• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I'm certainly looking forward to the pace Son will bring for sure; i do worry he'll have a frustrating Chadli-like side to him in terms of tracking back though; either way, competition and options is GOOD.

I do think both Eriksen AND Lamela will benefit from being able to feed pacy players who'll push defences back or give the option of through balls (if the defence plays high)

I think we will only see Eriksen play now with a mix of Son, Chadli, Njie and Pricthard

I think we will only see Eriksen play now with a mix of Son, Chadli, Njie and Pricthard

For the next few weeks, perhaps, but there'll be plenty of EL games for EL to play his way back into confidence at least. It would be good that way at least for us to be able to sell him in January if that's where things still end up going..

Don't think son will be anything like chadli. He will start further back because if his acceleration and track back more.
I really like chadli and lamella but what one doesn't do and get criticism for(track back) is what to my view is hampering the other, I.e lamella tracking back. Son, from what I've seen of him will be able to do both with his pace and tenacity. Hopefully Nigel will be the same when he's ready.

I can either see him operating as the #10 or second striker. It all depends on how aggresively we are playing.

Yep, apparently you cannot shorten the country name and use it to refer to the people living in said country as its apparently "racists".

Without wanting to take this wildly off topic, it's not the name per se it's what that name has become associated with. Most people shorten their name no big deal, but look at Pakistani. The negative connotation associated with the abbreviation Paki makes it unusable. By using that word it is assumed it is with the negative connotation, so don't use it.

He will drift like how Chadli does from the wings. The question I have is how much defensive duties he has ...Chadli doesn't really help out much

Without wanting to take this wildly off topic, it's not the name per se it's what that name has become associated with. Most people shorten their name no big deal, but look at Pakistani. The negative connotation associated with the abbreviation Paki makes it unusable. By using that word it is assumed it is with the negative connotation, so don't use it.

Brits!

Scots.
You can't blame people for wanting to abbreviate names, but not all are done with good intentions. If it's been used as a negative, derogatory generalisation that can cause offence then any decent person should avoid using it.

Thats the problem with society, once that word is used in a negative manner there is no turning back from it. I'm sure if the word "paki" was not used so negatively, we would probably use it in the same context as Brits, Scots etc.

Think Son will make the bench at Sunderland. Looking forward to Qarabag. It'll be like the pre season friendly we usually have at the lane a week before the season starts, showcasing the new signings.

Would expect them all to start (Toby aside, who has settled so well it's like he's not a new signing)

Thats the problem with society, once that word is used in a negative manner there is no turning back from it. I'm sure if the word "paki" was not used so negatively, we would probably use it in the same context as Brits, Scots etc.

Word paki used around the world openly just not here due to the connotations as previously said

New Tottenham signing Son Heung-min has revealed that he isn't allowed to drive a red car due to the club's rivalry with Arsenal.

"Tottenham officials already told me I can’t even buy a red car," he told Korean newspaper JoongAng Ilbo.

The South Korean joined Spurs for a fee in the region of £18million- £22millionfrom Bayer Leverkusen in August, signing a five year deal and becoming the most expensive Asian player in history in the process.

Mauricio Pochettino is believed to have followed Heung-min for several years and tried to sign the forward during his time at Southampton.

The 23 year old is expected to start this weekend against Sunderland and will take the number seven shirt, after Aaron Lennon's move to Everton made it available.

"I’m very excited to play against Arsenal. Whatever match I play, I want to score goals. Since I’m a forward, my goal-scoring record will speak for me.

"Tottenham plays aggressive football, which I like very much, and I like to pressure opponents from the front. I think I can be a better player if I train under Pochettino."

This isn't the first time that a football club has treated colour coding seriously - Emirates Marketing Project ditched red tomato ketchup and prepared a blue sauce before a match against arch-rivals Manchester United in 2006.

Though they wouldn't reveal the secret ingredients which made the sauce taste so delicious and blue, the mysterious disappearance of Shaun Goater around the same time is surely too coincidental to ignore. If anyone has seen Shaun since 2006, please let the relevant authorities know.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11855991/Tottenham-new-boy-Son-Heung-min-not-allowed-to-buy-car-in-Arsenal-colours.html

Back