• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

My question would be do we need to name 25, or could we leave Dier and or Lloris off if we want to.

That's if we only had 23 or 24 other players we could name

Will be interesting. A lot of what happens is behind the scenes. After what ange has said about lloris not getting a place, i can't see it. As for dier. He's still an option. Unless there has been words.

Anges choice.

don't think you are obligated to name 25
You're not, the numbers are just exact limitations ie. no more than 17 none homegrown and no more than 25 players named players in total.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

My question would be do we need to name 25, or could we leave Dier and or Lloris off if we want to.

That's if we only had 23 or 24 other players we could name
don't think you are obligated to name 25
Right, and some of the U21 players won't take up a spot anyway even if they're foreign.
I'd rather see Ashley Phillips on the bench than Dier. At least there we have something to look forward to.

We have confirmed our squad for the 2023/24 Premier League campaign.

The deadline for squads to be submitted to the league was 2pm today.

The squad list consists of a maximum of 25 players, of which eight must be home grown and up to 17 non home grown. The Under-21 list can contain an unlimited number of players. All scholars qualify as Under-21 players.

The Premier League's definition of a home-grown player states 'a player to have been registered for 36 months before the age of 21 with the FA or Welsh FA'. Meanwhile, an Under-21 player is born on/after 1 January, 2002.

Non-home-grown list (maximum = 17)
1 Rodrigo Bentancur
2 Yves Bissouma
3 Eric Dier
4 Emerson Royal
5 Bryan Gil
6 Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
7 Dejan Kulusevski
8 Hugo Lloris
9 Giovani Lo Celso
10 Ivan Perisic
11 Pedro Porro
12 Richarlison
13 Cristian Romero
14 Manor Solomon
15 Heung-Min Son
16 Micky van de Ven
17 Guglielmo Vicario

Home grown (minimum of eight for a 25-man squad)
18 Brandon Austin
19 Ben Davies
20 Fraser Forster
21 Brennan Johnson
22 James Maddison
23 Ryan Sessegnon
24 Oliver Skipp
25 Alfie Whiteman

Under-21 list
1 George Abbott
2 Will Andiyapan
3 Pele Arganese-McDermott
4 Tyrell Ashcroft
5 Dante Cassanova
6 Archie Chaplin
7 Matthew Craig
8 Yago De Santiago Alonso
9 Jamie Donley
10 Alfie Dorrington
11 Luca Gunter
12 Tyrese Hall
13 Oliver Irow
14 Nile John
15 Josh Keeley
16 Rio Kyerematen
17 William Lankshear
18 Jahziah Linton
19 Aaron Maguire
20 Maxwell McKnight
21 Ashley Phillips
22 Max Robson
23 Pape Mata Sarr
24 Charlie Sayers
25 Jude Soonsup-Bell
26 Destiny Udogie
27 Alejo Veliz
28 Jaden Williams

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...d-confirmed-for-202324-premier-league-season/

We have confirmed our squad for the 2023/24 Premier League campaign.

The deadline for squads to be submitted to the league was 2pm today.

The squad list consists of a maximum of 25 players, of which eight must be home grown and up to 17 non home grown. The Under-21 list can contain an unlimited number of players. All scholars qualify as Under-21 players.

The Premier League's definition of a home-grown player states 'a player to have been registered for 36 months before the age of 21 with the FA or Welsh FA'. Meanwhile, an Under-21 player is born on/after 1 January, 2002.

Non-home-grown list (maximum = 17)
1 Rodrigo Bentancur
2 Yves Bissouma
3 Eric Dier
4 Emerson Royal
5 Bryan Gil
6 Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
7 Dejan Kulusevski
8 Hugo Lloris
9 Giovani Lo Celso
10 Ivan Perisic
11 Pedro Porro
12 Richarlison
13 Cristian Romero
14 Manor Solomon
15 Heung-Min Son
16 Micky van de Ven
17 Guglielmo Vicario

Home grown (minimum of eight for a 25-man squad)
18 Brandon Austin
19 Ben Davies
20 Fraser Forster
21 Brennan Johnson
22 James Maddison
23 Ryan Sessegnon
24 Oliver Skipp
25 Alfie Whiteman

