• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

The mother in law who is like a mother to me an amazing woman, is sick. She lives in England now over from Ireland 7 years ago.

She has lost a stone and a half in 3 weeks, blood tests have come back negative. We are taking her for a scan at worthing hospital next week. The way she is walking it is not looking good.

The wife said to me this morning "soon we will be the oldest generation"

To be expected that your parents go before you but it is a horrible time.

Hope things go well mate.

i was meant to be interviewing for a new contract today
Followed the Teams link and sat in the teams waiting room for 20 minutes and nobody joined me from the company I was talking too
Rang my recruiter, he rang me back and said they had forgotten, they had a lot on today !!!
WTF, how bad is that on their part, recruiter was very embarassed
They want to reschedule but I'm not sure I'll speak with them, shame as it's really decent money too
Had my chat, it was clear after 1 minute that my skill set was nothing like what they wanted
Also they were interviewing for a perm role in an area of Insurance I knew nothing about
Spoke to the Consultants and an underling had got mine and another candidates profiles round the wrong way meaning we were both in the wrong interview
Clownshoes

The mother in law who is like a mother to me an amazing woman, is sick. She lives in England now over from Ireland 7 years ago.

She has lost a stone and a half in 3 weeks, blood tests have come back negative. We are taking her for a scan at worthing hospital next week. The way she is walking it is not looking good.

Sorry to hear this mate, hope you're all doing ok.

Nasty mate, hope it all goes OK

Currently making my way up Tottenham High Road. First time in 23 months. Everyone tested negative last night, although my result came in about three hours later than the rest . One night of four guys in a hotel room drinking beer and talking brick is too much.

So a few senior bods found out I’m leaving my current contract in a few weeks and have kicked off with my team as to who will lead the projects I’m running £1.1B of tax payers money

I’ve had to put a few in their place to highlight that I have given the organisation 8 weeks notice when my contract has 1 day in it.. they have now realised that I was gu6 making everything work and them all look good

Onwards and upwards as they say

So a few senior bods found out I’m leaving my current contract in a few weeks and have kicked off with my team as to who will lead the projects I’m running £1.1B of tax payers money

I’ve had to put a few in their place to highlight that I have given the organisation 8 weeks notice when my contract has 1 day in it.. they have now realised that I was gu6 making everything work and them all look good

They extending with a massive day rate hike then ???

Came home tonight feeling quite happy. After almost a year and a half of enforced idleness from most sports photography due to the pandemic, I've been digging in at one of my favourite gigs, team photographer for the Kitchener Rangers junior hockey club. Junior Canadian clubs are one of the principal suppliers of talent to the National Hockey League. The players range in age from 16-21, have their education, housing and athletic needs cared for and the best ones are drafted into the pros. If they don't turn pro, they have funding available for university education. The Rangers give me the run of the rink and it's been a ton of fun getting back into the swing of things.

Here's a shot of a winning goal last week taken with a radio controlled net cam - a Nikon D4s and 16mm fisheye lens housed in shatterproof Lexan casing.

DSC_4337-1024x699.jpg

Tonight was Teddy Bear Toss night. When the Rangers score their first goal of the game, fans are allowed to litter the ice with stuffed animals which are collected and given away to children's hospitals and organizations that care for the needy. It's an arena that holds 7,500 fans and almost every fan brings an animal to donate:

Teddy_Bear_2-1024x681.jpg

12_05_17_TeddyBears_Bench_4.jpg

Obviously, the game is stopped while a horde of volunteers clear the ice before the game resumes. Such a fun event for a great cause.

More galleries of my work are linkificated here:

https://kitchenerrangers.com/?pt=gallery&s=

Last edited:

I've got 4 chats/interviews next week lined up for my next contract
Now I've got experience as a BA I'm getting lots of interest, 25 years plus Lloyds market Insurance experience helping too
Be nice to get one over the line before Xmas and then I can enjoy my current contract until it ends end Jan

Back