• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min Signs - Official

We did buy a Belgian and he was duff.

blondel_jonathan.jpg

He actually retired last season at the age of 31 after 13 surgical procedures in 12 years. Last game he played was in August 2013.

Not on Champ Man back in the day! And buying an established international is a bit different than a kid, but I get your point as I had forgotten about Blondel.

Didn't he make his debut in a NLD and look decent? Remember there was a fair bit of hype around us signing him.

The South Korea international has emerged as a forward target for Spurs, who have failed to reach an agreement for Saido Berahino, and a deal looks to be edging nearer

Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller has confirmed that Heung-Min Son had a medical atTottenham on Wednesday ahead of a potential move, but maintains that no deal has yet been struck.

Spurs have long been pursuing a move for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, but saw a second bid for the 22-year-old rejected on Tuesday.

The club appear to have subsequently turned their attentions to the South Korea international, who scored 17 goals in all competitions last season, but Voller insists that the two clubs are yet to formally agree a transfer.

"There is a request and there are talks. But nothing is done. Son would not have played today anyway, he was sick at the weekend already. At this moment he is our player,” he told Sky.

"I saw many medicals in this business where there was no deal afterwards.

"We will try to reach an agreement, but only under our conditions."

ive seen him in the flesh once and a number of times on tv for korea and for bl in the ucl. he never impressed me tbh. his back to goal play is poor and his first isnt good either. basically he needs the ball played in front of him.

having said that, his scoring stats for hamburg and bl are insane. and from his youtube vids you can see he is a great finisher with both feet. decent dribbler too.

he has a lot of tenacity, and i think he could work well in poch's system and work well with kane.

not sure if hes worth anything close to 30m e tho.

If this goes through and Berahino gets done, we are really just a DM away from having a really well balanced squad. Shame it couldn't have happened three weeks sooner, but better late than never, I guess.

GK: Lloris, Vorm
RB: Walker, Trippier
CB1: Alderwiereld, Wimmer
CB2: Vertonghen, Dier
LB: Rose, Davies

DM/CM: Wanyama?, Dier
CM: Mason, Bentaleb

LW: Pritchard, Heung-Ming Son
CAM: Eriksen, Alli/Carroll
RW: N'jie, Chadli

ST: Kane, Berahino

Can't see u signing wanyama for what they would want

I can see this going through as a like for like for lamella and he is infinitely more suited the way he plays which should naturally be a good thing

If this goes through and Berahino gets done, we are really just a DM away from having a really well balanced squad. Shame it couldn't have happened three weeks sooner, but better late than never, I guess.

GK: Lloris, Vorm
RB: Walker, Trippier
CB1: Alderwiereld, Wimmer
CB2: Vertonghen, Dier
LB: Rose, Davies

DM/CM: Wanyama?, Dier
CM: Mason, Bentaleb

LW: Pritchard, Heung-Ming Son
CAM: Eriksen, Alli/Carroll
RW: N'jie, Chadli

ST: Kane, Berahino
Exciting forward signings with pace and directness but Midfield area still the key for me and the three names u have there is far from exciting nor wud it put fear into any opposition . We without any doubt whatsoever need at least one top centre midfielder if not two ... Bentaleb n mason be used as back ups or rotation IMO .. Much prefer mason as he has more about him myself but hopefully done targets lined up .. Leverkusen looking like they going thru as well so doubt they selling Kramer if they ever were !! The whole story of Spurs in Germany few weeks ago was obv for son n not him I'd say

Nuts thing is that if we sold Lamela and Lennon and bought this guy plus Berahino, we'd still be zero net spend this window. Then sell Townsend for 12m and buy Wanyama for 18m. Window = net spend of 6m!

Yedlin to cater for the US market and Son for the Asian (might be a bit too generalising) then? I don`t know anything about Son, but he looks exciting with a good record in a good league, so propably a good prospect for our first 11 from a footballing perspective.

Although I`m absolutely certain Levy is rubbing his hands contemplating the marketing opportunities for the club too.

The South Korea international has emerged as a forward target for Spurs, who have failed to reach an agreement for Saido Berahino, and a deal looks to be edging nearer

Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller has confirmed that Heung-Min Son had a medical atTottenham on Wednesday ahead of a potential move, but maintains that no deal has yet been struck.

Spurs have long been pursuing a move for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, but saw a second bid for the 22-year-old rejected on Tuesday.

The club appear to have subsequently turned their attentions to the South Korea international, who scored 17 goals in all competitions last season, but Voller insists that the two clubs are yet to formally agree a transfer.

"There is a request and there are talks. But nothing is done. Son would not have played today anyway, he was sick at the weekend already. At this moment he is our player,” he told Sky.

"I saw many medicals in this business where there was no deal afterwards.

"We will try to reach an agreement, but only under our conditions."
Meaning if someone wants to make a bigger bid now is the time.

i haven't seen enough of this fella to say whether or not he will be a success so will give him the usual season before giving opinion. What worries me a whole lot though is that we were in for him under AVB before his move from Hamburg to Bayer. So what is behind this transfer. I was under the impression Poch was in charge of transfers, although this transfer says otherwise.

When did we play Bayer in Europe, they were really poor if I remember rightly over those two legs. We dominated both legs if I remember, although the agg score was 2-1 probably lol

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/26/tottenham-son-heung-min-bayer-leverkusen

Tottenham Hotspur have made a move to sign South Korea’s Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen in a deal that could be worth up to £22m (€30m).

The buy-out clause in Son’s contract – which was worth €22.5m – expired in May, meaning that Leverkusen have been able to drive up the fee;

Long term planning?
No its the usual last week of August rush.
Isn't the idea that Levy can buy cheaper at the end of the window? Well that is flimflam.
According to many in this thread we've been looking at this guy for years. But we wait until after the buyout clause expires.

The conspiracy theorist in me says Richard Scudamore loves this transfer with the foreign rights just about to be sold and has rewarded us with a top 4 spot this season!

i haven't seen enough of this fella to say whether or not he will be a success so will give him the usual season before giving opinion. What worries me a whole lot though is that we were in for him under AVB before his move from Hamburg to Bayer. So what is behind this transfer. I was under the impression Poch was in charge of transfers, although this transfer says otherwise.

When did we play Bayer in Europe, they were really poor if I remember rightly over those two legs. We dominated both legs if I remember, although the agg score was 2-1 probably lol

It is possible for different people to identify the same player, besides, who is to say that there was anything in the purported interest under AVB?

Pace is great but do N'jie and Son have what it takes to beat an opponent who is 'parking the bus'. No room for pace when the opposition sit deep.

Back