• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Fans Will Have to Take Their Medicine If They Want to Stay Among the Big Boys

Re: Spurs Fans Will Have to Take Their Medicine If They Want to Stay Among the Big Bo

Its alarming is it not also that the property being bought by the club, is being transferred to another company which resides in the bahama's. Its said that this is being done to avoid putting all the debt onto Tottenham. I would call it Tax avoidance when it comes to selling the land to the council. Or when this company in the bahama's builds on it and sells the flats and therefore avoids paying tax on the profit.

Re: Spurs Fans Will Have to Take Their Medicine If They Want to Stay Among the Big Bo

I love these threads, they always go round in circles with lots of criticism, but no realistic alternative.

What the issue? Are we in a better position footballing wise than 10 years ago?
Yes.

Financially?
Yes

Are the people that achieved better off/going to be?
Yes

Do we have a better infrastructure and therefore future resources for growth?
Yes

Are we more stable?
Yes

Do most people want an out and sugar daddy ( rather than investors ).
No.

Are we in danger of doing a Leeds?
No ( because we are run sensibly)

I really don't get the issue, other than money has become so prominent in the game it has created greater imbalance ( I'm only 32 so can't really compare that statement to pre PL).

We are stable and well run. As with the nature of sport, some years we get a little better, some a little worse depending on the choices we make and the choices of other clubs.

We are in the most competitive lge in the world and are a solid top 5 team - that is not to be sneered.

And if you think it is, I have the 1998 best away day draws and corners vhs you can borrow.

I whole heartedly agree with your answers to your well chosen questions. ;)

Both are using the clubs money in order to achieve ownership of a bigger asset, detrimental to the daily running, shown up by the new TV money this year.

Why doesn't Levy and Lewis use there own money if they want a bigger asset, why not be transparent with what they are doing.. why buy back all the shares beforehand.. sod anyone else making a profit out of it. If they wanted to they could quite easily used the money they bought the shares for and put it into the stadium project. No.. they wanted as much of the asset before work started. All this bull$hit about doing it because banks wouldn't lend us the money is guff.. Our billionaire money trading owner who knows all the right people and knows his **** doesn't need to do that.
As owners they pretty much are not needed in the way they are going about doing the stadium. And as I have said many times, there are 100s of just as savy people as Levy in the business world. I'd argue over 70% of the Premier League are.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they hadn't of bought all the shares back.. that is when they should there hand. I would love the club to be 51% owned by the fans.. akin to what happens in Germany, which stops this. Now I am off to finish watching Animal Farm if you don't mind. 8-[
There is a big difference. The Glazers took out a loan to buy Manchester United and then paid off the loan with money taken out of the club. ENIC did not do the same when they bought Spurs and have put more of their own money into the club several times since. Because Spurs is a limited company, if they were to put more money in they could only do so if it was in the form of a loan or in return for more equity.

I whole heartedly agree with your answers to your well chosen questions. ;)

Well played sir!

For me they are the fundamental questions and most other things are irrelevant.
Comparisons with other regimes also somewhat moot, as my focus is on spurs being stable and progressive so I have a club to support now, and into the future.

Back