• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stadium Thread

MmIcZjA.jpg

What a monstrouserty. Looks like a giant air filter.
Yuk! Makes me appreciate all the more the stadium we are about to build.

That does look like an ugly stadium.

Re prayer rooms - I couldn't care less. So long as I am not required to use it and it doesn't affect the club in anyway why should anyone care. Live and let live.

They've got a severely restricted site. I guess the ugliness is a result of them trying to use as much of it as possible but it looks like it will be a difficult build and planning may be tricky too. Does the club own the pitch now or is that still in separate hands?

They've got a severely restricted site. I guess the ugliness is a result of them trying to use as much of it as possible but it looks like it will be a difficult build and planning may be tricky too. Does the club own the pitch now or is that still in separate hands?

I think Abramovich managed to buy it a couple of years ago much to some supporters chagrin. They felt that the separate ownership prevented the club from ever losing the stadium.

It realy does look like an Air Filter. The design team must have spent a long time coming up with that idea!

I think Abramovich managed to buy it a couple of years ago much to some supporters chagrin. They felt that the separate ownership prevented the club from ever losing the stadium.

It realy does look like an Air Filter. The design team must have spent a long time coming up with that idea!

I remembered him trying dirty tricks to get a controlling interest but I thought that he was rumbled and it failed.

From the look of this it looks like they are still independent (even if their website is a sub-domain of the club site)

https://tinyurl.com/pybsxa6

I remembered him trying dirty tricks to get a controlling interest but I thought that he was rumbled and it failed.

From the look of this it looks like they are still independent (even if their website is a sub-domain of the club site)

https://tinyurl.com/pybsxa6

Interesting! I had no idea as to the ins and outs of that deal. They have effectively guaranteed that Chelsea would play their football at Stamford Bridge for ever. I don't like Ken Bates, but this was a very good idea!

MmIcZjA.jpg

What a monstrouserty. Looks like a giant air filter.

Who's stadium is that? The architect must have decided to be different for the sake of being different... Can't believe that any group of supporters could honestly say they'd love that to be their home for the next 50+ years.

is that matches and lolly sticks?

That's exactly what I said about this Bordeaux one. Though the Bordeaux one almost looks beautiful in comparison to the one above...

bordeauxfutur2.jpg

Who's stadium is that? The architect must have decided to be different for the sake of being different... Can't believe that any group of supporters could honestly say they'd love that to be their home for the next 50+ years.

That's exactly what I said about this Bordeaux one. Though the Bordeaux one almost looks beautiful in comparison to the one above...

bordeauxfutur2.jpg

Chelsea-unveil-new-stadium-plans.jpg

Swiss architects Jacques Herzog and Pierre de Meuron have been commissioned by Blues owner Roman Abramovich to transform the club’s west London ground into a 60,000-seater stadium.

Grenville Fox, from Battersea, called it "iconic" and compared it to the Olympic Bird's Nest stadium in Beijing, which was also designed by Herzog and de Meuron.

Speaking to getwestlondon he said: "I love it, I think it’s great. It’s been presented really well. It’s a nice design that’s taken into consideration a lot of the concerns.

"It’s not boring like Arsenal’s (Emirates) stadium. It has an iconic design a lot like the Bird’s Nest in Beijing.”

Building work is anticipated to take around three years to complete and Chelsea areclose to agreeing a deal to play at Wembley in the interim.

Should the move go ahead, it is anticipated Chelsea would start playing at the home of football from the start of the 2017-18 Premier League campaign.

Chuck Crampton, from Richmond, said of the expansion plans: “It’s very positive, they seem to have thought about most of the elements and the fans and residents. It’s a very unusual design.”

Peter Higgins, also from Richmond, said: “It looks very civic, it’s not just an industrial stadium. This seems to be designed with the community in mind and it has architectural value too.”

Andre Decort, from Knightsbridge, said: “It’s an untypical stadium design but well done given the constraints on space. It seems very well designed and a lot of planning has gone into it.”

And Mark Bubien added: “I like it, I really do. I was expecting something a lot more of a modern looking but I like what they’ve done, it’s so different.”

The exhibition allowed fans and residents a chance to view the plans and designs in greater detail than ever before.

Estimates have priced the expansion works at £500million and will feature a three-tiered stack of terraces and is inspired by the design of Westminster Abbey.

Herzog has described his vision for the Bridge of having the feeling of “a castle, or a medieval walled village … something you wouldn’t find anywhere else” and features heavy brickwork and soaring vaults."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-not-boring-like-arsenals-6372391

Chel53a-unveil-new-stadium-plans.jpg

Swiss architects Jacques Herzog and Pierre de Meuron have been commissioned by Blues owner Roman Abramovich to transform the club’s west London ground into a 60,000-seater stadium.

Grenville Fox, from Battersea, called it "iconic" and compared it to the Olympic Bird's Nest stadium in Beijing, which was also designed by Herzog and de Meuron.

Speaking to getwestlondon he said: "I love it, I think it’s great. It’s been presented really well. It’s a nice design that’s taken into consideration a lot of the concerns.

"It’s not boring like Arsenal’s (Emirates) stadium. It has an iconic design a lot like the Bird’s Nest in Beijing.”

Building work is anticipated to take around three years to complete and Chel53a areclose to agreeing a deal to play at Wembley in the interim.

Should the move go ahead, it is anticipated Chel53a would start playing at the home of football from the start of the 2017-18 Premier League campaign.

Chuck Crampton, from Richmond, said of the expansion plans: “It’s very positive, they seem to have thought about most of the elements and the fans and residents. It’s a very unusual design.”

Peter Higgins, also from Richmond, said: “It looks very civic, it’s not just an industrial stadium. This seems to be designed with the community in mind and it has architectural value too.”

Andre Decort, from Knightsbridge, said: “It’s an untypical stadium design but well done given the constraints on space. It seems very well designed and a lot of planning has gone into it.”

And Mark Bubien added: “I like it, I really do. I was expecting something a lot more of a modern looking but I like what they’ve done, it’s so different.”

The exhibition allowed fans and residents a chance to view the plans and designs in greater detail than ever before.

Estimates have priced the expansion works at £500million and will feature a three-tiered stack of terraces and is inspired by the design of Westminster Abbey.

Herzog has described his vision for the Bridge of having the feeling of “a castle, or a medieval walled village … something you wouldn’t find anywhere else” and features heavy brickwork and soaring vaults."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-not-boring-like-arsenals-6372391

Christ had no idea it was Chelsea's. Will be the worst stadium in the Championship, easily.

Back