 7th April. Looking forward to it. Best 3 steakhouses I have been to are

1. The Butcher Shop in Nelson Mandela Square, Sandton, Johannesburg. The best steaks by miles. Filet with creamed spinach is excellent
2. Smith & Wollenskys in Chicago. Had the T-Bone when I was there last year. Fantastic
3. LG's in La Quinta near Palm Springs. Also excellent but last itme I went it had dipped a little. Surf and Turf was great 1st time (Filet and Lobster)

Went to the Gaucho in London last year. Utter brick. Everything from the restaurant being so dark you couldn't read the menu through to really bland, uninspiring steaks. Really disappointed.

I'm going to go to Cut at 45 Park Lane in the summer. Hate to say it, but, but best steak I've had was in Vegas.

Since leaving Norway in November I haven't had more than a couple of decent steaks, once in Pokhara, Nepal at this place called Everest Steakhouse and another time at Haven Restaurant in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
In Nepal it cost me about 2.5?ú for a decent sized steak with veggies and fries, could've opted for something more fancy but I'm travelling on a budget, I regret deeply now that I didn't go for one of the others as the most expensive was probably like 15?ú or something. In Cambodia though I went all out and ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, I paid a whooping 7.5$ (I think) for a very good steak with bluecheese sauce.
I also ate myself to death on different kinds of meat in the buffet at Bayioke when we stayed there, had to go straight to bed when we were finished. Have had steaks elsewhere also, but they have either been beaten to death, cooked to death, tasted like brick or had the consistency of a rubber tire.

Living in south Shropshire i am blessed weekly with some of the best steak in the world. Alot of my steak i know where the cow came from etc etc... oh and i love a bit of rib eye no blood in sight.

Back