• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I would expect those actions fall into the case of "actions within the normal course of employement". Much like if an employee makes an honest mistake doing what they are contracted to do wouldn't leave them liable at work.

Doing something outside the scope of their employment (going to play army) would make them liable for damages. Imagine an IT director downloaded some games, installed them on a server and used it to play during lunch. Those actions then led to £Ms lost data. That person could be liable for large amounts of those costs, even if their contract says nothing about it.

Van Persie said he would not sign a new contract when his runs out - ditto Son (probably), its the same thing so I don't have to imagine an IT director.

Deep Breath and...

Van Persie said he would not sign a new contract when his runs out - ditto Son (probably), its the same thing so I don't have to imagine an IT director.

Deep Breath and...
Arsenal had the option to sell sooner and recoup some of that value. Added to that, signing a new football contract (or not) is well within the bounds of "actions in the normal course of employment".

If Son said he wouldn't sign a new contract but wasn't going off to play paintball for two years, that would be the same as Van Persie. We would have the option to sell, just as Arsenal did, it would also be normal behaviour for a footballer regarding contracts. Serving military service is not normal behaviour for a footballer, it's not analogous to those footballers who you have mentioned.

Arsenal had the option to sell sooner and recoup some of that value. Added to that, signing a new football contract (or not) is well within the bounds of "actions in the normal course of employment".

If Son said he wouldn't sign a new contract but wasn't going off to play paintball for two years, that would be the same as Van Persie. We would have the option to sell, just as Arsenal did, it would also be normal behaviour for a footballer regarding contracts. Serving military service is not normal behaviour for a footballer, it's not analogous to those footballers who you have mentioned.
Military service is not normal for most footballers. However, it is normal for South Koreans. If the club didn't know that when they signed Son it's the fault of the club.

Military service is not normal for most footballers. However, it is normal for South Koreans. If the club didn't know that when they signed Son it's the fault of the club.
It's not an action in the course of normal employment though - that's what makes him possibly liable for our losses.

It's also perfectly reasonable (IMO) for us to tell him to stick the service - our needs are far more important.

Why don't we send Sissoko to do Son's national service? He'd be far more effective. A one-man-army. Win-win.

Surely we could find a Korean guy who look more like Son than Sissoko, pay him off and...no wait...that way we're stuck with Sissoko... nevermind.

*disclaimer: not all Koreans look the same. no racist.

It's not an action in the course of normal employment though - that's what makes him possibly liable for our losses.

It's also perfectly reasonable (IMO) for us to tell him to stick the service - our needs are far more important.
I agree that Tottenham is more important than the impact Son could have in the conflict between North and South Korea. However, I believe that the rules of a national government of a sovereign state over-ride the requirements of 'normal employment' in a different country.

Son would be breaking a law in the country of his birth to not serve in the military. Unless you think he should renounce his South Korean citizenship in order to be a good little worker.

Surely we could find a Korean guy who look more like Son than Sissoko, pay him off and...no wait...that way we're stuck with Sissoko... nevermind.

*disclaimer: not all Koreans look the same. no racist.
Get Sissoko to dress in North Korean uniform, and get Son to shoot him?

Maybe someone as iconic as Son telling them publicly where to stick their outdated rituals will be the tipping point that turns the new generation against it.
You probably haven't looked at a map of the region in a while to notice that they border with nuclear-armed North Korea, which would like nothing better than to turn the entire peninsula red. It's one thing when you are a country like Great Britain or the US and still require mandatory service. But when you have a clear and present danger on your border it's an entirely different story. By your logic Israel shouldn't have mandatory service either, because it's an outdated ritual. Seriously scara...

You probably haven't looked at a map of the region in a while to notice that they border with nuclear-armed North Korea, which would like nothing better than to turn the entire peninsula red. It's one thing when you are a country like Great Britain or the US and still require mandatory service. But when you have a clear and present danger on your border it's an entirely different story. By your logic Israel shouldn't have mandatory service either, because it's an outdated ritual. Seriously scara...
How good is Son at shooting nukes out of the sky?

Is he the incarnation of Superman from the 80s where he flies a bike up into space and destroys it there?

I agree that Tottenham is more important than the impact Son could have in the conflict between North and South Korea. However, I believe that the rules of a national government of a sovereign state over-ride the requirements of 'normal employment' in a different country.

Son would be breaking a law in the country of his birth to not serve in the military. Unless you think he should renounce his South Korean citizenship in order to be a good little worker.
I think he should do whatever it takes to give Spurs the best chance of success he can.

Anything else about him is irrelevant to me.

1eMZYHW.gif

You tell them that you'll ruin their career by sticking them in the stiffs and come up with excuses to fine 50% of their wages every week.

When was the last time a player ran down their contract against our will?
You can't "come up with excuses to fine them". The terms for fines are contractual. Additionally if somehow a club found a way round this or ignored the contractual terms then what sort of impact do you think that would have on the squad overall?.... many of which are likely to be friendly with Son.

You really should take r-u-s-x's advice on this one.

Those employees aren't assets.

Again, any employee knowingly causing an asset to lose £Ms of value should and would be taken to court for damages. Just because the player in question is that asset, there's no legal distinction that I know of.

This isn't about his contract, this is about his behaviour as an employee, acting outside the normal scope of how an employee should. This is not a normal situation and should not be judged by the contract-based events you're describing. This is an employee wilfully (and IMO, negligently) harming their employer's financial status.
The 'normal scope' of how a South Korean employee should behave is to perform his military service as is mandated by his country. If THFC tried to sue Son for doing so, having fulfilled his playing contract at THFC then we would lose the case and be liable for costs. Not only that but we would be a lauging stock.

The only way that we would have a case is if Son had something written into his Spurs contract that stated that he had agreed to renage on his national service commitments (which I doubt happened).

It is no wonder that you have previously made claims that you are rarely wrong Scara.... as even when you clearly are you have an incredible ability to fail to admit it. It is almost commendable. ;)

Back