• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Isn’t it pretty well known that players don’t play at 100% pretty much ever. They’re always carrying something. And we saw in AoN that coaches put a lot of pressure on players and medical teams to get players on the pitch. Yeah, obviously he should have had it treated looking at it now but I’d rather look at it as a lad doing everything he could to play for us. Footballers get derided for being pampered prima donnas and this fella went through the pain barrier to play for us for pretty much a season. I think it was a bit silly but I have a bit of admiration for him for it.

I thought he’d lost a fraction of pace which was going to be irreversible and he was on the decline. I really hope it was the injury and we get the Sonny we know and love back for next season.

He should have been sent for an operation. It’s on the club for letting him continue injured. He might have wanted to continue as he wanted to soldier on and not let anyone down but it’s not his choice, well not fully. We can’t force anyone to get surgery but we can strongly advise it. And he could have been told he wouldn’t be selected until he was fully recovered.

We could have given more game time to Richarlison and Gil and not sent the latter out on loan. Instead the club and player let us blame and criticise Son for not being at his usual levels when there was genuine reasons for it. The lack of transparency also is frustrating.

I hope that his surgery goes well and that he has a quick and full recovery. He’s one of the majority of Spurs supporters favourite players and when he’s at it, there are few opponents that can live with him, very few.

He should have been sent for an operation. It’s on the club for letting him continue injured. He might have wanted to continue as he wanted to soldier on and not let anyone down but it’s not his choice, well not fully. We can’t force anyone to get surgery but we can strongly advise it. And he could have been told he wouldn’t be selected until he was fully recovered.

We could have given more game time to Richarlison and Gil and not sent the latter out on loan. Instead the club and player let us blame and criticise Son for not being at his usual levels when there was genuine reasons for it. The lack of transparency also is frustrating.

I hope that his surgery goes well and that he has a quick and full recovery. He’s one of the majority of Spurs supporters favourite players and when he’s at it, there are few opponents that can live with him, very few.
You're assuming that Son told the medical that he was in pain etc. He could've covered up how much it was impacting him.
If he did tell then questions need to be asked of Conte (bit late) and the medical staff for allowing him to play. Conte should've dropped him anyway when he has other options.

Son seems to be coming out with excuses for his poor season, first it was the way Conte asked him to play and now blaming it on injuries. Hopefully it is due to the injury and not him just trying to deflect blame.

With the world cup in the middle of the season?

You're assuming that Son told the medical that he was in pain etc. He could've covered up how much it was impacting him.
If he did tell then questions need to be asked of Conte (bit late) and the medical staff for allowing him to play. Conte should've dropped him anyway when he has other options.

Son seems to be coming out with excuses for his poor season, first it was the way Conte asked him to play and now blaming it on injuries. Hopefully it is due to the injury and not him just trying to deflect blame.

Son more than any other player owns his brick, he's the only player in entire squad that took some/any blame for Conte's failure.

Team form and overly defensive tactics, his personal form (which is often heavily affected by his energy levels and confidence, hence why people think he's streaky), played in a way that doesn't suit him and injuries (and as someone else mentioned, most players are often carrying some kind of knock) have impacted him this season

Only the player can tell if he is in pain or not. The medical team can't check for every possible issue that a player could be suffering from, they rely on the player to give them the information.

Really unprofessional of Son. He has to know he's playing poorly and rather than get the cause sorted he continues playing to the detriment of both him and the team.

We cannot be sure that the culture of fear from Conte did not play into this. I suspect Conte would not have accepted it personally, but obviously have no basis for that other than opinion.

We cannot be sure that the culture of fear from Conte did not play into this. I suspect Conte would not have accepted it personally, but obviously have no basis for that other than opinion.
Possibly, but Son has to know if he's not in a proper condition to play. He could have done long term damage by not getting proper medical treatment.
Maybe he did and the medical team said he was ok but if that's the case...

