• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He seems to have a knack for being in the right place. That said I thought CLinton looked very good today, pace on the attack. Some nice passes and build up. Lamela worked very hard today but it was one of his games with no real end product.

Pochettino said that Son should be back "3 weeks maximum" so fingers crossed that our talisman is match fit in time for the NLD...

With Son: 4 wins, 0 draws, 0 defeats; 9 goals scored, 2 conceded.

Sans Son: 0 wins, 6 draws, 3 defeats; 8 goals scored, 10 conceded.

Pochettino said that Son should be back "3 weeks maximum" so fingers crossed that our talisman is match fit in time for the NLD...

With Son: 4 wins, 0 draws, 0 defeats; 9 goals scored, 2 conceded.

Sans Son: 0 wins, 6 draws, 3 defeats; 8 goals scored, 10 conceded.

We do need back as soon as possiable.

Often omitted in reports (even when mentioned in the interview/press release) ... whether it's back 'in training', 'on the bench', 'fully match fit'.

Not that it's ever an exact science.

Yes, love to have him back and 100% - but already wondering whether he'll be our Ledley King striker.

Often omitted in reports (even when mentioned in the interview/press release) ... whether it's back 'in training', 'on the bench', 'fully match fit'.

Not that it's ever an exact science.

Yes, love to have him back and 100% - but already wondering whether he'll be our Ledley King striker.

You mean like Anderton ! We have been suffering from the Anderton jinx ever since he joined us. Every season, there is atleast 1 player who get injury-prone.

You mean like Anderton ! We have been suffering from the Anderton jinx ever since he joined us. Every season, there is atleast 1 player who get injury-prone.

I was thinking more like Ledley King (perhaps I should have mentioned him, silly me!). A player who cannot be used in every match and/or train repeatedly. The idea being to prevent a condition flaring up ..... Anderton was more an injury magnet.

WTF is going on here, plays for 2 mins and now a crock, is this an anderton thing all over again

Let's hope he is not the new Anderton ! It will be really disappointing if Son gets a long term injury after only playing a few times for us.

Yeah would hate to think he only played 299 games for us, When will IDIOTS stop buying into all the anti Spurs crap the media have been pedalling for years, sure he did have injury problems but he was a terrific player for us and anyone who doesn't recognise that know f*** all about football.

Yeah would hate to think he only played 299 games for us, When will IDIOTS stop buying into all the anti Spurs crap the media have been pedalling for years, sure he did have injury problems but he was a terrific player for us and anyone who doesn't recognise that know f*** all about football.
It's always like that. Some "important" pundit (and stop and think a little about who those pundits are) throw out a completely wrong and idiotic comment, some other macaron in another media house copy it, and suddenly it's become a fact, and most people buy into it. Sometimes the stupidity and lack of common sense people have, amaze me!

Last edited:
Anderton played 379 games for Tottenham.
299 was just the league games.

It looks impressive. But you have to remember that Anderton was at Spurs for 12 long years. He was very good and injury-free for the first 3 years but become injury-prone after that. For the following 9 years, his appearances for us had been on and off due to the injury problems.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/jun/05/theknowledge.sport:

"Throw international caps into the equation and Anderton shoots even further ahead, bringing his average number of senior appearances for club and country to a whopping 40.9 matches per season."

That's not too shabby, I'd say. He had a spell of three years, from 95-95, where he only played 43 games for us. Apart from that I don't think his injury problems were very extraordinary.

problem with Anderton was that we never seriously had a plan b without him in the starting eleven.

Back