• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

We're heading over in the new year, is the plan. Has the volcano quieted down?

Which island are you heading to? I think there is a dormant volcano here. With a restaurant that’ll cook your meat over open volcanic fissures etc. The one erupting is on a different island I think. Hope so anyway!

Which island are you heading to? I think there is a dormant volcano here. With a restaurant that’ll cook your meat over open volcanic fissures etc. The one erupting is on a different island I think. Hope so anyway!
Lanzarote (I think). I'm not one for sun holidays so I hope there's some other stuff to gawk at. I'm a gawker.

I was in London there a few weeks ago which is also my first trip since the start of the pandemic. I loved being there (sans kids) but to be honest I found everything about traveling a little bit weird.

Omnicron actually helps. Flight was half empty. With a curious toddler that was a godsend. Spain introduced marks outside as a rule from today. People don’t seem to follow it here though. But in shops they do. Kinda an odd one as the two other couples who were supposed to be coming weren’t fully vaccinated so we have a massive villa to ourselves. I ignore corona as much as poss now. The only reminder are ambulances. In London and here you see too many. It is a stark reminder that this virus stuff is real, and some people are vulnerable. But you can’t let that stop you from living.

plenty to get into around the island (just arrived so didn’t do any yet). Flying back on the 1st.

My nephew tested positive for Covid. Learned of it in his dad's car driving home for Christmas. His dad refuses to get vaccinated. Refuses to wear a mask. Spouts right wing nonsense.

My nephew is double vaxxed. He returned to his temporary residence and will isolate there. His dad has returned home and will sleep tonight with my sister, who also isn't vaccinated. Mostly for verifiable medical reasons. But she's also a shrieking right-wing loonie.

She's also the principal care-giver to my mother, aged 94. And expects to take her to visit, on Christmas Day, my brother, his wife and two daughters, both of whom are partnered with health care professionals. It's all boiling over on Christmas Eve.

Talk about a rift forming in the family.

If you're anywhere near Sergio in Playa Blanca, give that a go for food, fantastic. And we're booked into Kamezi Deli and Bistro, which looks amazing too.

Top tips! Let me know how Kanezi is, we’re 2kms from there. Looks stossy soho meets Ibiza. Have to book in advance? Caught the sunset last night at the lighthouse just along the coast from there.

*stossy means? S w a n k y

Anyone know if IPTV will stream the game tomorrow? Never used it but the villa has a system hooked up to the telly. Otherwise any partisan bars…

Top tips! Let me know how Kanezi is, we’re 2kms from there. Looks stossy soho meets Ibiza. Have to book in advance? Caught the sunset last night at the lighthouse just along the coast from there.

Anyone know if IPTV will stream the game tomorrow? Never used it but the villa has a system hooked up to the telly. Otherwise any partisan bars…
I think you do need to book Kamezi, you can do it online, just choose the 9 or 12 plate tasting menu and whether you want the wine flight. Would also be wise to book Sergio (especially if you want on the veranda), very popular for a reason. Unassuming restaurant, but amazing chef, you will not be disappointed.

Had a lovely day with the kids and the family
Mrs still not feeling 100% and today has been a lot for her so my parents have left now, the kids are chilling, Mrs is in bed
I'm going to sit here and get smashed on Negroni's and Red Wine, got some cheese on the go watching Trading Places then the cricket tonight
Happy Xmas !!!

Had a lovely day with the kids and the family
Mrs still not feeling 100% and today has been a lot for her so my parents have left now, the kids are chilling, Mrs is in bed
I'm going to sit here and get smashed on Negroni's and Red Wine, got some cheese on the go watching Trading Places then the cricket tonight
Happy Xmas !!!

My brother in law is round and despite being Irish loves cricket so we will be watching tonight as well.

I don't understand the rules but I love the drinking game we are playing where everytime a player hits the ball you take a drink.

Didn't happen today, but did happen on Dec. 24. I was one of the lucky 50 photogs in the province of Ontario to acquire the new Nikon Z9 mirrorless camera on first day of availability. Glorious machine and who knows when more become available as supply chain issues set in again.

Its 46 megapixel sensor is more than double the size of my best camera, the D5's 21 mp's. It can shoot at 30 frames per second, more than twice the rate of the D5. And can be programmed, using an 11 mp sensor density, to shoot 120 frames per second. That's still photos, not video.

The ergonomics make it so easy and comfortable to use and, in terms of programming and functionality, it feels like a natural progression from previous Nikon digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras. Nikon have created a great lens adapter to allow use of DSLR lenses, which works superbly and lets customers smoothly transition from DSLR to mirrorless while keeping older lenses available for use. A sports photographer's dream. It'll also shoot 8k video for over 30 mins per take.

It's on Amazon Prime if you have that a device and a VPN ??

Back