• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Need to take advantage of the form players, what if they lose form sitting on the bench?

I agree it’s a tough call. I love Kulusevski and think it’s harsh to bench him but I can see why Conte wants to persist with Son and get him firing again. Maybe a topic for a different thread, but I’d question Conte more for playing Royal every single game regardless of the calibre of opposition when we have 3 RWB’s competing for that spot and he has rotated the LWB’s and other positions in the team, especially when he offers very little going forward against teams who are a big cagey against us and we need more of an attacking threat at RWB.

I agree it’s a tough call. I love Kulusevski and think it’s harsh to bench him but I can see why Conte wants to persist with Son and get him firing again. Maybe a topic for a different thread, but I’d question Conte more for playing Royal every single game regardless of the calibre of opposition when we have 3 RWB’s competing for that spot and he has rotated the LWB’s and other positions in the team, especially when he offers very little going forward against teams who are a big cagey against us and we need more of an attacking threat at RWB.

Loving conte, was really hopefully he would sort out some of our longstanding issues, but some persist.

Royal as an apparent automatic starter. Obviously not royal per se, but this certain players cannot be rotated.
Corners, either son is brick at them or short corners don't work. Stop doing it.
Harry should be nowhere near free-kicks, ever again, in fact id sack conte if he ever lets kane take another free kick. You cannot keep failing at something but keep doing it.
Subs, what is it with us and subs?

Loving conte, was really hopefully he would sort out some of our longstanding issues, but some persist.

Royal as an apparent automatic starter. Obviously not royal per se, but this certain players cannot be rotated.
Corners, either son is brick at them or short corners don't work. Stop doing it.
Harry should be nowhere near free-kicks, ever again, in fact id sack conte if he ever lets kane take another free kick. You cannot keep failing at something but keep doing it.
Subs, what is it with us and subs?

I just don’t understand what Docherty did wrong other than get injured towards the end of last season. He had become first choice. Now he only gets 5 mins at the end of a game but he rotates Sess and Perisic even though Perisic has been far better than Royal. It’s not like Royal is completely unplayable, he’s excellent defensively but offers zilch going forward.

Totally agree about Kane and free kicks. He’s dreadful at them and shouldn’t be anywhere near them.

I just don’t understand what Docherty did wrong other than get injured towards the end of last season. He had become first choice. Now he only gets 5 mins at the end of a game but he rotates Sess and Perisic even though Perisic has been far better than Royal. It’s not like Royal is completely unplayable, he’s excellent defensively but offers zilch going forward.

Totally agree about Kane and free kicks. He’s dreadful at them and shouldn’t be anywhere near them.

They see him in training every day. So it might be he hasn't fully recovered from his injury, or something else. There will be a reason even if we as fans don't know what the reason is.

I'm a fan of royal, and think he is excellent in his strengths, but his weaknesses at the other end are unmistakable.
If son and kane were in top form it would probably not matter as much, but to me it is just another cog that just isn't the quite the correct fit, the correct fit is sitting on the bench.

flimflam. Been in the top 10/20 for assists in the league in the last 3 seasons. No one has ever bid for Mo Salah or KDB. Doesn’t mean no clubs want them.
And watch the assists he gets, 8/10 its a simple pass to Kane who scores from silly positions.

What does he do off the ball? He doesn’t tackle, he ducks headers and when he does go on a run he runs into blind alleys then passes backwards. He is a goalscorer, when he is not scoring he adds nothing to the team other than the fear he may curl one in. Its no coincidence that when he is out of form its because Harry Kane isn’t and vice versa.

And watch the assists he gets, 8/10 its a simple pass to Kane who scores from silly positions.

What does he do off the ball? He doesn’t tackle, he ducks headers and when he does go on a run he runs into blind alleys then passes backwards. He is a goalscorer, when he is not scoring he adds nothing to the team other than the fear he may curl one in. Its no coincidence that when he is out of form its because Harry Kane isn’t and vice versa.
Son covers a lot of ground. Strikers won't tackle but he's doing his part crowding out his side of the pitch. Then he goes forward and many times ends up ahead of Kane.

Will be interesting to see running stats for all our strikers this season.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Son is as poor defensively as royal is in attack, its a trade off.
In the past when his contribution in attack was poor it was worth keeping him on because there was always a chance of a spark of brilliance, that looks a long way off just now, he should be benched.

