• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Swansea ratings thread

Agree with these scores and largely the comments, except Dawson should be a 6 as his distribution was not that bad.

One item of concern. In both our PL games the midfield seemed to run out of steam after about 70 mins and allowed the opponents into the game. I know our midfield plays with a high intensity and are liable to tire, but if this carries on, it will be worrying - especially for the NLD. I hope it is just an early season fitness thing.

Yeah. Capoue in particular was fooked after about 75 mins. A sub for Sandro at this time would have wrested back control of the game IMO.

Not surprised re fitness, most of the team who played yesterday did not get a full preseason.

It's also why I'm looking forward to how well they link when they have had some time together

Damn, I am going to have to stop backing Spurs not to keep a clean sheet ...

Lloris 7

Walker 6
Dawson 6
Verts 7
Broadway Danny 6

Townsend 7
Capoue 8
Paulinho 8
Chadli 6

Djembele 6

Soldado 6 (on the assumption he was making wonderful off-screen runs; otherwise 5)

Subs: all get a 6, though I am tempted to give JD a higher mark to counter-balance the 2 someone gave him earlier on.

Lloris 7.5

Walker 6.5
Dawson 6.5
Vertonghen 6.5
Rose 6.5

Capoue 8
Dembele 6.5
Paulinho 7.5

Townsend 8
Chadli 7

Soldado 6.5

Sig/Defoe/Sandro 6

In relation to some of disputes regarding ratings.

Question......do people base their rating for a game on that players performance in comparison to others on the pitch OR do they rate each player based on what they see/expect the individuals level should be after watching them week in week out.??

Question......do people base their rating for a game on that players performance in comparison to others on the pitch OR do they rate each player based on what they see/expect the individuals level should be after watching them week in week out.??
Try to go purely by what I see on the pitch. More to the point, do others check what ratings have already been posted first? Something I studiously avoid for fear of being influenced. Never listen to match commentaries for same reason.

I don't even watch the match before posting my ratings ...

Back