• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs pre-season Perth, Australia

Have to be honest, Ndombele is the player we have that most excites me because of what he can do on the ball. The skills he has are so rare in midfielders today. He's also been the biggest disappointment and I was convinced he was finished here.

If Ange can get a tune out of him, I might start to change my opinion on how successful I think he can be here.
Seems to be gelling with Bissouma

Ndombele went down with an injury yesterday, so not a surprise he is missing.

Son not quite fit enough? Was he last to join up with the squad?

I think there was a week off, but yeah.
Hopefully he can impress and be a good squad player

Just a bit shocked that he played through the whole season and didn't finish until 8th July and is already back starting this friendly 10 days later. Guy didn't really get a break did he?

*I know, I know, Handsomely paid footballers shouldn't need a break etc etc.

Just a bit shocked that he played through the whole season and didn't finish until 8th July and is already back starting this friendly 10 days later. Guy didn't really get a break did he?

I think you're making it sound more intense than it is. He didn't play in a lot of games for us, and he didn't feature much for the U21s in the tournament either. He's not exactly been run into the ground....

He didn't play much during the u21 games.
Only started 1 game, and a run out at the end for most of the other games.

Didn't play much at the start of last season either if I'm remembering correctly. So might think he is ok just to play on just now. Will probably be back on the bench when Bentancur is fit.

I think you're making it sound more intense than it is. He didn't play in a lot of games for us, and he didn't feature much for the U21s in the tournament either. He's not exactly been run into the ground....

Yeah I get that, still travelled everywhere and training for the whole season plus the extra month or so at the end for the Euros. Just thought he might get an extended holiday but who knows, maybe he had a break after the PL finished and before the Euros and he's happy and raring to go

Interesting things from line-ups and performances in friendlies for me are:

- how the RBs fit his system given we have very different options there, and whether where he uses Porro changes in coming weeks (RB or RW)

- whether Bisouma plays better as a 6 in his system, and/or how we gets on as a 8 (eg today) given Bisouma’s power and drive could be very useful further forwards

- which of the loanees from last season show the right attitude/desire to impress and do impress eg how does Reggie do today

I can’t watch today but intrigued to hear from those who do watch

Back