• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Thanks, mate. And thanks @Baleforce! Much appreciated. Had my first day at work today. Lots of lovely people working there. Got talking a lot with one guy who was over the moon that we both loved Charles Bukowski. I appreciate ever little piece like that these days. I really hope it's a start of a sort of ascend out of the darkest mental pits. It's nice to be of use again. :)
You have always been of use mate, you just aren't always as aware the contributions to every day life you make. Certainly a valued contributor on here, wishing you all the best with your new job....

You have always been of use mate, you just aren't always as aware the contributions to every day life you make. Certainly a valued contributor on here, wishing you all the best with your new job....

Thank you, mate, you're kind to say that! I really appreciate your contribution on here as well! You're right, being depressed you just devalue everything and discount so many positives it just adds to the mental anguish. Thanks a lot for the kind words. :)

Thanks, mate. And thanks @Baleforce! Much appreciated. Had my first day at work today. Lots of lovely people working there. Got talking a lot with one guy who was over the moon that we both loved Charles Bukowski. I appreciate ever little piece like that these days. I really hope it's a start of a sort of ascend out of the darkest mental pits. It's nice to be of use again. :)

Love to hear these stories, glad you found something. Never heard of him but just looked him up - one deep convo to get into on your first day, great to have people you can open up to like that.

Love to hear these stories, glad you found something. Never heard of him but just looked him up - one deep convo to get into on your first day, great to have people you can open up to like that.

It is! They've been lovely so far. Got talking with another guy today, Chelsea-fan, but a lovely guy and we seem to have a lot to talk about. Starting this new job has been so encouraging so far. Great to be around lovely people on a daily basis. :) Bukowski is great! But can be quite dark. I recommend his short stories, he's got a few collections, Hot Water Music and Tales of Ordinary Madness are my favorites. Crazy stories, extremely well written, in my opinion. :)

I've only briefly noticed there's some kind of hoo ha but...

WTF...is going on with this Royal Mother's Day photograph...what are they trying to eek out...who cares!

They've even picked up on this in Norway. Three kids smiling - "it must be fake" - who cares? So what if they've doctored it? Is that any different from forcing people to say smiiiile when you take a photograph? :p

@Daisuk how was your week- hope you enjoyed it and are not too exhausted?

I’m going back to work myself in the week before Easter after a long lay off (from June 2023).

my wife is more pleased about this than I am.

Hey, thanks for asking, mate. :) it's been a bit rough to get up at 6 in the morning every day, but being back at work has been very good for my mental health. It's nice to have someone to care for and people to talk to at work. Brings a bit of normalcy back to a life that turned completely crazy last year. So I've enjoyed it, thanks! :)

You'll be fine! Is it a new job or your old one? :)

Hey, thanks for asking, mate. :) it's been a bit rough to get up at 6 in the morning every day, but being back at work has been very good for my mental health. It's nice to have someone to care for and people to talk to at work. Brings a bit of normalcy back to a life that turned completely crazy last year. So I've enjoyed it, thanks! :)

You'll be fine! Is it a new job or your old one? :)

Pleased to hear it. I’m most worried about the energy levels flagging as am used to a late start, a morning nap and an afternoon siesta. I’ve got to start going to bed at 10pm instead of 2am.

It’s the same line of work as always. The pity of it is that I will be working from home.

On the plus side, my start has been put back a week!

At least you weren’t alone in your travels through space and time last year- we were there with you buddy. Good that you got home safely and I wish you all the best.

Pleased to hear it. I’m most worried about the energy levels flagging as am used to a late start, a morning nap and an afternoon siesta. I’ve got to start going to bed at 10pm instead of 2am.

It’s the same line of work as always. The pity of it is that I will be working from home.

On the plus side, my start has been put back a week!

At least you weren’t alone in your travels through space and time last year- we were there with you buddy. Good that you got home safely and I wish you all the best.

Ah, working from home! Have you done that a lot before? I don't think I'd enjoy that too much personally, it's nice to have some colleagues.

You were indeed. Jesus Christ, I wrote a lot of weird brick on here, and that was just the tip of the ice berg. Thanks for tolerating my complete descent into madness. Hoping for an uplifting 2024 for us both, mate! Good luck with your new job. :)

Ah, working from home! Have you done that a lot before? I don't think I'd enjoy that too much personally, it's nice to have some colleagues.

You were indeed. Jesus Christ, I wrote a lot of weird brick on here, and that was just the tip of the ice berg. Thanks for tolerating my complete descent into madness. Hoping for an uplifting 2024 for us both, mate! Good luck with your new job. :)

I have worked from home before and whilst it is good for the home economics it’s not the optimum way of working. I suspect I am getting more and more culturally isolated from the core of the population!

Thank you very much. You have always been both polite and eloquent at all times - especially during the mania thing you experienced.

I work from home a lot with my contracts and the thing I have found is you must be disciplined

I find some weeks I won't have a lunch break or get out for some fresh air, it's some important for my mental health to get out and do a good few steps each day otherwise I feel very meh

I can do my job with my team perfectly fine but I do miss the sitting together as a team, going out, face to face collaboration too

I try to get into London to the Office at least once a week but the client we're working for doesn't have the room for our team in their office so it's a struggle sometimes

I have worked from home before and whilst it is good for the home economics it’s not the optimum way of working. I suspect I am getting more and more culturally isolated from the core of the population!

Thank you very much. You have always been both polite and eloquent at all times - especially during the mania thing you experienced.

Hmmm, i wonder if that affects a lot of people here as well after the virus. Probably does.

I was? Thank you. I have a limited memory of all the stuff I wrote, and don't particularly want to read it over now. But that's good to know! Thanks. :)

Hmmm, i wonder if that affects a lot of people here as well after the virus. Probably does.

I was? Thank you. I have a limited memory of all the stuff I wrote, and don't particularly want to read it over now. But that's good to know! Thanks. :)
I had a year totally remote and I felt de-socialized after that

I need human contact outside of my family we all do

I hope you die a slow painful death.

I would love to have reported that I’d chined him. But it wasn’t appropriate (is it ever?). At an event celebrating people who give their lives to bring sports to disabled and underprivileged kids, I was sappy 😂 And in the moment - a split second decision - I felt it was right. Now if it had been at a Panto and I had a spare tub of custard and a photographer…

Back