• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min Signs - Official

Someone suggesting this might mean Eriksen to Juventus. Sounds awefully paranoid.

Seems like the first Twitter "quote" from Voller jumped the gun somewhat. Far from a done deal, but a deal is being discussed, at least.

I've heard we're going to buy this guy and offer a swap of Son and Fazio for Berahino.

[insert laughing Pulis video here]

I can see the attraction to Poch. He is a player born to play his system. Can see him and Clint as wide forwards with Kane in the middle. Pace, Pace, Pace!!!

I remember a few years ago people would have laughed their asses off if we had bought a Belgian player, after all how many of them succeeded ... I only remember GIlles de Bilde 'cos he sounded like Bob.

We did try and sign Enzo Scifo every summer in the mid 90s.
Guck we need a signing- I'm reminiscing about 90s paper talk ( and that phone line that wasted my parents money)

I remember a few years ago people would have laughed their asses off if we had bought a Belgian player, after all how many of them succeeded ... I only remember GIlles de Bilde 'cos he sounded like Bob.

We did buy a Belgian and he was duff.

blondel_jonathan.jpg

He actually retired last season at the age of 31 after 13 surgical procedures in 12 years. Last game he played was in August 2013.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/26/tottenham-son-heung-min-bayer-leverkusen

Tottenham in talks to sign South Korea’s Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen

• Deal for attacking midfielder could be worth up to £22m
• Internazionale in talks with Tottenham over Erik Lamela

Tottenham Hotspur have made a move to sign South Korea’s Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen in a deal that could be worth up to £22m (€30m).

The London club have been in talks with Leverkusen over the attacking midfielder, who tends to play off the left wing but can operate in any of the positions behind the striker.

Son was not a part of Leverkusen’s open training session on Tuesday, before Wednesday night’s Champions League play-off second-leg at home to Lazio and he was not selected for the game, either. Leverkusen officials initially explained Son’s absence on a bout of flu. However, sporting director Rudi Völler has confirmed that he had a medical at Tottenham, but maintained that no deal has yet been struck. “There is a request and there are talks. But nothing is done,” he said. “Son would not have played today anyway, he was sick at the weekend already. At this moment he is our player. I saw many medicals in this business where there was no deal afterwards.”

The buy-out clause in Son’s contract – which was worth €22.5m – expired in May, meaning that Leverkusen have been able to drive up the fee; €30m would represent a club record, eclipsing the €21m [£18m] they received from Chelsea for André Schürrle in 2013. Son was signed from Hamburg for €10m that summer to replace Schürrle.

The 23-year-old is not only Asia’s footballer of the year but also one of the pin-up boys of its football. He is the face of several blue-chip brands including LG Electronics, the South Korean company who agreed to become Leverkusen’s shirt sponsors after he signed from Hamburg. LG agreed a three-year deal worth €6m a year. It would not renew if Son left.

Son has excelled at Leverkusen and he has been tracked by several English clubs, with Liverpool heavily linked with him in May. He has always wanted to play in the Premier League and Tottenham are primed to grant him his wish.

Tottenham retain a strong interest in the West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino, for whom they have had bids of £18m and £22m rejected, and they are trying to offload the winger Erik Lamela.

The Argentinian moved to White Hart Lane for a club record £30m from Roma two summers ago and he has struggled to adapt to the English game. Tottenham are in talks with Internazionale over Lamela but the Italian club do not have the money to strike a permanent deal for him before next Tuesday’s transfer deadline.

Inter would like to take him on loan, with a clause that guarantees the transfer is made permanent next summer, when they would begin to pay in instalments. The clubs are some way from reaching an agreement at present.

Back