Possibly, but Son has to know if he's not in a proper condition to play. He could have done long term damage by not getting proper medical treatment.
Maybe he did and the medical team said he was ok but if that's the case...

Agreed, there's an big issue here somewhere...

Agreed, there's an big issue here somewhere...

Exactly this, there are no definitive from the fan side other than guess work but as an opinion the fault lies somewhere in the middle.

His form and performances dropped off noticeably, if fans can see it then multimillion pound analyst and medical units would, at the very least even if people don't want to believe that it's not really up for argument that he shouldn't have been playing at many points in the season and that would have also compounded injuries.

Son could have and should have raised his hand to flag injuries but I findnit hard to believe that medical staff could not and would noy spot discomfort to the level he described in rub downs, yoga sessions and stretching.

not the first to have played through pain and won't be the last. i believe players themselves are the best judge since their career is at stake. king played through injury with long term repurcussions and so did kane when he turned up for the CL final before he was ready to return from injury.

not the first to have played through pain and won't be the last. i believe players themselves are the best judge since their career is at stake. king played through injury with long term repurcussions and so did kane when he turned up for the CL final before he was ready to return from injury.

You have used two examples where their judgement was flawed haha.

Players need saving from themselves, especially when it comes to medical science

even more reason to do it, a whole extra month of recovery without missing anything important
I'm so fudging sick of comments like that.
You (English people) sticking your nose high, and think the world of football is just the Premier league, and all other football is brick and no one cares.

Well you're fudging wrong! Just stop this idiotic disregard for anything other than the premier league. It's boring, and it makes you look like more tits than you actually are.
Just stop it.

You (English people) sticking your nose high, and think the world of football is just the Premier league, and all other football is brick and no one cares.

Well you're fudging wrong! Just stop this idiotic disregard for anything other than the premier league. It's boring, and it makes you look like more tits than you actually are.
Just stop it.
It's just typical Baleforce trolling rather than the attitude of all English

Yeh there is certainly has been a level.of fear in sport, high profile cases of players being asked/urged to play through all kinds. Injection culture too. Not saying Conte BTW but it's why most medical staff take the overarching decisions and that's how it should be. Can't be leaving it to players or managers IMO

Just stop it.

it's nothing to do with being English*, and it's not just the PL, its many top leagues and of course the CL

football has shifted massively in the last 30 years, the world has, the world cup is a relic of the past, international football is kind of pointless, it shouldn't matter where someone was born, I find the idea of national pride, or that you can get some kind of associated glory from it, ridiculous, be proud of people for who they are, not the bit of land they popped out on

*I am English, and reasonably ashamed of that, an embarrassingly xenophobic, selfish and self sabotaging little island.

it's nothing to do with being English*, and it's not just the PL, its many top leagues and of course the CL

football has shifted massively in the last 30 years, the world has, the world cup is a relic of the past, international football is kind of pointless, it shouldn't matter where someone was born, I find the idea of national pride, or that you can get some kind of associated glory from it, ridiculous, be proud of people for who they are, not the bit of land they popped out on

*I am English, and reasonably ashamed of that, an embarrassingly xenophobic, selfish and self sabotaging little island.

Ok I’ll ask :D what it is exactly that you are ashamed of?

And I disagree with your opinion about the World Cup. Messi certainly did not react like it was no big deal when Argentina won it, nor did the French who lost. I take the point about the CL being more important and growing to something more than it was 30 years but that is largely down to money. Winning the World Cup is still something that every footballer wants on their CV. I don’t know if it’s the number one trophy anymore, but ask Ronaldo how he felt after Portugal were knocked out by Morocco and then he had to watch Messi go on and win it.

You just confirmed my point.
YOU think it's pointless and meaningless. Almost every footballer wants to play for their national team and represent their country. It means A LOT to them, more than their club for many, as they actually have a connection to their national team, unlike their club, who is just their day job, who they otherwise don't really have any connection to.

Back