• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I care because it is the clubs money and we should try to spend it as prudently as possible so the club can remain a potent force for a long time, when transfers fail it impacts the club I would have thought that was obvious.

I am getting behind the player but being able to question the value of spending so much on a player not suited to our league is what any sane person should do.

But you don't know what we spend. Just have faith in the hugely successful businessman running our club. For all the grief Levy cops, I don't think anyone would ever say he is irresponsible with money, even if big money signings fail to work out.

I had heard the name but I did not know anything about him before a couple of days ago but now I am really looking forward to seeing him play

I think there definitely will be a transition period of sorts. Since he's been in Germany since the age of 17 and is fluent in German, I think his transition would be more similar to a young German player moving to England than to another Korean player making the same move.

He's also going to be in London, which will help with his transition. There's a larger Korean diaspora, and there are two Korean internationals playing in West London to help with his transition as well.

At both HSV and Leverkusen, he was very close with his teammates as he has a very outgoing personality. If he strikes a good friendship with someone like Harry Kane, who similar in age, he should settle in nicely. I think his English is conversant enough with a heavy Germanic accent, so he should, hopefully, become fluent soon. He also seemed popular with the German media due to his personality and fluency, so I'm curious to see how he settles in that respect in London.

As for playing style, I think the faster pace of the English game suits him. There are some deficiencies in his game that Schmidt's system exposed at Leverkusen. He'll still need to work on those, but with pace being so heavily emphasised in England and with Eriksen creating chances, his weaknesses may actually be disguised better in England. So aside from pace, in terms of strength, he has incredibly thick legs. But I think he'll need to keep developing his upper body a little more, but that is something he needed to work on anyway in Germany.

I'm slightly worried as he hasn't been in great form when I watched him in June for the World Cup qualifiers and during his pre-season. The first match against Hoffenheim wasn't that great either. He seemed nonchalant with his off the ball movements and initiating the early press. At the same time, Pochettino's system is somewhat similar and in many ways, much less demanding than Schmidt's system. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

thank you, excellent post

about the upper body strength, Poch will sort it out. A lot of our players, especially Kane, have transformed their upper body shapes since Poch took over

a lot to look forward to

"He does not only score beautiful goals, but also makes them," said Franz Beckenbauer. "He's a super player. I really like the way he plays - fast and dynamic."

did he say that about Son? quite an endorsement from a legend

Amazed, and delighted, that we signed him & werent usurped by a late Chelsea bid this time. I'm cautiously optimistic about the signing.

Yes he's unproven in the PL, but proving himself in the German League is a big endorsement in that its of a similar technical standard and also similar from a physical point of view.

You know that feeling, when you just have a positive feeling that a signing is going to do well.....

Yes he's unproven in the PL, but proving himself in the German League is a big endorsement in that its of a similar technical standard and also similar from a physical point of view.

You know that feeling, when you just have a positive feeling that a signing is going to do well.....

Yeah, I have that too with him. Fingers crossed.

Thinking back I'm sure we've been linked to him at times for a season or two. I wonder if he has been a long term target and we went back to Leverkusen in the last few days and they were now willing to do business, if that's the case Son could well be a Baldini parting gift. :D

Thinking back I'm sure we've been linked to him at times for a season or two. I wonder if he has been a long term target and we went back to Leverkusen in the last few days and they were now willing to do business, if that's the case Son could well be a Baldini parting gift. :D

This is just ITK, but two of the mods on SC have said that JJetset mentioned Son to them on 30th June. He didn't want it made public.

Very excited by this signing. seems like exactly the sort of player we need....someone who can inject some pace and directness into the '3' behind Kane.

Will also give Eriksen some runners to pick out.....could be a huge addition for us

This is just ITK, but two of the mods on SC have said that JJetset mentioned Son to them on 30th June. He didn't want it made public.

I'm not saying that I believe JJetset, but it wouldn't surprise me if the negotiations i.e. the sounding out etc.... started then. It's just that this time, it didn't escape.

I'm excited for this signing. He's a player that seems to fit our wish-list of attributes that we want to fill and, whilst £18m seems a lot of money, is one where I don't think that we will lose a lot of that value if he doesn't work out for whatever reason. He has also shown a consistency in his performances which is good to know.

Back