• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

So you believe that Son when not in form is still a very good player? You don’t see him run into trouble, fall over, pass backwards and not take on a man?

I am not doubting his stats but the bigger picture is, when he is not in form he is shocking.

Not sure about “very good” as not many players in world football are “very good” when off form. But yes, he’s more than just a goal scorer, he’s one of our most creative players in the team. If we can sign another forward of similar quality to provide competition then great. But for now we don’t have any other players who’s close to his level so id back him to play his way out of bad form.

Which forwards in the PL would you swap him for?

Not sure about “very good” as not many players in world football are “very good” when off form. But yes, he’s more than just a goal scorer, he’s one of our most creative players in the team. If we can sign another forward of similar quality to provide competition then great. But for now we don’t have any other players who’s close to his level so id back him to play his way out of bad form.

No one, he's great. It's just that most great players can also be streaky, and I would manage them all the same.

How can players get to a level if they are not given a proper opportunity? Whats the biggest run Bergjwin has had in our side?

Salah for one and Foden all day long.

How can players get to a level if they are not given a proper opportunity? Whats the biggest run Bergjwin has had in our side?

Salah for one and Foden all day long.

Bergwijn has to make himself undroppable in order to displace Son. He’s done much better this season but he’s a long way from Son’s level. It’s not like Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project who have forwards of similar quality on the bench. Son and Kane don’t play well every single game but if either were injured for a prolonged spell we would struggle, without question. Overall, has Son had a good season?

No argument about Salah, but Foden? He’s a quality player but nowhere near as prolific as Son. Imagine how many goals he would get in Emirates Marketing Project’s team with the level of service on offer.

Bergwijn has to make himself undroppable in order to displace Son. He’s done much better this season but he’s a long way from Son’s level. It’s not like Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project who have forwards of similar quality on the bench. Son and Kane don’t play well every single game but if either were injured for a prolonged spell we would struggle, without question. Overall, has Son had a good season?

No argument about Salah, but Foden? He’s a quality player but nowhere near as prolific as Son. Imagine how many goals he would get in Emirates Marketing Project’s team with the level of service on offer.

So you think Son and Kane are undroppable? Maybe this is why we never win anything, maybe we are too soft on these type of players when they are playing brick.

Goal scoring wise Son has had a good season but overall performance has not been great, when we were tinkle poor so was he, but people forget how bad we were for parts of this season now we are winning and looking good.

So you think Son and Kane are undroppable? Maybe this is why we never win anything, maybe we are too soft on these type of players when they are playing brick.

Goal scoring wise Son has had a good season but overall performance has not been great, when we were tinkle poor so was he, but people forget how bad we were for parts of this season now we are winning and looking good.

At the moment they are yes. Because they are miles better than the options on the bench. I do not think that is even debatable. Docherty is a fine example of a player who every one thought was done at Spurs, but he’s come in and made himself first choice at RB and has even kept Reguilon out at LB.

No one has forgotten how bad we were. All players have bad runs of form. But Son’s biggest goal drought this season has been four games. If you had asked me in December If son was having a good season I would have said no but you have to take into account his form in 2022 and his overall goal tally, he’s already equalled his best goal return with 7 games left.

When would you have dropped son and for how long?

They absolutely are undroppable. And the reason we win nowt has nothing to do with Kane and Son.

They absolutely are undroppable. And the reason we win nowt has nothing to do with Kane and Son.
Some people simply don't like certain players, as is their right.

The fact that in the past three seasons Son's record is 11 goals 10 assists (19-20 in 30 games), 17 goals 10 assists (20-21 in 37 games), 17 goals 6 assists THIS SEASON in 28, the fact that he is part of the PREMIER LEAGUE record partnership with Kane, the fact that EVERY manager we have had has consistently played him obviously counts for nothing for some people. Again, we all have our rights of criticism, and to slag him off after a three goal performance is also total allowable.

The fact that in the past three seasons Son's record is 11 goals 10 assists (19-20 in 30 games), 17 goals 10 assists (20-21 in 37 games), 17 goals 6 assists THIS SEASON in 28, the fact that he is part of the PREMIER LEAGUE record partnership with Kane, the fact that EVERY manager we have had has consistently played him obviously counts for nothing for some people. Again, we all have our rights of criticism, and to slag him off after a three goal performance is also total allowable.

