• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs: Your worst moments......

Losing to Coventry with Mabbs's OG in 1987, unquestionably. It still felt real then ... and you know what? I'm STILL celebrating those сunts' relegation to Division 3.

You misunderstand.

He meant that he thought your first Spurs game was in the early 1920's......

No, I actually meant 1820's... I thought your first game was The Royal Shrovetide Football Match in Ashbourne!!

...anyway, back on topic... I remember the 1982 League Cup hurting, but that was 'cos I was only 10 and the sight of Bruce Grobelaar walking on his hands round Wembley made me cry for some inexplicable reason... it was like he was turning cartwheels on my dreams! (you have to remember, for me, up until that point we ALWAYS won at Wembley... I thought it was our GHod-given right... this was all wrong!)

In 'grown-up' terms, the 0-3 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday in one of Christian Gross's last games felt like an all-time low... as the 3rd goal went in, the White hankies came out all around me in the Park lane end... (white hankies were all the rage in Europe at the time!) ...and I remember feeling a sense of utter desperation and helplessness that I might actually be witnessing a relegation season if things stayed as they were... luckily, a good old fashioned protest outside the West Stand after the game seemed to kick things into shape... erm, until Gorgeous George came along, and everything I thought I knew and felt about Spurs as a club had been turned completely on its' head!

But Saturday has to go up there as the worst feeling after a match that Spurs weren't DIRECTLY involved in (although they kinda were involved... it was there for all to see in the form of Bayern Munich putting in a most uncanny 'Spurs-esque' performance!)
I imagine only the sight of ArseAnal beating Barca in the 2006 Final would've topped it... thankfully, we'll be spared THAT particular horror for another year at least...

What odds an ALL ENGLISH CL Final at Wembley next season???? I think the sight of Emirates Marketing Project/Chelsea or ArseAnal contesting the final may well send me to my padded cell!!!

Last edited:
Two games I literally cried and sweared for hours after (due to the fact I'd get so much stick at school on the following monday);

Chelscum (H) 1-6
Newcash (A) 1-7

After games like 3-4 against bricky, 3-5 to Yanited etc, you can only shake your head and curse. Was really disappointed on Saturday, but somehow, the pieces all just came together. It was bound to happen. Not in a victimized sort of way, but it's simply our role in this football circus, we're the clown. :)

Last edited:
Well, after reading all the horror stories on this thread, I actually now think I don't have it so bad, actually.;)

First worst moment; Lovely Sol's transfer. Was eleven years old at the time. Remember quite literally crying into my cornflakes when my old dad tossed the paper over to me, grin etched onto his Arsenal-loving face.

Second worst moment; Lasagna-gate. I happened to be sixteen, living by myself, and I'd bailed on my first girlfriend to watch the match. She kept calling all the way through. I didn't bother answering. When the match ended, I wordlessly threw my phone into the TV (blasted through the screen), and retired to my room, only coming out of it fourteen hours later when it turned out she'd called the police on me because she was afraid I was in the process of topping myself. To cap the day off, one of the policemen turned out to be an Arsenal fan.

I came back after both of those. I'm still around after Sunday's events. The question is, why on earth is that the case? ;)

So y

I always thought you were someone in you 50s :lol:

Dubai - before you do a Crawley and misunderstand Arcspace's post, just be aware that he's not being rude about your age.

He's talking about your IQ and the fact that he now believes it to be somewhere down in the 30's or 40's.

Just thought I'd sort that out so that you don't get angry with him..........

Last saturday, by far! Still gets the awful feeling in my stomack thinking back on it. There I was, in the pub, dressed up in full Bavaria-costume, singing YID ARMY, and the despicable Chelsea-team, that never should have been in the final in the first place, winning the trophy. This sending our beloved Spurs out of the CL, all time low... Devestated! Still devestated... It hurts! Think I'm almost going into depression...

Saturday and Lasagnegate are tied for me. Not just because of the heartbreak of it all, but because of what it meant for the future.

Arsenal in 2006 were moving into their new stadium, had huge debts to pay and a star player (Henry) who wasn't sure if he wanted to be there or not. Without Champions League football they'd have had to sell him and we'd have had the chance to build on, especially since Carrick would have stayed and we'd have been able to play him and Berbatov in the same team.

Now the same thing has happened with Chelsea. With their huge wage bill and a squad that needs an overhaul, as well as FFP coming in, missing out on the CL would have crushed them. Instead, they will rebuild and stay on top, whilst we will struggle to attract the transfer targets we might otherwise have been able to and we face the very realistic prospect of losing some of our best players again.

I'd also like to mention when we lost 1-0 at home to Charlton in 2003 and ended the year in the relegation zone. That was pretty depressing. And when we drew four games in a row 0-0 under George Graham.

So many bad moments but 1987 still sticks in my mind. On for the treble, we come 3rd in the league and then lose to the scum in the league cup semi after battering West ham 5-0 in the quarters (clive allen 9 minute hattrick, funny what you remember!) and so the FA cup was the last chance. When the final whistle blew, I left the room, went upstairs, locked my door and led on my bed and sobbed for hours. I was 13 and that was the first real pain from football.

