• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs teams comparison.

Lilbaz

Tom Huddlestone
Ok i'm bored and thinking (never a good mix). So how would you compare redkapp, poch and ange spurs teams? If you could have a select 11, who'd be in it. (Change my selections if needed).

Redknapp

Friedel
Ekotto king kaboul corluka
Bale modric parker lennon
crouch defoe

Poch

Lloris
Walker vertonghen alderweireld rose
Dembele wanyama
Eriksen dele son
Kane

Ange

Vicario
Porro romero vdv udogie
Kulu maddison bentancur sarr son
Richie

Ok i'm bored and thinking (never a good mix). So how would you compare redkapp, poch and ange spurs teams? If you could have a select 11, who'd be in it. (Change my selections if needed).

Redknapp

Friedel
Ekotto king kaboul corluka
Bale modric parker lennon
crouch defoe

Poch

Lloris
Walker vertonghen alderweireld rose
Dembele wanyama
Eriksen dele son
Kane

Ange

Vicario
Porro romero vdv udogie
Kulu maddison bentancur sarr son
Richie

Harry's best team was

Fridel
Walker King Kaboul Ekotto
Modric Huddleston (Parker)
Lennon VDV Bale
Ade

Not sure if we ever saw the best lineup due to Huddleston's and King's injuries but that was the lineup in 2011/12

Harry's best team was

Fridel

Lennon VDV Bale

Ade

Not sure if we ever saw the best lineup due to Huddleston's and King's injuries but that was the lineup in 2011/12
Up to this season I have always said Harry Redknapp has produced the best football I've ever seen at WHL (and in person ) but Poch's system was arguably more effective. With Harry we created a lot more chances but we played closer to now where it was something akin to perfection football and thus it was a bit harder to actually achieve. The only thing that side really lacked was a great striker. Kane in Harry's side and I genuinely think we could have probably won the league.

Poch has that over Ange and Harry. He had the best striker.

Up to this season I have always said Harry Redknapp has produced the best football I've ever seen at WHL (and in person ) but Poch's system was arguably more effective. With Harry we created a lot more chances but we played closer to now where it was something akin to perfection football and thus it was a bit harder to actually achieve. The only thing that side really lacked was a great striker. Kane in Harry's side and I genuinely think we could have probably won the league.

Poch has that over Ange and Harry. He had the best striker.

Agree that some of the stuff under redknapp was just a joy to behold.

agree with striker aswell.

Yeah, tough choice. King only had one knee, and could just as well have prime Vertonghen in there, but I love the look of VDV, so quick and commanding!
Obviously respect your opinion mate and you are of course entitled to it but... In no moment in time is King Ledley not getting picked, especially ahead of a guy no matter how talented has featured just over ten games for the clubo_O....

Yeah, tough choice. King only had one knee, and could just as well have prime Vertonghen in there, but I love the look of VDV, so quick and commanding!

Fair enough. It's a hypothetical so we could never prove who is right or wrong.

Vdv looks like he could be great. Early days though.

Obviously respect your opinion mate and you are of course entitled to it but... In no moment in time is King Ledley not getting picked, especially ahead of a guy no matter how talented has featured just over ten games for the clubo_O....

Rose or udoggie?

Rose or udoggie?
That's a more intriguing one because Rose was fantastic for a period of time but not for anywhere near the length of time King was at the top of his game. Also Udogie has a higher ceiling than Rose I think so I'd say with Udogie.

If VDV gets to anywhere near Kings level I'll be delighted, he needs to show it over a much longer period of time to be considered even close to King...

That's a more intriguing one because Rose was fantastic for a period of time but not for anywhere near the length of time King was at the top of his game. Also Udogie has a higher ceiling than Rose I think so I'd say with Udogie.

If VDV gets to anywhere near Kings level I'll be delighted, he needs to show it over a much longer period of time to be considered even close to King...

No argument from me. It's a tragedy that king had the knees he did.

Rose for a time was one of the best lbs in the world. Udogie at this point of time is.

But yes it has to be done over a period of time.

Which team was better though, player wise? I'd say the poch team edges it. Even though modric, bale and king were 3 of the best players i've seen st spurs.

I think a combined best 11 is probably Poch's team, just with Modric substituted in for Wanyama.

Udogie, Sarr, Vicario and others may challenge some of that in time, but not for a good few years. But Poch's team did the business pretty consistently across that whole 2015-18 period.

I think a combined best 11 is probably Poch's team, just with Modric substituted in for Wanyama.

Udogie, Sarr, Vicario and others may challenge some of that in time, but not for a good few years. But Poch's team did the business pretty consistently across that whole 2015-18 period.

No bale?

No argument from me. It's a tragedy that king had the knees he did.

Rose for a time was one of the best lbs in the world. Udogie at this point of time is.

But yes it has to be done over a period of time.

Which team was better though, player wise? I'd say the poch team edges it. Even though modric, bale and king were 3 of the best players i've seen st spurs.
I'd still say Redknapps team edges it. But what I will say is Ange is at the disadvantage of not having the completed team in his name yet, we know the peak Poch and Redknapp era teams - we don't know Anges yet.

And considering how good our recruitment is, combined with the potential of the current players and Ange himself - I think we will look back and say the Ange era is the best of the 3....

I'd still say Redknapps team edges it. But what I will say is Ange is at the disadvantage of not having the completed team in his name yet, we know the peak Poch and Redknapp era teams - we don't know Anges yet.

And considering how good our recruitment is, combined with the potential of the current players and Ange himself - I think we will look back and say the Ange era is the best of the 3....

We all hope ange team trumps the lot.

Harry's best team was

Fridel
Lennon VDV Bale
Ade

For Redknapp I would go

Friedel
Corluka Dawson King Ekotto
Lennon Modric Parker Bale
VDV
Ade

Kaboul never really fulfilled his promise (only played 1/3 of the number of games as Daws), while Walker only started coming through during Redknapp's last season and didn't become world-class till Poch's era.

Back