Who slagged him off after yesterday?
He has been criticised for poor displays, games where he spent more time on the floor than on his feet, games where he couldn't pass 5 yards, games where he didn't help out his fb, and if you can take the praise when its due you should take the criticism when its due.
Which in fairness to Sonny he probably can, look at Saturday, first thing he does in the interview is praise hugo. Son will be his own biggest critic and he will know that there has been times where he hasn't been at his best, but he keeps going, and if he was benched (which i personally think he should have been) he won't sulk, he will support his replacement but work his arse off to get his place back.

Who slagged him off after yesterday?
He has been criticised for poor displays, games where he spent more time on the floor than on his feet, games where he couldn't pass 5 yards, games where he didn't help out his fb, and if you can take the praise when its due you should take the criticism when its due.
Which in fairness to Sonny he probably can, look at Saturday, first thing he does in the interview is praise hugo. Son will be his own biggest critic and he will know that there has been times where he hasn't been at his best, but he keeps going, and if he was benched (which i personally think he should have been) he won't sulk, he will support his replacement but work his arse off to get his place back.
Read the thread. Even on this page. That’s why I jumped in. And you’re spot on that every player (almost) could improve. And son, like most, has had to adapt to a new system and way of playing and looked lost for a few games. Yet his stats and importance to the team beyond stats leave him as one of our best players.

Last edited:

Never said I don’t like him, my argument is fans burying their head in the sand when a fan favourite plays brick for weeks then picks up form.

Never said I don’t like him, my argument is fans burying their head in the sand when a fan favourite plays brick for weeks then picks up form.

Nobodys buried their heads in the sand. We all know son had a dip in form.

Nobodys buried their heads in the sand. We all know son had a dip in form.

Lets not act like the last 2 or 3 games have not bulked up his numbers. I would have dropped him while he was out injured after Bergjwin single handedly won us that Leicester game until he started showing something off of the bench and if Bergjwin was not doing well.

Read the thread. Even on this page. That’s why I jumped in. And you’re spot on that every player (almost) could improve. And son, like most, has had to adapt to a new system and way of playing and looked lost for a few games. Yet his stats and importance to the team beyond stats leave him as one of our best players.

No one is slagging him off on his current form, some are saying that there was, past tense, a case for dropping him.
When on top form he is definitely one of our best players, when he isn't he is still pretty good, but he does have spells where he is no better than average.
I love sonny, but there is occasions where imho a few games on the bench or being subbed off would be justified.

So that Champions league final may not have gone differently if an in form Lucas played instead of an out of form Kane?

It may have, it may not. It still would have been 0-1 after 1 a minute which was the game changer. Lucas is also not exactly the most reliable of players - he missed our best chance that night IIRC (not that it was easy). Kane also wasn't out of form, he was just returning from injury.

I would have played Lucas that night. Not sure where but I wouldn't have played him over Harry. Harry is, and was, absolutely world class. It's the biggest game in your club's history, I can 100% understand why Poch went with the team he did.

It may have, it may not. It still would have been 0-1 after 1 a minute which was the game changer. Lucas is also not exactly the most reliable of players - he missed our best chance that night IIRC (not that it was easy). Kane also wasn't out of form, he was just returning from injury.

I would have played Lucas that night. Not sure where but I wouldn't have played him over Harry. Harry is, and was, absolutely world class. It's the biggest game in your club's history, I can 100% understand why Poch went with the team he did.

Ifs and buts and candy nuts as the saying goes.
Let's be honest no one really knows what is going to happen, you put out what you hope is going to work but it is all really guess work. Some rise to the occasion, some freeze, somebody may just have a bad night and another has the game of his life. The ref might have a mare, or be a homer.
There is so many variables that its impossible to judge, and that's why we love it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

On the harry over moura, all i will say is that I'm glad i didn't have to make that decision.
Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

No one is slagging him off on his current form, some are saying that there was, past tense, a case for dropping him.
When on top form he is definitely one of our best players, when he isn't he is still pretty good, but he does have spells where he is no better than average.
I love sonny, but there is occasions where imho a few games on the bench or being subbed off would be justified.

Subbing off is fine. Sometimes you have to haul players off it is isn’t happening for them. But benching for Bergwijn? Nah, not for me. His form wasn’t that bad and that prolonged to warrant it IMO.

Back