• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Player's Premier League Strike Rates 1992-93 to 2012-13

Surprised at that. Always seemed Pav had an impressive strike rate at the time. Maybe his minutes-played-per-goal (rather than appearances) looks better?

Pav's overall Premier League minutes-per-goal ratio was 194 for his Spurs career.

For the sake of reference:

Adebayor's was 167 last season.
Bent's was 181 in 08-09 and 191 in 07-08.
Defoe's was 386 in 10-11 and 144 in 09-10.
Berbatov's was 199 in his last season with us, Keane's was 182 that season.
Crouch's was 485 in 10-11 and 278 in 09-10.

Pav's overall figure is let down by his first and last seasons at Spurs. In 10-11 and 09-10 respectively, his ratios were 177 and 149 - good goalscoring rates.

SOURCE: Analysis of ESPN Soccernet data.

Pav didn't want to be 3/4th choice and Arry was never going to elevate him any higher than that. Ever.

I think he was a decent option but nothing more than that.

However - what I did find funny was many's assertion Saha was so much better. :lol:

I'd never say Saha is a better striker than Pav, but at that point in time it made sense. Pav had lost interest and I don't believe he would have added anything more than Saha.

Probably a discussion for another day / thread / never. :)

Back