Under-21 list
1 George Abbott
2 Will Andiyapan
3 Pele Arganese-McDermott
4 Tyrell Ashcroft
5 Dante Cassanova
6 Archie Chaplin
7 Matthew Craig
8 Yago De Santiago Alonso
9 Jamie Donley
10 Alfie Dorrington
11 Luca Gunter
12 Tyrese Hall
13 Oliver Irow
14 Nile John
15 Josh Keeley
16 Rio Kyerematen
17 William Lankshear
18 Jahziah Linton
19 Aaron Maguire
20 Maxwell McKnight
21 Ashley Phillips
22 Max Robson
23 Pape Mata Sarr
24 Charlie Sayers
25 Jude Soonsup-Bell
26 Destiny Udogie
27 Alejo Veliz
28 Jaden Williams

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...d-confirmed-for-202324-premier-league-season/

5 senior gks. That needs sorting in jan.

5 senior gks. That needs sorting in jan.

It's the new RB don't you know

3 of them are actually out of contract in 10 months time, and Whiteman would probably have moved to Sweden permanently by now if it wasn't for his injuries.

I don't think it will take a lot of effort then to be able to go into next season with 3 GKs of: Vicario, new English journeyman, Keeley.

When it's actually broken down that way interesting to see Philips and Veliz in the PL squad.

Hugo and Dier is a shock and not a route I would have gone down but it's a trade off I imagine. Pay them off or pay them to be included and if needed they are there.

Like @Lilbaz says, plenty to still work out come Jan

That graphic is just something I made, so it's just the 2 I think will be involved more

Edit: they are also included in the first team on the OS

No number 2, 3 or 6 in the squad - unless numbers on that graphic aren't official?

It's just the members the OS had for the players when I made it

As predicted when the window closed, a place for Dier and Hugo.

Hope Vicario stays fit, but if he gets injuered would be a fitting swan song for hugo to step up and play well, earning a move in Jan.

When it's actually broken down that way interesting to see Philips and Veliz in the PL squad.

Hugo and Dier is a shock and not a route I would have gone down but it's a trade off I imagine. Pay them off or pay them to be included and if needed they are there.

Like @Lilbaz says, plenty to still work out come Jan
U21 players don't need to be registered to play in the PL, so this allows more space for older, non-HG players (as you said, I'm a little surprised to see Lloris and Dier in the squad, but I'm honestly not sure what the best solution is to this situation).

As predicted when the window closed, a place for Dier and Hugo.

Hope Vicario stays fit, but if he gets injuered would be a fitting swan song for hugo to step up and play well, earning a move in Jan.
Hugo can’t play this football
He would really suffer and look worse for it

Very very thin on the ground for homegrown players = the minimum and that is with some making up of the numbers in that subset.

Very very thin on the ground for homegrown players = the minimum and that is with some making up of the numbers in that subset.

Luckily it looks like we've got some of the best academy players in the country at the moment. Hopefully a few can make the grade in the next couple of years.

The problem we've had is that the academy teams in the past have played 433 possession based attacking football which was different to the first team. Making it hard for them to step up. Now ange plays the same way.

Would like more of them to go out on loan first though.

The rigid system our first team played for the last 2 seasons is workable with experienced players but young players still want to enjoy playing and express themselves, our u21 side were very poor up until Christmas last season and I think it was due to the lack of interest shown by our manager. Players and coaches could see there was no way of progression to the first team as manager wanted the finished article not prospects. Easy to say when your winning but there appears a joy in the play of our young teams since Conte left.

The rigid system our first team played for the last 2 seasons is workable with experienced players but young players still want to enjoy playing and express themselves, our u21 side were very poor up until Christmas last season and I think it was due to the lack of interest shown by our manager. Players and coaches could see there was no way of progression to the first team as manager wanted the finished article not prospects. Easy to say when your winning but there appears a joy in the play of our young teams since Conte left.

Simon Davies probably has something to do with it. Allegedly we have increased the academy budget aswell and pay players more. Also we've added a few players.
Seems to be working.

Back