• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting 11?

Re: New season's best starting 11?

----------------------Lloris----------------------

------------Kaboul---------------Verts------------

Walker----------------------------------------Davies

----------------Sandro------Holtby------------------

Lennon--------------Eriksen----------------Lamela

---------------------Soldado------------------------

Friedel
Naughton:Dawson:Chiriches:Rose
Lennon:paulhino:Dembele:Chadli
Kane:Adebayor

That will give everybody someone to moan at

Lamela??? what has he done in a Spurs shirt?
Holtby??? headless chicken
Sandro??? half the player he once was

Now fully fit Lamela looks a completely different player

Holtby headless chicken? We will agree to disagree because I think he has looked one of our better players in pre season

Sandro, I doubt he was really ever match fit last season considering the number of injuries he picked up

right now, I think the strongest XI (when fully fit) would be:

---------------lloris
walker----kaboul----vert----davies
-----------capoue-----bentaleb
---lamela-------adebayor---eriksen
----------------soldado

---------------Lloris-------------
Walker----Mustacchio --- Vertoghen----Davies
---------Schneiderlin-----Dembele--------------
Lamela-----------Eriksen-----------Depay
---------------Soldado-----------------

Jinxed all those signings, now haven't I?

Now fully fit Lamela looks a completely different player

Holtby headless chicken? We will agree to disagree because I think he has looked one of our better players in pre season

Sandro, I doubt he was really ever match fit last season considering the number of injuries he picked up

He was being facetious to illustrate a point I think

---------Schneiderlin-----Dembele--------------

I'd go with that... maybe Bentaleb/Capoue or Sandro in place of Mousa (although I really like Mousa). I just either want someone who is the absolute best at intercepting and reading the game or someone who can pick a pass or 2. Quick transitions. Get those front four in early and give them a chance to do some damage

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts Davies

Capoue Holtby

Lamela Eriksen Lennon

Soldado​

I really don't see Holtby playing as a CM, especially given just how many options we have there already.

Lloris (c)
Walker - Musacchio - Vertonghen - Rose
Schneiderlin - Capoue
Holtby - Lamela - Eriksen
Soldado

I'd go with that... maybe Bentaleb/Capoue or Sandro in place of Mousa (although I really like Mousa). I just either want someone who is the absolute best at intercepting and reading the game or someone who can pick a pass or 2. Quick transitions. Get those front four in early and give them a chance to do some damage

I'm hoping that Poch can work a bit of magic with Dembele. A noticeable feature of the pre-season games for me was how quick we were releasing the ball. A lot of one or two touch stuff and much less of the head down dribbling. If Dembele can just add this one thing to his game then that combined with his ball retention and ability to glide past a man will make him practically undroppable. Dembele's indecision is something that was not always there looking at early vids of him. In fact I think AVB's 'keep possession at all costs' philosophy has scuppered Dembele development as a player somewhat.

If Dawson does go then for me our captain should be either Lloris or Verts

---------Schneiderlin-----Capoue--------------

This would be amazing. Just switched Capoue for Dembele though.

Lloris (c)
Walker - Musacchio - Vertonghen - Davies
Schneiderlin - Capoue
Lamela - Kane - Eriksen
Adebayor

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm hoping that Poch can work a bit of magic with Dembele. A noticeable feature of the pre-season games for me was how quick we were releasing the ball. A lot of one or two touch stuff and much less of the head down dribbling. If Dembele can just add this one thing to his game then that combined with his ball retention and ability to glide past a man will make him practically undroppable. Dembele's indecision is something that was not always there looking at early vids of him. In fact I think AVB's 'keep possession at all costs' philosophy has scuppered Dembele development as a player somewhat.

It's a big IF. If Dembele could add that to his game he would be one of the most sought after midfielders in the world.

Lloris (c)
Walker - Musacchio - Vertonghen - Davies
Schneiderlin - Capoue
Lamela - Kane - Eriksen
Adebayor

Like that team, but not sure Id have Kane ahead of Lennon in one of those front three positions yet and would prefer Soldado ahead of Ade for now at least...

Lloris (c)
Walker - Musacchio - Vertonghen - Rose
Schneiderlin - Capoue
Holtby - Lamela - Eriksen
Soldado

It's telling that practically no one has the same midfield. This one, or Dembele for Schneiderlin works for me. I like having Dembele providing the option of dribbling into space as well. It can move defences out of position and create space. Lets see what Poch can do in two weeks!!!

It's telling that practically no one has the same midfield. This one, or Dembele for Schneiderlin works for me. I like having Dembele providing the option of dribbling into space as well. It can move defences out of position and create space. Lets see what Poch can do in two weeks!!!

Schneiderlin and Dembele simply wouldn't work for me. I think it's either or between them two and I'd go with Schneiderlin.

Back