• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Swansea ratings thread

Maltese Falcon

Niko Kranjcar
Loris: 7. Solid as a rock; Never extend; made whatever routine saves needed to be done. So reassuring to see him in goal

Walker: 6 Defensively solid, one great overlap but offensively still looks deficient

Dawson: 7 Marshalled the defence well; excellent distribution from the back

Vertonghen: 7 Quietly effective

Rose: 6 Better in the first half but defensively competent. His big challenge will be the NLD

Capo-ue: 8 Monster; utter monster but with decent distribution. Keeps himself and the ball moving; often with opponents bouncing off him in the process

Paulinho 8: Sooo unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. I can see why people are calling him the new Lampard.

Dembele 5: Anonymous. I have long said it; he is not a creative player

Townsend 7: Tried too hard but that was to be expected. Most incisive moves came from him. Have great hopes for the kid

Chaldi 5: Unimpressive – should be no more than a substitute, at least until he gets the hang of PL football.

Soldado: 7 The penalty was his only kick at goal but he made intelligent runs all game. Deserves a 7 for the peace of mind that I now feel seeing him line up a penalty.

Siggy 5: Huffed and puffed but did not bring the house down; or even a window for that matter

Defoe 6: Decent cameo – kept the ball up well

Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Kaboul - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 6.5

Capoue -8
Paulinho - 8
Dembele - 6

Chadli - 6
Soldado - 7
Townsend - 7

Loris: 7. Solid as a rock; Never extend; made whatever routine saves needed to be done. So reassuring to see him in goal

Walker: 6 Defensively solid, one great overlap but offensively still looks deficient

Dawson: 7 Marshalled the defence well; excellent distribution from the back

Vertonghen: 7 Quietly effective

Rose: 6 Better in the first half but defensively competent. His big challenge will be the NLD

Capo-ue: 8 Monster; utter monster but with decent distribution. Keeps himself and the ball moving; often with opponents bouncing off him in the process

Paulinho 8: Sooo unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. I can see why people are calling him the new Lampard.

Dembele 5: Anonymous. I have long said it; he is not a creative player

Townsend 7: Tried too hard but that was to be expected. Most incisive moves came from him. Have great hopes for the kid

Chaldi 5: Unimpressive – should be no more than a substitute, at least until he gets the hang of PL football.

Soldado: 7 The penalty was his only kick at goal but he made intelligent runs all game. Deserves a 7 for the peace of mind that I now feel seeing him line up a penalty.

Siggy 5: Huffed and puffed but did not bring the house down; or even a window for that matter

Defoe 6: Decent cameo – kept the ball up well

Chadli done quite well defensively as it goes and took on his man a number of times. As for Sig a 5? he only had 20 minutes and done just as much as Defoe who got a 6?

Chadli done quite well defensively as it goes and took on his man a number of times. As for Sig a 5? he only had 20 minutes and done just as much as Defoe who got a 6?
Fair enough maybe a 6 for Chadli - but offensively he has been poor against both Palace and Swansea.

As for Siggy, he was brought on to keep possession and play an incisive counter-attacking pass; he did neither. At the end of the day Stop! Hammer time

Chadli has been more impressive in the second half in the games he's played - perhaps getting used to the side?

Think you are being a tad harsh on the offensive unit MF, I think it was a solid display all round. Never looked liked conceding and a chunk of the defensive work was done by the forwards and midfielders tracking back and hassling. Excellent in possession too. Where we did lack was indeed creativity but not just from Dembele but the midfield as a whole.

compare it to our first two home games last year and I am really pleased with the way we batted this one out.

Interestingly Chadli has the best rating on Who Scored. Had double the number of 'key passes' (i.e. last pass leading to an attempt on goal) than anyone else in the team. Struggling to remember them though, apart from the cross for Paulinho's volley in the first half.

Thought Dawson deserved an 8. Only Capue touched the ball more than him, and his distribution was excellent. And made a couple of key tackles too.

Lloris - 7 - Solid but not much to do.
Walker - 6.5 - Good defensively but lacked a bit going forward today.
Dawson - 6.5 - Good defender but again too many misplaced simple passes.
Vertonghen - 7 - Decent performance.
Rose - 7 - Getting better each game.
Capoue - 7.5 - Owned the midfield.
Paulinho - 8 - MOTM. Was everywhere today.
Townsend - 7 - Good performance but tried too hard to impress.
Dembele - 6 - Very quiet today and doesnt seem to suit the role in behind the striker.
Chadli - 5.5 - Anonymous today for the most part.
Soldado - 7 - Yet again lacked service but stepped up when he was needed.

Lacked creativity going forward but it was a decent win against a good side. Would like us to get a quality left winger and a quality creative midfielder so Soldado can actually get some service.

In an attacking sense Chadli wasn't very good at all but his work rate was superb and his tracking back was also superb.

Chadli - 5.5 - Anonymous today for the most part.

He completed more passes than any other player bar Dawson and Capoue.
He completed more passes than most people's motm and our 'playmaker' Paulinho.
I cant remember a Tottenham wide player to retain possession so well.

Can anyone post his passing patterns for the game? As I recollect, most of those "passes" were short stabs back to Rose, Paulinho and Capoue. Very few were incisive forward passes

He gave a good shift defensively so, as chicken badge commented, maybe i was a tad too harsh on him.

It blows my mind that anyone could possibly rate Dawson's distribution or see it as a positive thing.

His long balls into row q and useless dribbling out of the back make my eyes bleed.

Its all the more ludicrous when you see the he's is playing next to the infinitely more talented Vertonghen.

I can't remember him being mentioned at all and he didnt provide any attacking threat whatsoever. For an attacking midfielder/winger that's not great.

It blows my mind that anyone could possibly rate Dawson's distribution or see it as a positive thing.

His long balls into row q and useless dribbling out of the back make my eyes bleed.

Its all the more ludicrous when you see the he's is playing next to the infinitely more talented Vertonghen.

Totally agree.. only with less blood. :)

Lloris 7
Walker 6
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 7
Rose 6
Paulinho 8
Capoue 8
Townsend 7
Dembele 6
Chadli 5
Soldado 7

Defoe 6
Sigurðsson 5
Sandro n/a

Just like the palace game a lot of his cross field balls to Rose worked very well.

I can't remember him being mentioned at all and he didnt provide any attacking threat whatsoever. For an attacking midfielder/winger that's not great.

Maybe your commentator thought he was Demebele? I've no idea, I watched the game on a 2000kb river with russian commentators who I ignored.

Back