So many to choose from. The defeat in the cup away to Port Vale. The loss to Bradford. The loss to Coventry. The relegation season in the mid-70's. But that semi-final loss was bad because I missed the second leg and the replay on a previously booked vacation in Israel. I went to the first leg and remember saying that Clive Allen's miss that would have made it 2-0 would cost us. Pre-internet, I phoned home at the end of 90 minutes to be told extra time and then after extra time, a replay. Did the same for the replay and heard the bad news. As I was riding back up to my room, a husband and wife get in the elevator and the wife says "Maybe he was joking?" Husband, looking downcast, "He wouldn't joke about that!" I said "Spurs?" and he nodded.

Last edited:
"But the City 4-3 was just...wow. Unbelievable. I was so down at the final whistle. And although I couldn't believe it was happening it wasn't as if the team promised so much and ultimately got unlucky or failed to deliver, we were a poor side but went in 3-0 up against a hilariously dysfunctional Emirates Marketing Project side and just didn't have the stomach for the second half. I had genuine anger towards Spurs that night when usually I could be philosophical or laugh it all off. "

Believe this or not, it's probably too leftfield for many of you to believe it. I was at the airport and heard the score was 3-0 at half time and at that point i boarded the plane for the Far east.
Upon arriving i called back home to my Dad and was told we had lost 4-3 against ten men, i simply laughed and told him to stop messing about. He always does stuff like this,so i simply waited for him to tell me the real full time score.

It took me about twenty minutes to actually realise he wasn't messing about. I was completely dumbfounded !

You know something dawned on me today.

We are depressed because we finished fourth.

Yes, we missed out in unusual circumstances and it's natural to feel disappointed after the position we were in.

But we have MASSIVELY raised our own expectation, and the best thing is we have done it organically.

Right now if someone said to me we would not finish top 4 next season I would be very unhappy. That is a huge thing. Psychologically the profile of the club, from the players, manager, fans to the pundits has risen. This is a very good thing.

it will be hugely difficult to finish top 4 again next even if we retain the likes of ade and modric which looks highly unlikely.

the players who are left wouldn't be human if they didn't let this affect them at the start of the next season. i'll be amazed if we start well.

and of course chelsea will go no doubt a mad spending spree to replace the old players who somehow lucked their to the CL and arsenal are just arsenal. we'll find a way to finish below even without RVP's 30 goals.

the players who are left wouldn't be human if they didn't let this affect them at the start of the next season. i'll be amazed if we start well.
If the players don't get over the Chelsea ordeal then they shouldn't be professional footballers. By the time the season starts, the players will have had about three months to forget about what happened - with the small deal of the Euro's and the Olympics in the way as well.

As far as I'm concerned, it's extra motivation to get one over on them.

With the right purchases and a distraction free season then why can't we finish 3rd or 4th?
Especially if rvp fudges off and Torres continues his fine form. We're good enough.

Weirdly, the one that really sticks in my mind is the 6-1 against Chelsea in 1997, Christian Gross' first home game.

We'd had a brick start to the season, the Badger was gone, our big summer signings were garbage, our kit was Pony, Arsenal were flying, we got deservedly done over by Crystal Palace, we hire a funny foreigner to match the one Arsenal have just hired and he turns out to be terrifyingly mental... but then Gross took over and we beat Everton with a smart, encouraging display, Ginola and Ferdinand suddenly looking like the players we'd just bought, finally smashing two past them after 70 minutes, beautiful. It really did feel like "wow, maybe this guy is onto something!" So I turn up at the Lane to watch us play Chelsea having feared the worst since I got my ticket (the jinx was still in its relative infancy back then but we still weren't tipped to get anything), the tide having suddenly turned, Chelsea fans at work suddenly not treating it as a joke any more... Christian, give us a wave!, followed by a deafening roar, probably louder than I've ever heard any new manager... bit of a ropey first half, Ian Walker having to scramble loads of long-range Chelsea pot-shots away, Ginola misses a golden chance by freezing up, Ferdinand tries a goalward volley and instead belts the ball in the general direction of the ****erel on the West Stand, and we're looking at each other thinking, okay, this isn't so good (but it's probably just nerves, right?), somehow going in 1-1 at the break (we headed in from a set piece, which shows you how long ago this was), and then... and then...

Literally the brickest, most incompetent, most diabolical second half performance I've ever seen us turn in at home (I'm tempted to say anywhere). Seriously, we weren't brick, we were some kind of brand new classification of brick. And every single person in the ground knew it - all our fans, all their fans, Gullit looked almost embarrassed at one point, Hughton dying of shame, Gross pictured on MOTD that night looking like a rabbit in the headlights - like, oh Jesus what is happening and why can't I fix it? - and even the players just had this resigned look about them, like "oh man, we really are bad." It wasn't that we gave up - we actually kept trying, to our credit, even when Zola and di Matteo were just carving us apart (they both should have had five each) - it was that we sort of knew our trying wasn't good enough. It's hard to explain, but I've never felt further away from being a success in the Premier League, not even when Gary Doherty was playing up front or Johnnie Jackson was claiming his goals would keep us up.

One of the discussion forums back then, in the days before GG>Spurs Update>Yidtalk>THUH - I think it was a Carling thing - had a thread the next day from some Coventry fans saying that when Spurs went down, Coventry should take a punt on buying Sol Campbell because he wasn't as brick as our performance against Chelsea had made him look. But he was, we all were. There've been plenty of times we've been crap, bottled it, choked, lost games we didn't deserve to lose, lost games we definitely deserved to lose, my uncle even tells me what it was like when we went down in the Seventies... but I've never felt so completely hopeless as trudging back up the freezing cold High Road in total silence after that game.

Back