• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs-related AFCON and Asia Cup chatter banter

Bullet

Luka Modric
I know there is a full AFCON thread in the other section, but I rarely go over to that side of the forum, so I wouldn't realise a game had passed me by until too late.

Please can we have a small thread in here to alert me if there is Spurs-related interest please i.e. I don't give a monkey's about most games, but if Spurs are involved I want to watch it.

I see in 20 mins it is Ivory Coast vs Guinea Bissau and I believe there are no Spurs players but there is Evan Ndicka and Frank Kessie who we were interested in very recently. Serge Aurier is on the bench, there is a Spurs tangent. And Wily Boly.

Senegal Sarr is Monday at 2PM
Bissouma Mali is Tuesday at 8PM
Is there any other tangential Spurs interest going on e.g. ex players or future transfer targets?

Senegal Sarr is Monday at 2PM
Bissouma Mali is Tuesday at 8PM
Is there any other tangential Spurs interest going on e.g. ex players or future transfer targets?
South Korea Son is Monday at 11.30AM

Can we change the title to Spurs-related AFCON and Asia Cup chatter?

Btw it looks like all the teams are incredibly brick apart from South Korea so looks like Son will be gone for a long while.

Final is on the 10th Feb and then they will probably fly home and party for a few days.

So Wolves at home on the 17th Feb will likely be his first game back, same for Sarr if Senegal go all the way in the afcon as expected.

Bissouma could be back earlier if Mali don’t exceed expectations.

Btw it looks like all the teams are incredibly brick apart from South Korea so looks like Son will be gone for a long while.

Final is on the 10th Feb and then they will probably fly home and party for a few days.

So Wolves at home on the 17th Feb will likely be his first game back, same for Sarr if Senegal go all the way in the afcon as expected.

Bissouma could be back earlier if Mali don’t exceed expectations.

Could be a South Korea v Australia final

Spurs connection : I hadn't realised (or maybe just forgot) that Chrissy Hughton is now managing Ghana.
They just lost 1-2 to Cape Verde. Great celebrations from Cape Verde for their winning goal.

Spurs connection : I hadn't realised (or maybe just forgot) that Chrissy Hughton is now managing Ghana.
They just lost 1-2 to Cape Verde. Great celebrations from Cape Verde for their winning goal.
He’s had a couple of really poor results there recently. They lost to Comoros in November. Reckon he’ll do well to last long beyond the end of the tournament.

Not true at all. South Korea are obviously one of the favourites, but “all the teams are incredibly brick” is pretty naive. The quality is spread out in the group stage but Saudi Arabia (beat Argentina at the World Cup), Japan (beat Spain & Germany), Australia (beat Denmark and Tunisia) are all very strong teams. Add Iran, UAE and Qatar and there’s absolutely the potential South Korea go home early. They’ve not won it since 1960.

Assuming South Korea win their group, they likely face Iraq then Iran.

Not true at all. South Korea are obviously one of the favourites, but “all the teams are incredibly brick” is pretty naive. The quality is spread out in the group stage but Saudi Arabia (beat Argentina at the World Cup), Japan (beat Spain & Germany), Australia (beat Denmark and Tunisia) are all very strong teams. Add Iran, UAE and Qatar and there’s absolutely the potential South Korea go home early. They’ve not won it since 1960.

Assuming South Korea win their group, they likely face Iraq then Iran.
That’s good to hear!

I thought South Korea always won it but just realised I was thinking of the olympics when he won Gold and avoided military duty etc.

That’s good to hear!

I thought South Korea always won it but just realised I was thinking of the olympics when he won Gold and avoided military duty etc.
You'd think having Ange as manager now would help our fanbase make less sweeping, insulting and generalised comments about lesser known footballing regions...

Back