• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

What if our results suffer while we are waiting on him to regain form?
Personally I would play him on Saturday, he has good memories from this fixture, and I would tell him to go out there and let rip, but after this game he must expect some bench time. Not just because of his form but for rotation.

I think that’s more than fair. He has a good record against city, but I 100% agree he should be on the bench either against Lisbon or Leicester. We need to see how Kane, Kulu and Richarlison play together from the start at the very least.

I think that’s more than fair. He has a good record against city, but I 100% agree he should be on the bench either against Lisbon or Leicester. We need to see how Kane, Kulu and Richarlison play together from the start at the very least.

It might just be what he needs, take some pressure off him.

What if our results suffer while we are waiting on him to regain form?
Personally I would play him on Saturday, he has good memories from this fixture, and I would tell him to go out there and let rip, but after this game he must expect some bench time. Not just because of his form but for rotation.

That's what i meant when i said it's a paradox.

That's what i meant when i said it's a paradox.

It's not clear in my answer but I was agreeing with you, sticking with him just now (especially first game of cl group) isn't a big gamble. Should still have a very good chance of qualifying.
City game away is a bit of a free hit.
So if he plays through those and hits form great, but the next run of games is important and that is where it is a gamble.
I trust conte to know what is happening and do the right thing.

Son does have blips, but this is more than that imho. Long term not worry about it at all.
Something that does worry me though is how badly he and kane reacted to the pre season fitness wise. Really surprised at that, especially son.

how did they react to it?

Son does have blips, but this is more than that imho. Long term not worry about it at all.
Something that does worry me though is how badly he and kane reacted to the pre season fitness wise. Really surprised at that, especially son.

I think Kane is now in that Wayne Rooney area where he has to get a head of steam from a number of games or it just does not click for him. He is alot trimmer than he has been based on what I have seen so I would not put that on pure fitness more how his body copes now.

Son just seems lost more than unfit in my opinion

how did they react to it?

Kane was sick and looked totally knackered and son passed out.
Not totally surprised by harry, I'm sure he knows what he is doing and how to manage his body. During the break I'm sure he lets his regime slip a bit and knows he will have to make it up, conte obviously surprised him.
But surprised at son, thought he was a fitness freak, well driven to be a fitness freak by his dad.

I think Kane is now in that Wayne Rooney area where he has to get a head of steam from a number of games or it just does not click for him. He is alot trimmer than he has been based on what I have seen so I would not put that on pure fitness more how his body copes now.

Son just seems lost more than unfit in my opinion

Don’t think harry is there yet, but can see him turning out like that.
Sons problems do seem to me to be in his head.

He was also in the top 10 for chances created in the last two seasons. I get assists can sometimes be simple passes but chances created shows that a player is creative. Are chances nothing also?

I don’t get how someone can love Lamela who spent so much time injured and only scored about 4 goals a season when he was fit but not rate Son who scores circa 15 league goals year in year out :D
Never said i loved Lamela, just said his brickhousery along with Richie and Romero would have been great to see.

What are Royales chances created stats just out of curiosity?

Never said i loved Lamela, just said his brickhousery along with Richie and Romero would have been great to see.

What are Royales chances created stats just out of curiosity?

No idea re Royal. Let’s see if he can get in the top 10 over the course of a season or two like Son has. Son is actually in the top 10 for chances created this season believe it or not. Now I wouldn’t for one moment point to that and use it as evidence to say he is playing well, but to say he does nothing other than score isn’t really true either is it? 3-4 years ago it was but he’s a more well-rounded player now.

Not totally surprised by harry, I'm sure he knows what he is doing and how to manage his body. During the break I'm sure he lets his regime slip a bit and knows he will have to make it up, conte obviously surprised him.
But surprised at son, thought he was a fitness freak, well driven to be a fitness freak by his dad.

I thought it was a bunch of players that reacted like that rather than just those two? The later returning to preseason players reacting the worst

We have all seen Son have these runs before ( not scoring) and he usually comes out the other side and does well again. HOWEVER in the past we have had to play him because we had no altenatives, now we have options ( good ones) and i see no reason not to use them and allow Son to be left out for a couple of games.

I thought it was a bunch of players that reacted like that rather than just those two? The later returning to preseason players reacting the worst
Very probably, they two seemed the worst and i don't think any others passed out, so much so that in the stadium there was some concern for son.
Some of that was no doubt because it was son and they were in South Korea, but he really didn't look good, and it surprised me tbh.

Very probably, they two seemed the worst and i don't think any others passed out, so much so that in the stadium there was some concern for son.
Some of that was no doubt because it was son and they were in South Korea, but he really didn't look good, and it surprised me tbh.

Sons first bit of preseason was actually that training in Korea though, he had extended leave and met the group out there iirc so didn't even have the usual easing in to things at Hotspur what that the others had.

I do think that the rigorous preseason training is potentially playing it's part in our slow start to the season - how much is down to that and whether it'll have it's benefits later in the day remains to be seen.

They weren't the worst, the majority of the team were in a bundle after it. Doherty basically collapsed on the side and couldn't move for ages.
It was a torture session and one of Kanes and Sons first training sessions. They'll be in much better shape now.

Sons first bit of preseason was actually that training in Korea though, he had extended leave and met the group out there iirc so didn't even have the usual easing in to things at Hotspur what that the others had.

I do think that the rigorous preseason training is potentially playing it's part in our slow start to the season - how much is down to that and whether it'll have it's benefits later in the day remains to be seen.

I think the training is taking its toll just now but will pay dividends later.

I'm surprised that son wasn't keeping up his fitness. Note that isn't a criticism, its an observation of what i think is son and his fathers drive for perfection. Obviously he is still keeping it up there but i expected it to be higher.

They weren't the worst, the majority of the team were in a bundle after it. Doherty basically collapsed on the side and couldn't move for ages.
It was a torture session and one of Kanes and Sons first training sessions. They'll be in much better shape now.

I would class passing out as worse than not being able to move.

I think the training is taking its toll just now but will pay dividends later.

I'm surprised that son wasn't keeping up his fitness. Note that isn't a criticism, its an observation of what i think is son and his fathers drive for perfection. Obviously he is still keeping it up there but i expected it to be higher.

There's keeping up with fitness and then there's being able to cope with sessions like the ones described as taking place in Korea - there's a reason why the drills took place once the majority of the squad had been back at least a week

Harry and son came back to training later. The others had already had over a week doing the runs.

Back