• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Stoke - Official match thread

King of Norway

Gudni Bergsson
This thread is long overdue.

Let's go up there and humiliate these filthy bastards. I fudging hate their fans. They will boo a player from the opposing team if he leaves the pitch on a stretcher with a broken leg. Watch out for Charlie Adam. I reckon he will go after Kane if he gets the chance.

Team I would like to see:

Lloris

Dier
Fazio
Vertonghen
Rose

Bentaleb
Dembele

Lamela
Eriksen
Chadli

Kane

But I am sure Mason will play instead of Dembele.

Time for another win. We need to finish to season with a few wins now.

KoN to lead us to the promised land ..

Agree on team, suspect the choices are Mason/Paulinho/Dembele into one spot.

lloris
dier - fazio - vertonghen - rose
paulinho - bentaleb
lamela - dembele - eriksen
kane

1-2​

Same team as City

Having 3 CBs in the back 4 will be useful. This will be the kind of game Fazio eats for breakfast.

Same team as City

Having 3 CBs in the back 4 will be useful. This will be the kind of game Fazio eats for breakfast.

until he has the ball and someone presses him, he freezes and loses the ball with no cover, Lloris doesn't come out and gets beaten near post with a despondent shrug. It'll probably be Redknapp's fault though I reckon.

• Haha
Reactions: jrh
until he has the ball and someone presses him, he freezes and loses the ball with no cover, Lloris doesn't come out and gets beaten near post with a despondent shrug. It'll probably be Redknapp's fault though I reckon.

Fazio has had a good season. I don't get the antagonism.

You need at least 1 big physical CB in your set of 4, and he's as good a ballplayer as any of his counterparts.

We've only looked good at the back this season when him and Verts have been paired.

Row 1 for us this afternoon, within slagging off distance of Adam and touching distance of Hugo....might see if we can take a few piccies

Or until a decent cross comes in and he doesn't get off the ground.

Care to put the money where the keyboard is... and list the number of times he has similarly given the ball away leading to a dangerous break by the opposition.

Yes, Fazio played a blooper against Chelsea and cost us a goal - which however turned out to be irrelevant. Other than this, I certainly don't recollect it to have happened on a regular basis... Indeed (even though I am not too impressed by stats) squawka puts his possession and passing stats as very similar to those of Verthongen

Tough game. Have to win it don't we? All about the performance though. Defense to show they can be solid, midfield to support defense and support the front 4. Crisp passing, movement.

THFC team: Lloris (C); Dier, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen; Bentaleb, Mason; Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Rose, Yedlin, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Soldado.

Back