• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

Exactly, who have they stopped being in the Squad? Do we have a 23 year old centreback fuming at being left out or any other over 21 who would be selected? Let's see what happens in January

We do actually. Can't remember his name. Begins with L? 22 though.

But yes agree.

I don’t actually recall when we last had an issue with a player on contract who suddenly passed through the autumn of their career whilst still on contract. He has given us everything.

Nor do I mind him in and around the team this season. He wil still provide decent opposition for shooting practice and so on. Maybe he does some coaching of the other guys too.

We should be happy he is being treated honourably as a veteran of many long campaigns in our shirt. He’s our war dog.

If we are talking lloris. I wouldn't mind him having a coaching role. After his contract runs out.

Brooklyn Lyons-Foster?

He was feted as one to watch a few years ago. But nothing to indicate he would have been named in the squad if it weren't for Dier or Lloris.

Not saying he should have been. Just that he did miss out.

Not arguing the decision.

Brooklyn Lyons-Foster?

He was feted as one to watch a few years ago. But nothing to indicate he would have been named in the squad if it weren't for Dier or Lloris.

So far this season he's played in front of the centre halves and his experience has been helpful to them and the team, prior to that he has played at centreback but never really stood out, we have had a lot of his type of player in our age teams over the years and they do a very important job bringing stability in middle of park, none of them have ever progressed to be first team players, Matthew Craig does a similar job and can also play fullback.

There are question marks on Sarr, if he could be classed as home grown or not.
Not looked into it, but always thought he wouldn't qualify as we loaned he back when we signed him.
Interestingly, I found your 25-month-old posts on SC regarding this very subject when I was trying to google the answer. Suffice it to say, I think the answer is no, he won't be HG as I agree with you.

INCIDENTALLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPE! He has just turned 21 today and I hope all the players were punching him in the abs as he seems to love doing to others.

Interestingly, I found your 25-month-old posts on SC regarding this very subject when I was trying to google the answer. Suffice it to say, I think the answer is no, he won't be HG as I agree with you.

I can't remember what I posted back then, but I did always think if your out on loan that season didn't count, but Saliba who has had multiple loans for Arsenal is now classed as Home Grown.

So there might be a chance

INCIDENTALLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPE! He has just turned 21 today and I hope all the players were punching him in the abs as he seems to love doing to others.

Veliz seems borderline although i think over. It's confusing as they count it from jan? Or am i mistaken?

Veliz seems borderline although i think over. It's confusing as they count it from jan? Or am i mistaken?

Veliz is too old

Born 19 September 2003, so will be 20 in a few days.

I think U21's might use a Jan cut off, but home grown is just 3 seasons between 16 and 21 (and to the end of the season when they turn 21)

Veliz is too old

Born 19 September 2003, so will be 20 in a few days.

I think U21's might use a Jan cut off, but home grown is just 3 seasons between 16 and 21 (and to the end of the season when they turn 21)

For some reason i thought sarr was 21 last season. Turns out it was september.

He was registered to play with us before the loan
Which is why it counts
He will be classed as Hg the same way arsenal have done it with Saliba

We've done some decent squad adjustments, but i cannot believe we didn't sign another centre-back especially as Sanchez was likely going. We are one injury from things collapsing defensively imo and i am astounded that has happened.
Zero excuses if we don't sign another senior centre back in January.
I think we've also got to hope that Lo Celso steps up as we are totally different without Maddison or Bissouma...

We've done some decent squad adjustments, but i cannot believe we didn't sign another centre-back especially as Sanchez was likely going. We are one injury from things collapsing defensively imo and i am astounded that has happened.
Zero excuses if we don't sign another senior centre back in January.
I think we've also got to hope that Lo Celso steps up as we are totally different without Maddison or Bissouma...

If our biggest need is a back up player, to me that says we're ok.

People might think dier and davies are the worst players on the planet. But they were starters in defence the season before last when we got top 4. We also have some very exciting cbs coming through.

People might think dier and davies are the worst players on the planet. But they were starters in defence the season before last when we got top 4. We also have some very exciting cbs coming through.

I think the backup point more reflects the fact we have less games this season so will more likely get away with it. If we had last year's schedule we'd more likely be in trouble.
Dier and Davies suited the less front-foot way the previous coaches played so i don't think we can just assume there won't be a massive drop-off if we are forced to play them more than the sytem we use would like to. Also, remember that once teams stopped being afraid of us, those two players were the main targets when teams wanted to exploit weaknesses.

Will be interesting to see if Ange uses the young cbs coming through..

I think the backup point more reflects the fact we have less games this season so will more likely get away with it. If we had last year's schedule we'd more likely be in trouble.
Dier and Davies suited the less front-foot way the previous coaches played so i don't think we can just assume there won't be a massive drop-off if we are forced to play them more than the sytem we use would like to. Also, remember that once teams stopped being afraid of us, those two players were the main targets when teams wanted to exploit weaknesses.

Will be interesting to see if Ange uses the young cbs coming through..

I'd love another cb in jan. As does ange. Romero is more than likely to get injured or banned at some point.

Just think that we are not in bad shape squad wise at the moment.

Work to do though. We don't need 5gks for a start. A cb would be nice. Hopefully scarlet, devine, veliz or phillips step up so can be good squad members next season. Santiago, donnington, donnely and lankshear get good loans. Then just add a bit of class where needed.

Yeh likewise.

The balance is that starters we all moaned about are now either gone or 2nd and 3rd choice, that's great progress. Work to be done but history now says it's likely yo happen.

I'd love another cb in jan. As does ange. Romero is more than likely to get injured or banned at some point.

Just think that we are not in bad shape squad wise at the moment.

Work to do though. We don't need 5gks for a start. A cb would be nice. Hopefully scarlet, devine, veliz or phillips step up so can be good squad members next season. Santiago, donnington, donnely and lankshear get good loans. Then just add a bit of class where needed.
Why dont ppl think Phillips can come in and do a good job?

Why dont ppl think Phillips can come in and do a good job?

Because he is 18 and has only had 8 games at senior level, none of those in the prem. He may do great. But to rely on him at this stage would be risky. Especially when you have international players you can use instead.

Back