• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

^ it also said he chose to join Leverkusen over us the first time arund because he was advised against switching countries again so soon

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-will-be-a-success-at-tottenham-a2945121.html

Heung-Min Son prepares to make his Tottenham debut as the third-most expensive signing in the club’s history but he has been backed to succeed by one of their most popular players of recent times.

Son is expected to feature for Spurs at Sunderland on Sunday and, despite costing £22 million, he is relatively unknown to many fans in England, having spent his top-level career in the Bundesliga with Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen.

Yet Rafael van der Vaart, who played for Tottenham from 2010-12, is confident the South Korea forward will deliver.

The pair formed a strong understanding during a single season together at Hamburg, when they were nicknamed “Van der Vater (father) and Son”.

Van der Vaart told Standard Sport: “Spurs is not a bad move for Son. He was a great talent when I was playing with him at Hamburg and I think he has everything to be a success at Tottenham.”

"Spurs is not a bad move for Son."

Doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, does it?
Its all about the context of the question, reports coming out of Germany were that people felt it was a bad move for him, so someone has asked VDV, 'Is Spurs a bad move For Son?' He has possibly replied with above.

Main plus from today was that its clear that he has a footballing brain so should link up with other players who also have a brain like Eriksen, Kane, Mason and Bentaleb. The brawn (ie pace) would then come from Walker, Rose, Njie, Townsend

It could have gone plenty of ways.

I was disappointed but not concerned at all. He needs games and time and will be fine

He need shirked from the ball and always tried to be positive but he clearly isn't up to the speed of the league at the moment (shocker), but games will improve that

Back