• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

This our squad till January then (subject to any more Turkxits):

---------------------------------Vicario(Forster)

Porro(Royal)-Romero(Phillips)-van der Ven(Dier)-Udogie(Davies)

-------------------------------Bissouma(Skipp)

-- -----------Bentancur(Sarr)-------------Maddison(Gil)

-- Kulusevski(Johnson)--------------------------------------Son(Solomon)

---------------------------------Richarlison(Veliz)

+ Austin, Lloris, Whiteman, Sessegnon, Perisic, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso

give it a rest with Gil already, Lo Celso will be backup to Maddison not Gil. Gil is a WF and has no where near the physicality to play central mid.

Bissouma is the worry for me during ACN, can’t see Skipp or PEH playing his role as they can’t break the lines so wonder if we will see Bentacur, Lo Celso and Maddison as the 3.

How the hell do you count players out on loan as either being a part of the squad or harmful?

Actually don't bother answering.
We’ve basically now got 26 plus some under 21s. That means either Dier or Lloris could be given a squad number. I wouldn’t give either of them one to send a message to others in future who choose to stay instead of accepting deals elsewhere.

We’ve basically now got 26 plus some under 21s. That means either Dier or Lloris could be given a squad number. I wouldn’t give either of them one to send a message to others in future who choose to stay instead of accepting deals elsewhere.

I doubt either will be given places, I doubt Lloris will be here in a couple of weeks

Serious question but I thought there was space now for Dier and Lloris in the 25, or to be more precise the 17 spots for players over 21 that are not home grown.

Vicario
Royal
Romero
Porro
VDV
Højbjerg
Bissouma
Lo Celso
Bentancur
Son
Richarlison
Gil
Perisic
Kulu
Soloman

Dier
Lloris

U21 so not on the list
Udogie
Sarr
Veliz

Have I missed someone?

Serious question but I thought there was space now for Dier and Lloris in the 25, or to be more precise the 17 spots for players over 21 that are not home grown.

Vicario
Royal
Romero
Porro
VDV
Højbjerg
Bissouma
Lo Celso
Bentancur
Son
Richarlison
Gil
Perisic
Kulu
Soloman

Dier
Lloris

U21 so not on the list
Udogie
Sarr
Veliz

Have I missed someone?

Sess, Johnson

For clarity the 8 I’m counting as home grown to make up the 25
Forster
Austin
Whiteman
Sessegnon
Davies
Skipp
Maddison
Johnson

How the hell do you count players out on loan as either being a part of the squad or harmful?

Actually don't bother answering.
So Ndombele's £100k wages (the half that we are still paying) and the fact that he boomerangs back to us in May and becomes one we need to sell before we buy isnt an issue?

And x6 because 6/8 players on loan are ones we are unable to sell, not developmental loans

So Ndombele's £100k wages (the half that we are still paying) and the fact that he boomerangs back to us in May and becomes one we need to sell before we buy isnt an issue?

And x6 because 6/8 players on loan are ones we are unable to sell, not developmental loans

Yes ndombele is an issue. But you are counting the likes of scarlett and devine being on loan as not only being a oart of our squad but also as harmful. You have some sort of narrative in your head that doesn't match reality. Which you have been churning out for weeks and ignoring everyone that corrects you.

This our squad till January then (subject to any more Turkxits):

---------------------------------Vicario(Forster)

Porro(Royal)-Romero(Phillips)-van der Ven(Dier)-Udogie(Davies)

-------------------------------Bissouma(Skipp)

-- -----------Bentancur(Sarr)-------------Maddison(Gil)

-- Kulusevski(Johnson)--------------------------------------Son(Solomon)

---------------------------------Richarlison(Veliz)

+ Austin, Lloris, Whiteman, Sessegnon, Perisic, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso

Not a bad start, long term work

- Lloris, Dier, Sess probably Davies to move on, Forster, PEH & Perisic likely to go at end of season as well, hopefully Ndombele (so another 7 out)
- Lo Celso & Gil probably at last chance to prove they are part of the plans
- To come in, Backup GK, CB, LB (be interesting if we bring any of those in January), options cover for Maddison (if GLC doesn't work), another ST?

Squad getting smaller, by this time next year we could have only Son who played under Poch in full squad.

Will be interesting to see when / if Veliz gets integrated into the matchday squad, think there was talk it would be months before that was the case.

Will be interesting to see when / if Veliz gets integrated into the matchday squad, think there was talk it would be months before that was the case.
I think that was more because he's played 2 years with no break, due to the U20 WC and the southern hemisphere seasons being out of kilter with ours. So i think we're more just giving him a close season for his long term benefit

Nope, it’s not an issue…. We have the lowest wage to turnover ratio in the league.

I think that was more because he's played 2 years with no break, due to the U20 WC and the southern hemisphere seasons being out of kilter with ours. So i think we're more just giving him a close season for his long term benefit

Also think it's a huge culture change plus step up for him, Club is seemingly actually doing the right thing, give him a rest (from all that playing), get him settled in (decent South American/Iberian contingent in team), give him time to learn his teammates/system in training, take the pressure of instant expectation off him.

You have some sort of narrative in your head that doesn't match reality. Which you have been churning out for weeks and ignoring everyone that corrects you.
That's Gutterboy's modus operandi.
It's what he does.
Like Baleforce, Scaramanga, DubaiSpurs, they just take extreeeeeeme positions to garner attention and internet warmth.
Bless their little socks.

Looks like the squad needs to be in by Wednesday

"Nevertheless, the squad submission date for 2023/24 is Wednesday 13 September, with clubs having to submit their squads by 14:00 (BST) on this date."

Back