• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

I’d say my only (realistic) criticism of the summer business is that Phillips isn’t deemed ready for the first team and yet we still sold Sanchez.

I wasn’t too down on the CB squad management as I’d assumed Phillips was ready to play a part, but seeing as he’s clearly not then we have let ourselves get far too light there, even without Europe or the league cup.

He was in the last year aswell wasn't he?

I’d say my only (realistic) criticism of the summer business is that Phillips isn’t deemed ready for the first team and yet we still sold Sanchez.

I wasn’t too down on the CB squad management as I’d assumed Phillips was ready to play a part, but seeing as he’s clearly not then we have let ourselves get far too light there, even without Europe or the league cup.

I think with so many other changes required it was risky to put him in, maybe if only one CB was out he might have played. Going out of the Carabou cup has cost us, could have given game time to others and seen what they can do.

Sanchez probably does better in this system than Dier but really we are splitting hairs. Brother were ultimately good enough, both are error prone and both make poor decisions when under pressure.
I think we have an issue now in the profile of the squad

Some huge potential in the very young players
Some ready made new players of coming up to peak age

One or two older very experienced and proven ones

In the bits in between that’s matters

At CB we beed a player. But it also needs to be an acquisition that means we can still bring though Philips and Darrington when they are ready. That’s hard to do imo. Glads it’s not my problem

At CB we beed a player. But it also needs to be an acquisition that means we can still bring though Philips and Darrington when they are ready. That’s hard to do imo. Glads it’s not my problem
Agree, but there are no guarantees Philips or Darrington will ever be ready. Think it's most likely we acquire another CB of the VDV profile in terms of age and potential (and hopefully speed too) and then we loan out one of Philips/Dorrington or even both? to improve their development....

Agree, but there are no guarantees Philips or Darrington will ever be ready. Think it's most likely we acquire another CB of the VDV profile in terms of age and potential (and hopefully speed too) and then we loan out one of Philips/Dorrington or even both? to improve their development....

Kid from atalanta will do.

We have no idea if they will be ready
But if we don’t try them…

Sanchez probably does better in this system than Dier but really we are splitting hairs. Brother were ultimately good enough, both are error prone and both make poor decisions when under pressure.
Quite

The chances are we would be talking about Sanchez making errors yesterday instead of Dier if he played.

Both needed moving on, frustrating Dier decided to stay and we couldn't replace, but it's his right having a contract.

Looking at another big clear out in the summer.

Lloris, Dier and Perisic will all be released - that's probably 500-600K a week off the wage bill already. Then Sess, Le Celso, N'Dombele, Skipp, PEH etc will all be up for sale. Skipp might stay as he's HG but I'm sure we'd happily sell the others.

Looking at another big clear out in the summer.

Lloris, Dier and Perisic will all be released - that's probably 500-600K a week off the wage bill already. Then Sess, Le Celso, N'Dombele, Skipp, PEH etc will all be up for sale. Skipp might stay as he's HG but I'm sure we'd happily sell the others.
I think I’m right in saying that a chunk of them have one year left of their contracts next summer

Its why Lloyd Kelly would/will be such a smart option, because he can cover both van den Ven and Udogie. The versatilty to play LB as well keeps a pathway open for the young CBs. His pace also makes him a much better option for this dual role in this system that Davies

Its why Lloyd Kelly would/will be such a smart option, because he can cover both van den Ven and Udogie. The versatilty to play LB as well keeps a pathway open for the young CBs. His pace also makes him a much better option for this dual role in this system that Davies
I think that will get done

I think that will get done
Did you notice Kelly has been Captain for Bournemouth last few games while their keeper was missing. I didn't realise he was that important to them. He's been linked with a few more top teams recently but hopefully we did enough groundwork to get that done in Jan. Fingers crossed they don't now think sod it and pin there hopes on him keeping them up before letting him go for free instead

Did you notice Kelly has been Captain for Bournemouth last few games while their keeper was missing. I didn't realise he was that important to them. He's been linked with a few more top teams recently but hopefully we did enough groundwork to get that done in Jan. Fingers crossed they don't now think sod it and pin there hopes on him keeping them up before letting him go for free instead
He will have told them he is leaving IMO

It sounded like we'd agreed a fee near deadline day, and it was only because their replacement fell through that it didnt go ahead. The player then missed their next game apparently because he was so distraught that it had collapsed.

It feels a bit like the Robbo from Leeds situation, which did end up going through as soon as the next window opened

It sounded like we'd agreed a fee near deadline day, and it was only because their replacement fell through that it didnt go ahead. The player then missed their next game apparently because he was so distraught that it had collapsed.

It feels a bit like the Robbo from Leeds situation, which did end up going through as soon as the next window opened
Robbo signed up and they then found out Leeds had roostered up the loan numbers
So he went back and levy said I’ll still buy you. He didnt think we would follow up on it because his form dropped badly but we did

If there a competent club… and it’s hard to tell… they will have been planning for this

They might have planned for it. That keeping him gives them a better chance of staying up, than any fee they receive for him. Staying up would also be worth more to them than any fee they get.

Although they might think they have a good chance at staying up and will cash in.

We don't know.

Back