• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Spurs v spammers***

I’m not sure too many ‘better options’ would accept our job mate. Lots knocked us back last summer (hence us ending up with Nuno).

I know. Hard to see any potential candidate that wouldn’t be a shot in the dark. Timing is a factor I guess and ultimately we need to get lucky.

Appreciate the negative reactions to games, but with all due respect I think you're over-reacting. Their football is defensive and dire; ours is just dire with no creativity. Today's game was pretty even

I think we'll finish 6th-9th but with poor football and lots of low scoring games. I think Nuno needs the upper end of that to survive into next season. I'm not a fan of his given the desperate football.

This season is a transitional one. More important is the transfer activity over the next couple windows and whether we can attract the right calibre players

We’re at West Ham’s level now which is depressing considering we played in a Champions league final 2 and a bit years ago.
Transitional season? To where? The graph is going downwards.

We’re at West Ham’s level now which is depressing considering we played in a Champions league final 2 and a bit years ago.

The refresh of the squad that is/was a few years overdue.

Then question is whether the manager is capable of getting the most of them

Using West Ham as evidence of how far we have fallen doesn’t work I’m afraid. They are currently a top 6 team. Are we the only club that are allowed to improve to break the top 6 or something?

All of the ‘big 6’ have fallen outside the top 6 at some point, other than City none of the clubs have stayed in the top 4 every season. So why on earth wouldnt we who don’t have the same financial backing as them? We are currently floating around the top 6 during a period of transition, that is us at about par. It’s really not a big deal. If you expected us to be competing at the very top every season, then you’re in for a lifetime of disappointment…..

Maybe people should realise the squad isn’t very good or creative

The fact of the matter is that we have bought badly over a considerable period of time. No back up Centre forward, no decent creative playmaker, and no triclky wingers that have either explosive pace or can take on and beat a man. Plus a manager that is pretty clueless at the moment.

Really poor recruitment is the root cause of all our issues.

Using West Ham as evidence of how far we have fallen doesn’t work I’m afraid. They are currently a top 6 team. Are we the only club that are allowed to improve to break the top 6 or something?

All of the ‘big 6’ have fallen outside the top 6 at some point, other than City none of the clubs have stayed in the top 4 every season. So why on earth wouldnt we who don’t have the same financial backing as them? We are currently floating around the top 6 during a period of transition, that is us at about par. It’s really not a big deal. If you expected us to be competing at the very top every season, then you’re in for a lifetime of disappointment…..

Ha! 42 years a supporter and most of those have been “transitional”! I’m sorry, West Ham are very very ordinary. At the moment they’re well organized and have a good spirit about them. That’s probably enough to challenge for top 6 but no more.

I said before the game, that resting the entire first XI would probably not work. It never has for us. It doesn't get much more Spurs than doing that and end up losing BOTH games.
It's what we do.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt
I was fine with it, but expected us to get very little out of it.
And as usual when we've done it, it certainly didn't look like a group of players that had prepared together for a week. So, apart from getting rest and not getting injuries, it's pretty pointless. Literally.

I was fine with it, but expected us to get very little out of it.
And as usual when we've done it, it certainly didn't look like a group of players that had prepared together for a week. So, apart from getting rest and not getting injuries, it's pretty pointless. Literally.

I think it was the right thing to do, but agree with your comment about the lack of impression of being prepared, particularly in attack. The fact that only Norwich have had fewer shots this season is telling.

Nuno saw the error of his ways in changing from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1, but he now needs to get the personnel and attacking tactics right otherwise I dont see him lasting til the end of the season. If he solves that, as I've said elsewhere I think we'll finish 6th-9th, mainly impacted by the lack of depth in certain positions and burden of multiple competitions

how many times did we trouble their keeper? or Martinez at Villa? Saudi Sportswashing Machine are a waste.

Graham Potter would not be having us having the second least shots in the league.

Indeed, the problem Brighton have is that they do not have people who can finish but at least they create chances

This word ‘transition’ is doing a lot of heavily lifting.

What exactly are we transitioning to? All I see is us transitioning from a decent attacking team to a turgid, low quality defensive team. That’s over the last 2-3 years.

We conceded in the 72nd minute today. We then brought on the closest thing we have to a forward replacement in the 90th minute. There isn’t another team in the league that would do that. Have a lol at our chances on gaol after they scored - where was the onslaught?

Lots of talk of having the 2nd lowest shots in the league. We have 2 players that are capable of putting the ball in the net. Most teams have 4 or more. It’s not rocket science. I’m not a Nuno fan, and I don’t like the tactics - but when he was asked about this Tottenham DNA this week he said you can only do what you can with the players you have. It’s not difficult to see he’s surely referring to a threadbare squad thats been left well short.

What exactly are we transitioning to? All I see is us transitioning from a decent attacking team to a turgid, low quality defensive team. That’s over the last 2-3 years.

We conceded in the 72nd minute today. We then brought on the closest thing we have to a forward replacement in the 90th minute. There isn’t another team in the league that would do that. Have a lol at our chances on gaol after they scored - where was the onslaught?

Lots of talk of having the 2nd lowest shots in the league. We have 2 players that are capable of putting the ball in the net. Most teams have 4 or more. It’s not rocket science. I’m not a Nuno fan, and I don’t like the tactics - but when he was asked about this Tottenham DNA this week he said you can only do what you can with the players you have. It’s not difficult to see he’s surely referring to a threadbare squad thats been left well short.
I’ve just read on here that we have the 5th best squad though so clearly someone is wrong

Well at least we've sorted the defence.
Not sure what Nuno is up to in midfield but we have no control. Should have gotten Buendia.

Same, was never a Nuno fan, and he still hasn't won me over. Appreciated what he did at lower clubs but the risks we take getting him to step up. Not his fault he is out of depth. Should have at least gotten Himenez, Coady and Jota over to help him implement his game.

Back