He was also in the top 10 for chances created in the last two seasons. I get assists can sometimes be simple passes but chances created shows that a player is creative. Are chances nothing also?

I don’t get how someone can love Lamela who spent so much time injured and only scored about 4 goals a season when he was fit but not rate Son who scores circa 15 league goals year in year out :D

I'm a fan of royal, and think he is excellent in his strengths, but his weaknesses at the other end are unmistakable.
If son and kane were in top form it would probably not matter as much, but to me it is just another cog that just isn't the quite the correct fit, the correct fit is sitting on the bench.
Let’s not forget there is more than one way to skin a cat in regards to Royal. Yes he isn’t this fabulously marauding winger who beats three players before whipping in a perfect cross for us to score. But he does benefit our attacking play. For the first Fulham goal he won the ball high up near Fulham’s penalty box that led to Hojbergs goal. Against Southampton he won the ball deep in our half, then drove into the opposition half of the pitch to create the own goal vs Southampton. I’m sure there are other examples, I have a terrible memory. Conte isn’t stupid and obviously recognises he isn’t the most dynamic of attacking wingbacks, but clearly thinks he adds something to our attacking otherwise he wouldn’t be playing…..

Let’s not forget there is more than one way to skin a cat in regards to Royal. Yes he isn’t this fabulously marauding winger who beats three players before whipping in a perfect cross for us to score. But he does benefit our attacking play. For the first Fulham goal he won the ball high up near Fulham’s penalty box that led to Hojbergs goal. Against Southampton he won the ball deep in our half, then drove into the opposition half of the pitch to create the own goal vs Southampton. I’m sure there are other examples, I have a terrible memory. Conte isn’t stupid and obviously recognises he isn’t the most dynamic of attacking wingbacks, but clearly thinks he adds something to our attacking otherwise he wouldn’t be playing…..

I agree with some of that, but it’s unnecessary for him to play every single game when we have other players who are more effective going forward in his position. Docherty did nothing wrong besides getting injured. He rotated Sess and Perisic depending on the opposition so I don’t know why he doesn’t play Docherty when we play more stubborn teams. Royal has his uses, for example he would be the best choice for the game on city where we need to keep it tight.

I certainly think royal contributes to our attack than is obvious, he has a good understanding and links well with kuku for example. And although his crosses aren't fantastic the movement from our cf is not great atm.
But i find it odd that he seems to be the go to guy with minimal rotation. The rotation for some players seems odd to me.

I certainly think royal contributes to our attack than is obvious, he has a good understanding and links well with kuku for example. And although his crosses aren't fantastic the movement from our cf is not great atm.
But i find it odd that he seems to be the go to guy with minimal rotation. The rotation for some players seems odd to me.

There does seem to be an element of "untouchables" at the moment of which PEH, Royal and others seem to be part of, but then again as I said on another thread and I will say about Sons form, we are 6 games in to whats likely to be a 60 game season so I will give Conte the benefit of the doubt now as I will Son who I have seen have slumps to only explode into life before. Yes Sons form is a worry and people will paint it worse now because its a live example but its nothing I have not seen before from him

There does seem to be an element of "untouchables" at the moment of which PEH, Royal and others seem to be part of, but then again as I said on another thread and I will say about Sons form, we are 6 games in to whats likely to be a 60 game season so I will give Conte the benefit of the doubt now as I will Son who I have seen have slumps to only explode into life before. Yes Sons form is a worry and people will paint it worse now because its a live example but its nothing I have not seen before from him

That's the paradox. His form can only change if he's playing. If kane hadn't gone for the header making sons goal offside think that would have sparked him.

Son does have blips, but this is more than that imho. Long term not worry about it at all.
Something that does worry me though is how badly he and kane reacted to the pre season fitness wise. Really surprised at that, especially son.

That's the paradox. His form can only change if he's playing. If kane hadn't gone for the header making sons goal offside think that would have sparked him.

What if our results suffer while we are waiting on him to regain form?
Personally I would play him on Saturday, he has good memories from this fixture, and I would tell him to go out there and let rip, but after this game he must expect some bench time. Not just because of his form but for rotation.

Back